Lines Through Old Names?

Lines Through Old Names?

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

G

Moves
28 Apr 06

I have seen some tournaments where there are lines through people's names and even though they might have won the round the lower point person goes through instead of them.

Why does this happen? If you tell someone you drop out does someone else get to take your place? Is it folks getting caught cheating somehow? What gives?

t

my island

Moves
28 Apr 06

they're the cheating players

JoR
Scotch addict

Moves
28 Apr 06

Yes, these are players caught cheating

f
Quack Quack Quack !

Chesstralia

Moves
28 Apr 06

i taught a 4 year old to play chess ...

i said : blah blah blah ... and i said; your king is the most important piece on the board .. you must protect your king .. and i said ; blah blah blah ....

and she was white and ....

for her first move: she took her king off the board and sat on it then said :"your turn"

i was shocked ... i think i asked her if she wanted to play chasey around the garden.

SPS CLAN

Wales

Moves
28 Apr 06

Originally posted by GambitAccepted
I have seen some tournaments where there are lines through people's names and even though they might have won the round the lower point person goes through instead of them.

Why does this happen? If you tell someone you drop out does someone else get to take your place? Is it folks getting caught cheating somehow? What gives?
Yea the cheats gambit boy!The people that let their engines do all the thinking.....