Any chance of a 0/30 October Hardcore?

Any chance of a 0/30 October Hardcore?

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
30 Sep 06

I know this time control isn't to everyones tastes but the ones I've played in have filled (or very nearly filled) pretty quickly.

Thanks!

Moves
01 Oct 06

Originally posted by davidmacc
I know this time control isn't to everyones tastes but the ones I've played in have filled (or very nearly filled) pretty quickly.

Thanks!
I see you're going for a hattrick of hardcores....

O

Moves
15 Oct 06

I'm in one of the October Hardcore tournaments (0/30 1350-1500, http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=1492), and have a bit of a problem. I'm off to a very good start 🙂, but one of my opponents seems to have taken an action that'll hurt my chances of winning the tournament.

Dinc168 is beating me in one of our games (nothing wrong with that!), but has resigned every other game in the tournament - even some where he is up a couple pieces. While I'm happy to finish the game, and most likely give him the win soon enough, it seems unfair that everyone else was essentailly given a free 3 points. Is there anything I can do about it?

t

my island

Moves
15 Oct 06

Originally posted by OrangeKing
I'm in one of the October Hardcore tournaments (0/30 1350-1500, http://www.redhotpawn.com/tournament/view.php?tid=1492), and have a bit of a problem. I'm off to a very good start 🙂, but one of my opponents seems to have taken an action that'll hurt my chances of winning the tournament.

Dinc168 is beating me in one of our games (nothing wrong with tha ...[text shortened]... t everyone else was essentailly given a free 3 points. Is there anything I can do about it?
the only thing you could do is ask him/her to resign the game and say you'll give him/her the rating points back. you never know they might agree to it.

S
Playing badly

Underground

Moves
16 Oct 06

Dinc168 is beating me in one of our games (nothing wrong with tha ...[text shortened]... t everyone else was essentailly given a free 3 points. Is there anything I can do about it?
Looks like a sandbagger to me. He/she is likely to appearing in a 0-1249 final against me in the not too distant future. I'll have to make sure that crime doesn't pay 🙂

z

Moves
16 Oct 06

Try the send feedback link. The site admins are the only ones who could conceivably act on your complaint. If you do, let us know what their response is.

G
Mr. Shield

Moves
16 Oct 06

Originally posted by zebano
Try the send feedback link. The site admins are the only ones who could conceivably act on your complaint. If you do, let us know what their response is.
'If' they respond.

O

Moves
17 Oct 06
1 edit

Originally posted by zebano
I did get a response, saying they hope it doesn't happen again and that it is a strange situation, but that they don't have the tools to correct it (nor are they sure that they would if they could, as players who were winning their games at the time of the mass resignation might feel cheated). Which I'm ok with, at least I got a response. I'll just have to keep winning my other games. 🙂

TSP
HIT THE LIGHTS

Moves
21 Oct 06
1 edit

Dinc168 is beating me in one of our games (nothing wrong with tha t everyone else was essentailly given a free 3 points. Is there anything I can do about it?
you could stop moaning and get on with it

O

Moves
22 Oct 06

Originally posted by The Slow Pawn
you could stop moaning and get on with it
Thank you for this insightful reply 4 days after I posted the resolution to this situation. It has advanced the thread in ways I never dreamed possible. I hardly think I was moaning, either (I resigned the game days ago and never said a word to the player), but again, thanks!

z

Moves
26 Oct 06

bleh, I should not have entered this tournament.