Christmas is coming...

Christmas is coming...

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
03 Dec 03

I have just heard the worse news ever. I have to go an visit my inlaws for Christmas. Not only that but I am going to be away for the whole week which means I am going to be timed out for sure on half my games.

On my own personal games I will beg / bribe / grovel for them not to time me out. I propose a bit of christmas spirit and that over the christmas period the auto-time out function on tournamnets be wavered.

What is the general feeling on this?

P.S. Belive me if I could get out of going to the inlaws I would but the argument being that I need to stay and play chess is not getting me anywhere

B

Moves
03 Dec 03

P.P.S I also wanted to wish all my fellow Pawn Stars and merry merry chrsitmas and happy new year

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
04 Dec 03

Timeouts are automatic. 😕

Try to get to a library while on vacation. That's what I am going to do.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
04 Dec 03

I will make sure the auto-timeout script is not run over the Xmas period. [I had planned to do this all along – but it looks like a good time to announce it now]

I will probably run it for the last time on Dec 24th, and not again until Jan 2nd.

As for manual timeouts, well, that just depends on an individuals Christmas spirit...

-Russ

BTW : A week at the in-laws over Christmas? That is harsh. Same happened to me a few years back, but in that week of boredom (there wasn't even a pub within walking distance) I started writing the prototype for a chess website...

B

Moves
05 Dec 03

Thanks Russ

Hope you have a good Christmas