zzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzz

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
15 Jul 07

This was me when there is surfing on the TV.
Seriously, who decided this hippie, beach-bum crap is a sport?

I always thought Formula 1 or Moto GP was bad, but at least they have crashes where someone has to sprint from a burning wreck.

What's exiting about surfing?
"Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, have a spliff... Radical!"
"Whoa! I thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."

What a crock.

t

my island

Moves
15 Jul 07

not a fan then?

JJ

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by Crowley

I always thought Formula 1 or Moto GP was bad, but at least they have crashes where someone has to sprint from a burning wreck.

"Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, ha ...[text shortened]... thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."

What a crock.
Whatever next....marbles!!!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Jul 07

Agreed. It's even worse than curling.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Agreed. It's even worse than curling.
What the hell is wrong with curling?

P-

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
What the hell is wrong with curling?

P-
Anyone that likes baseball isn't worth my time in discussing these matters.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
18 Jul 07

"Whoa, bru, you TOTALLY took that pipe! WHOA! Nice splash off the top there! Here, ha ...[text shortened]... thought I saw a shark for a minute there! Don't hog the joint, mon..."

What a crock.
What's exciting about surfing?
Have you ever done it? Apart from sex there's nothing better than the feeling you get on a wave.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
19 Jul 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
I'm waiting for Team Rock-Paper-Scissors

C

Moves
19 Jul 07

Originally posted by amannion
What's exciting about surfing?
Have you ever done it? Apart from sex there's nothing better than the feeling you get on a wave.
I don't doubt that for a minute. Both my brothers a keen surfers and say the same thing.

Unfortunately, the feeling you get watching someone else surfing is not quite the same as watching someone else having sex.......

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
19 Jul 07

Originally posted by Crita
I don't doubt that for a minute. Both my brothers a keen surfers and say the same thing.

Unfortunately, the feeling you get watching someone else surfing is not quite the same as watching someone else having sex.......
LOL.
Yeah, good point.
Although, if you are into surfing, you're quite often happy to watch others do it.
Actually, the funny thing about surfing unliek most other sports is you're often pretty happy just to watch the venue itself - that is, the waves and the sea.
I remember a quote from a surfing documentary about this - something along the lines that surfers love to just watch the waves, but how many tennis players love watching a tennis court?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
19 Jul 07

Originally posted by amannion
LOL.
Yeah, good point.
Although, if you are into surfing, you're quite often happy to watch others do it.
Actually, the funny thing about surfing unliek most other sports is you're often pretty happy just to watch the venue itself - that is, the waves and the sea.
I remember a quote from a surfing documentary about this - something along the lines that ...[text shortened]... urfers love to just watch the waves, but how many tennis players love watching a tennis court?
So, are you a hippie, bum or both?

C
Moonchester

Blue Moon

Moves
19 Jul 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
I heard that synchronised underwater basket weaving was being introduced for the 2012 olympics!!

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
19 Jul 07

Must admit I love a great wild beach with waves crashing etc.. photography is a passion but surfies are everywhere these days messing things up, taking over. Surfing does nothing for me except the babes on the the beach.. but don't get caught peeking cos she'll "fckg punch you owt perv" Laugh the best beach days are when the wind is wild in the wrong direction and they are all in a row looking peeved at the wild choppy or dead calm seas.

Take that surf smurfs..

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
19 Jul 07

So, are you a hippie, bum or both?
Neither, just a regular chump with a job and a family and a love of the outdoors which includes getting wet in the waves ...

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
20 Jul 07

What a crock.
New thing all the idiots do at the Jersey shore is noseriding. They'll noseride for about three feet in a foot of water then fall off the board. I think New Jersey should have to choose - either we have surfing, or 14-year-old girls trying to look 30.