1. omnipresent
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 13:43
    has anybody else wondered who Russ (or whoever is responsible) comes up with these weird tourney names? I mean sure, greek letters and everything, it has a certain ring to it and there might be a system to it.
    But... this might just be my youthful ignorance kicking in again, but... how would you come up with something like Albinus Grouped Random?
    And is the Severus Grouped Random referring to Severus Snape in Harry Potter? And what kind of word is Pertinax? Or Saturninus, for that matter?
    Please, do enlighten me πŸ˜‰

Angie
  2. London
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 14:02
    Originally posted by angie88
    has anybody else wondered who Russ (or whoever is responsible) comes up with these weird tourney names? I mean sure, greek letters and everything, it has a certain ring to it and there might be a system to it.
    But... this might just be my youthful ignorance kicking in again, but... how would you come up with something like [b]Albinus
    Grouped Random?
    An ...[text shortened]... t kind of word is Pertinax? Or Saturninus, for that matter?

Angie[/b]
    i think it has something to do with the alphabetic order of greek gods/godesses or something like that.
  3. Fear The Cow
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 14:15
    Originally posted by Freddie2004
    i think it has something to do with the alphabetic order of greek gods/godesses or something like that.
    maybe there should be a competition or something to see who gets to name the next tournament.... that person wins a bye into the second round? or something
  4. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 14:25
    But... this might just be my youthful ignorance kicking in again, but... how would you come up with something like [b]Albinus
    Grouped Random?
    An ...[text shortened]... t kind of word is Pertinax? Or Saturninus, for that matter?

Angie[/b]
    Albinus, Antonius, Severus, Julianus, Pertinax, Commodus, Verus, Cassius, Aurelius, Pius, Hadrian, Trajan, Nerva were all roman emperors.

5. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jun '05 14:34
    Originally posted by chakan
    maybe there should be a competition or something to see who gets to name the next tournament.... that person wins a bye into the second round? or something
    Caracalla would be my guess πŸ˜‰
  6. Standard memberivangrice
    Deracinated
    Sydney
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 19:13
    Originally posted by cludi
    Caracalla would be my guess πŸ˜‰
    Mine's 'Graham'. Now-forgotten God of dinner party etiquette.
  7. Standard memberthecheat2
    I finally subscribed
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jun '05 23:07
    Grouped Random?

Angie[/b]
    All i can say is: YOU CRAZY!
  8. Joined
    18 Mar '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '05 04:29
    I think whatever names that Russ comes up with is fine as long as everyone gets to play in the tournaments be it mini bands, etc etc. Maybe it is just his style of doing something different.

EricπŸ™‚
  9. Standard membercludi
    Blogger
    Account suspended
    Moves
    06 Jul '05 12:29

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberFat mans revenge
    Pennywise Says Hi
    Up from mainstream
    Moves
    09 Jul '05 02:56
    Diadumenianus, another Roman emperor? Something about that name just strikes me as cruel.

-Fatty
  11. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    09 Jul '05 10:42
    Elagabalus
  12. Joined
    12 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 Jul '05 10:27
    Next tournament name will be.. Maximinus.
  13. Standard memberark13
    Enola Straight
    mouse mouse mouse
    Moves
    11 Jul '05 02:521 edit
    Bigus Dickus. Life of Brian? Anyone? πŸ˜•

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree