Your fav. teams best 11

Your fav. teams best 11

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by spurs73
what about norman hunter?

If u saw madeley you must have seen hunter (also Johnny Giles and the gray brothers?)
I was born in 1970, so only have vague memories of the Revie era and the years immediately after. Some of the players I remember, especially those (like Madeley) that carried on a bit later.

From what I've read Giles would probably be in if I could remember him (and John Charles - definitely before my time).

I do remember Eddie Gray, though. He was close - he's on the bench!

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
04 Nov 07

Originally posted by mtthw

And I left out Tony Currie to avoid irritating blade šŸ™‚[/b]
Many thanks... I appreciate your reverence ( a surprising quality in a L**ds fan!)

Currie was and always will be a Blade!

šŸ˜‰

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
04 Nov 07

I remember the time when United had, copple and Hill on the wings and Joe Jordon and Stuart Pearson up front. LOL

Showing my age now!!
...not forgetting Lou Macari!!!!

I don't think Pearson and Jordan played in the same team did they? I could be wrong though...

That was an exciting front line for ManYoo, with the 2 flying wingers and a big man down the centre... they were a very good 'cup side' in the mid 70's...

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
04 Nov 07

[b]Pat Jennings is/was a LEGEND.

The best keepr ever to play for the club. Jennings.

It was hard to leave Gascoign out,
I agree, I remember big Pat, and he was quality... didn't earn any friend in North London when he switched though did he?

If I was a Spurs fan, I couldn't leave Gazza out. For me, he was the best player in the country whilst he was at WHL...

If the England team had been run correctly over the years, Gazza should've replaced Hoddle, who in turn, would've replaced Currie...

I
Cause I'm the taxman

Moves
07 Nov 07

For the Wolves (Since 1989) it would have to be...

1.GK Mike Stowell - Consistant performer for 12 years

2.RB Mark Venus - Under-rated right back who helped us from Division 4 to Division 2 before also having a spell at Ipswich

3.LB Lee Naylor - Hardworking full back. Made his debut at 17 and had 9 seasons at the club. Now at Celtic

4.CM Alex Rae - Fans favourite of the promotion team of 2003. He tackled himself into the ground, scored goals and never gave up. A true "Box to box" midfielder.

5.CB Joleon Lescott - Classy centre-half who could easily have played in midfield as his passing was so good also seemed to have forever on the ball. Now playing for Everton and England

6.CB Jody Craddock - His first season at the club was a nightmare as most games contained at least one goal for the opposition that was Craddock's fault! However he improved quickly and is now consistant and solid. Also he scores a large number of goals for a defender!

7.RW Michael Kightly - Signed last year from Grays Athletic but made the jump from non-league football to Football League look easy

8.CM Paul Ince - Well past his prime when he signed for us, but his performances were still excellent. His reputation also inspired others.

9. CF Steve Bull - Need I say more? The clubs record goalscorer and the last player to be picked for England whilst playing in Division 3 (League 1) He showed his class by scoring against Scotland! :-)

10.CF Robbie Keane - Looked stupidly good when he played for us (Debut at 17, scoring twice at Norwich) and was he hottest prospect in the league. He hasn't lived up to hi potential though...

11.LW Pal Cook - Usually a right wingr, but could play left. The most accurate crosser of a ball I have seen at Molineux

Subs
12.CB Mark Clyde - Another layer with enormous talent and a defender with excellent ball control and passing. Injuries stopped him however and he had to retire last season

13.GK Matt Murray - Brilliant young keeper but another who gets injured very easily.

14.CF Ade Akinbyi - Whilst most people hat this bloke, when he was at Wolves he scored regularly (25 goals in his only full season)

15.CM Karl Henry - Signed from Stoke, dedicated and no nonsense. He does the simple things well and it is noticeable when he is absent

16.Colin Cameron - Similar to Rae, a typical box to box player who never said die

s

6yd box

Moves
07 Nov 07

Originally posted by blade68
...not forgetting Lou Macari!!!!

I don't think Pearson and Jordan played in the same team did they? I could be wrong though...

That was an exciting front line for ManYoo, with the 2 flying wingers and a big man down the centre... they were a very good 'cup side' in the mid 70's...
you may be right.. perhaps i am getting Pearson mixed up with brian greenhoff?

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
21 Mar 08

Originally posted by InlandRevenueUK
[b]For the Wolves (Since 1989) it would have to be...

14.CF Ade Akinbyi -
Oh dear, oh dear... even though your team is since '89, there has to be a better inclusion than this???

Santiago

Moves
21 Mar 08

N Martyn
K Sansom
E Young
N Thorn
A Cole (well on loan)
J Salako
A Gray
G Thomas
A Lombardo
I Wright
M Bright

Subs: A Johnson, P Taylor, D Freedman, J Humphrey, C Morrison, D Hopkin, G Southgate

s

6yd box

Moves
21 Mar 08

Originally posted by Hopster
N Martyn
K Sansom
E Young
N Thorn
A Cole (well on loan)
J Salako
A Gray
G Thomas
A Lombardo
I Wright
M Bright

Subs: A Johnson, P Taylor, D Freedman, J Humphrey, C Morrison, D Hopkin, G Southgate
Are you old enough to remember Vince Hilaire ?

Santiago

Moves
21 Mar 08

Not PC. But I think the song was ´There´s a brown boy on the wing¨ a play on Boney M.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
21 Mar 08

where's my puke emoticon?

Here's the best team ever, guys

GK - Iker Casillas
LB - Sergio Ramos
CB - Cannavaro
CB - Pepe
RB - Michel Salgado

LM - Robinho
CM - Sneijder
CM - Guti
RM - Robben

ST - Van Nistelrooy
ST - Raúl

šŸ˜µ

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
22 Mar 08

ok here goes a team where i doubt many on here have heard of thee players

Wycombe

Maskell
Cousins
Delaney
Evans
Bell
Worley
Carroll
Ahford
Guppy
West
Horseman

subs:
Hyde
Taylor
Scott
Creaser
Garner

a

puƱO y letRa

Moves
22 Mar 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Seitse

GK - Iker Casillas
LB - Sergio Ramos
CB - Cannavaro
CB - Pepe
RB - Michel Salgado

LM - Robinho
CM - Sneijder
CM - Guti
RM - Robben

ST - Van Nistelrooy
ST - Raúl

šŸ˜µ
Del Real Madrid! olé tus huevos! pero mi alineación favorita cambia un poco..

---------------------------------Casillas----------------------------------------

---Pepe-------------Heinze---------------Cannavaro----------Sergio Ramos

-------------Robben--------------------------------Gago----------------------

-----------------------------------Guti------------------------------------------

---------------------Robinho----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------Raúl---------------------------------------

----------------------------------Van Nistelrooy--------------------------------

s

6yd box

Moves
22 Mar 08

Originally posted by Seitse

GK - Iker Casillas
LB - Sergio Ramos
CB - Cannavaro
CB - Pepe
RB - Michel Salgado

LM - Robinho
CM - Sneijder
CM - Guti
RM - Robben

ST - Van Nistelrooy
ST - Raúl

šŸ˜µ
WHAT ! no Zidane or Figo.... are you sure.

I did say 'YOUR FEV TEAM'S ALL TIME 11' not just the prescent squad

s

6yd box

Moves
22 Mar 08

Originally posted by Wycombe Al
ok here goes a team where i doubt many on here have heard of thee players

Wycombe

Maskell
Cousins
Delaney
Evans
Bell
Worley
Carroll
Ahford
Guppy
West
Horseman

subs:
Hyde
Taylor
Scott
Creaser
Garner
is that Guppy who went on to play for lecister city?