Damn Sandbaggers

Damn Sandbaggers

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
16 May 07

For those who don't know:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sandbagger

Examples include: smouse User 188854 and hjp User 126523 in Tournament 908

Jerks! Stop ruining the Banded Tournaments for the rest of us.

😠

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin

😠
That tournie started in Dec 2005. Hardly sandbagging, when you look at the progress on smouse's graph.

I say well done to smouse on improving your rating by consistent play at TFC, and good luck in the remainder of the tournament.

As for you Daemon Sin - I'll be having words with your Mother later, ok?

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
16 May 07
1 edit

Originally posted by rhb
That tournie started in Dec 2005. Hardly sandbagging, when you look at the progress on smouse's graph.

I say well done to smouse on improving your rating by consistent play at TFC, and good luck in the remainder of the tournament.

As for you Daemon Sin - I'll be having words with your Mother later, ok?
Don't you stroll in here picking my gripe apart with pointless things like logic and facts! 😠

Considering the majority of his improvement happened in May 06, I doubt his Dec 05 rating would have been much different from his Jan 06 levels. Which still puts him around 50+ points over the rating band. My money is on a rating drop in Dec 05 that let him into the tournament.

If he had some integrity he'd resign out of the Tournament instead of adding another low-band victory to his 1700+ rating trophy cabinet.

EDIT: Will those words be "Give me some more of that hot loving?"

r
Ginger Scum

Paranoia

Moves
16 May 07

Don't you stroll in here picking my gripe apart with pointless things like logic and facts! 😠

I doubt his rating would have been much different from his Jan 06 levels.

If he had some integrity he'd resign out of the Tournament instead of adding another low-band victory to his 1700+ rating trophy cabinet.
Pathetic response. You'd lose an argument with Dr Scribbles.

Leave smouse alone!

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by rhb
Pathetic response. You'd lose an argument with Dr Scribbles.

Leave smouse alone!
Hey! There's no need for insults like that. 😠

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
16 May 07

😠
smouse joined that tournament a month after he joined the site, probably not knowing what his rating would be.

D

F

Moves
16 May 07
1 edit

Thank you for the explanation of a sandbagger.

(I thought a sandbaggrr was a slow player, dragging his moves as slow as possible.)

What do you call the opposite? An overrated person how has hundreds points over his actual skill due to sudden school of time outs...?

I'm not a sandbagger, but I could easily be one if I have to leave RHP for a some months, due to a sudden hospital care or prision or something other unforseen, and therefore lose all the games I have. What should I do to regain the rating to its previous level? Rising from 800 points to 1600 gives easy points in the beginning, like 30 points a game. Some are going to be p*ssed over this behaviour, feeling cheated, but what to do? What to do?

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Thank you for the explanation of a sandbagger.

(I thought a sandbaggrr was a slow player, dragging his moves as slow as possible.)

What do you call the opposite? An overrated person how has hundreds points over his actual skill due to sudden school of time outs...?

I'm not a sandbagger, but I could easily be one if I have to leave RHP for a some ...[text shortened]... . Some are going to be p*ssed over this behaviour, feeling cheated, but what to do? What to do?
There's plenty of un-banded Tournaments available for someone like that to be pitted against players of his own true rating.

s

Moves
16 May 07

Having been directed to this thread about me I thought I should join this forum and have my say (most of which has been accurately stated my 'rhb'😉.

I joined the site in late 2005 after a friend recommended it and started playing him and a few others. This was the first time I had played chess against anyone other than my dad for almost 15 years.

The site works by giving you a start rank of 1200 and so when I became a member it was about the same and I joined a number of tournaments for my range.

From school I knew I was a better than average player but that was at age 15. I didn't really know the standard of the players on the site and also I lost all my early games as my friends are much better than I am which also kept my early rank down until I started playing a wider group of people.

At no point was there any plan to cheat the system!

I do agree with the premise behind the arguement but not the childish uneducated way it has been put across.

For future perhaps the site designers should see if they can think of a way to work around this.

s

Moves
16 May 07

Oh and perhaps you forget April 2006 when you (Daemon Sin) too were over the upper limit! 😉

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
16 May 07

Make sure you don't make any moves with your new account, as multi-accounting is a bannable offence. You can also access these forums using your smouse account.

D

s

Moves
16 May 07
2 edits

s

Moves
16 May 07

Yes got a bit confused there....I play on the redhotpawn site and hadn't realised it was the same....d'oh.

That explains why "smouse" was already taken...d'oh again!

F

Moves
16 May 07

There's plenty of un-banded Tournaments available for someone like that to be pitted against players of his own true rating.
Oh, unbanded sandbagging is alright then...

Once I had one opponent 1100 os so, but I could see in his previous games that he was much better than this. So would I lose quickly and lose 30 rating points or would I lose slowly and play so slow that he has a chance of reaching his true rating level and only lose a few rating points? I decided to play so slow as possible and when he reached 1900 I gave up in a already lost position.

I thought I was sandbagging, but my understanding of the word was wrong. Now I know better.

z

Moves
16 May 07

Originally posted by smouse
Yes got a bit confused there....I play on the redhotpawn site and hadn't realised it was the same....d'oh.

That explains why "smouse" was already taken...d'oh again!
Are you serious?? Where are the anti-recs when you need them?