sponsored tournaments, eh?

sponsored tournaments, eh?

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p
High Priest

The Volcano

Moves
30 Jul 04

Call this a trial balloon...

Would folks be interest in, oh, say, a King's Gambit (Muzio variation) theme tournament sponsored by the Virgin Sacrifices?

Prize would have to be something like a Tal book (perhaps Art of Attack)...

d
Pancake Gobbler

Great Pancake Heist

Moves
30 Jul 04

kings gambit harsh double muzio gambit is fairly strong but this opening is extremly intense what would the start position be...count me in.

DBP

p
High Priest

The Volcano

Moves
30 Jul 04

the start position would probably not be the wildest ... probably just after the knight sac, not the bishop as well. I'm thinking the position after 1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nf3 g5 4. Bc4 g4 5. 0-0 gxf3 is a good starting spot, and if white wants to dump the bishop on f7 too, (s)he can feel more than free πŸ™‚

However, I'm not ponying up for a prize unless there's more interest expressed here...

The RudeΒ©

who knows?

Moves
30 Jul 04

Originally posted by paultopia
the start position would probably not be the wildest ... probably just after the knight sac, not the bishop as well. I'm thinking the position after 1. e4 e5 2. f4 exf4 3. Nf3 g5 4. Bc4 g4 5. 0-0 gxf3 is a good starting spot, and if white wants to dump the bishop on f7 too, (s)he can feel more than free πŸ™‚

However, I'm not ponying up for a prize unless there's more interest expressed here...
I would be interested in both tourny and book,but when some 1800 or 2000 player will join my interest will decrease dramatically............
Better if I'm going to buy that book!

g
The man himself

Totally lost

Moves
30 Jul 04

Very interesting πŸ™‚

t
Retired knight

Chess Castle

Moves
30 Jul 04

Originally posted by paultopia
Call this a trial balloon...

Would folks be interest in, oh, say, a King's Gambit (Muzio variation) theme tournament sponsored by the Virgin Sacrifices?

Prize would have to be something like a Tal book (perhaps Art of Attack)...
Make it a 1 day t/o and no timebank some most 2000 players dont like those kind of t/o