Sponsored tournaments

Sponsored tournaments

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
19 Sep 03

I grew disgusted with tournaments because of the number of incredibly slow players involved, and hardly ever look in at the tournament page anymore. But now I see that there are tournaments that are being sponsored by various clans. What is the point of this, and how does it work?

m

Moves
19 Sep 03
1 edit

Originally posted by rwingett
I grew disgusted with tournaments because of the number of incredibly slow players involved, and hardly ever look in at the tournament page anymore. But now I see that there are tournaments that are being sponsored by various clans. What is the point of this, and how does it work?
Hi Rob.Just to reply to your latter points:

What is the point of this?
Same point as you bought a star: We support this site.

How does it work?
If you don't like slow players then exclude them.
Lyn.

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
05 Jan 04

N
Cannabist

's-Gravenhage

Moves
05 Jan 04

The DUNE clan sponsored a tournement and I will reward the winner of the tour a free copy of Dune by Frank Herbert. The subscriptionlist of the tour was full in no time. 😏

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
05 Jan 04

good on you nicolaiS,

the question i have is about the sponsored tournaments that do not have a prize.

i would like to call a tournament the :-) tournament but i am too much of a cheapskate to offer a prize.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Jan 04

People have sponsored tournaments before by putting up a bit of cash. As I have never been comfortable with this - I have decided that anyone who can offer a prize can sponsor a tournament. [As with the Dune clan]

-Russ