Creating a Tournament..............

Creating a Tournament..............

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Jan 12

To all,

What are the requirements/qualifications needed to create a tournament? Where would I find the information to make this happen? THANKS!

Peace, Bob
HiChief

Moves
15 Jan 12

Originally posted by HiChief
To all,

What are the requirements/qualifications needed to create a tournament? Where would I find the information to make this happen? THANKS!

Peace, Bob
HiChief
Hi to start a tournament you need to be a leader of a club with at least 10 members. So you would need to create one or find a club leader who wishes to give up their club (I think there might be a lot of those about) and ask to take it over, need to message Russ with agreement of current leader (or not if they have disappeared)......

I think clan leaders can also set up private tournaments, but I am not so sure about that.

Australia

Moves
17 Jan 12
2 edits

Clan leaders also have the facility but there's a qualifying member number there too. For clan or club leaders the tournament is restricted to subscribers who are members of the particular clan or club. None of us has the facility to create tournaments open to all subscribers on the site, that is a privilege presently restricted to admin.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Jan 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Clan leaders also have the facility but there's a qualifying member number there too. For clan or club leaders the tournament is restricted to subscribers who are members of the particular clan or club. None of us has the facility to create tournaments open to all subscribers on the site, that is a privilege presently restricted to admin.
There is a possibility by creating a private tournament and publishing the key...

Australia

Moves
18 Jan 12

Originally posted by Ponderable
There is a possibility by creating a private tournament and publishing the key...
Oh yes, I'd forgotten that one, you need to be a qualified clan leader (at least 5 clan members) to do that.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
21 Jan 12

Originally posted by Kewpie
Oh yes, I'd forgotten that one, you need to be a qualified clan leader (at least 5 clan members) to do that.
O k.I am a clan leader but I can't see how to create a tournament.I can see the tab private- my managed but there's obviously nothing there!!

Moves
25 Jan 12

http://www.timeforchess.com/tournament/createprivate.php