Yankees

Yankees

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Sep 08

Originally posted by dicky
A Yankees fan from the other side of the pond and saw my first game at Yankee Stadium last year.
How does the Wild Card system work and do the Yankees still have a chance?
The Wild card is the 4th playoff team which is awarded to the team with the best won-lost record in the league that did not win their division. Technically, the Yankees still have a very slim chance at the wild card, but time is very short and the odds are very long for them. Currently, Boston looks like the wild card unless they can overtake Tampa Bay, in which case Tampa would have the wild card lead.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 Sep 08

Originally posted by Yassy94
They are doing so horrible this season. 🙁
It sucks.
Good Riddance!

4th place after my second favorite team "The Canadians" sweep Teh Rays.

P-

d

Moves
08 Sep 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Good Riddance!

4th place after my second favorite team "The Canadians" sweep Teh Rays.

P-
Leave it to the Jays to go on their best run in years when they're pretty much out of the race. Need an epic collapse from either the Rays or the Sox. The Rays are looking more likely to be the ones to give us a (very slim) chance.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
Leave it to the Jays to go on their best run in years when they're pretty much out of the race. Need an epic collapse from either the Rays or the Sox. The Rays are looking more likely to be the ones to give us a (very slim) chance.
Can Roy Halliday throw every 4 games....let me re-phrase that....can Roy throw 4 games out of every 5?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
10 Sep 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Can Roy Halliday throw every 4 games....let me re-phrase that....can Roy throw 4 games out of every 5?
Maybe Halliday-Burnett-Halliday-Burnett-Halliday???

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Sep 08

Haven't seen the standings lately. Are the Yankees closing in on that wild card yet? No.1 guaranteed it so it must be so. 😉

d

Moves
12 Sep 08

Haven't seen the standings lately. Are the Yankees closing in on that wild card yet? No.1 guaranteed it so it must be so. 😉
Jays have won 11 of 12 and go into a 4 game series in Boston starting tonight. If we can somehow sweep the series, we will be only 2.5 games out of the wild card.

You never know!!!

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Sep 08
1 edit

Jays have won 11 of 12 and go into a 4 game series in Boston starting tonight. If we can somehow sweep the series, we will be only 2.5 games out of the wild card.

You never know!!!
The leafs are going to win the cup this year baby!

EDIT: I do hope the Jays make it in somehow. I just think the odds are stacked against them. I hope i'm wrong!

d

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by uzless
The leafs are going to win the cup this year baby!

EDIT: I do hope the Jays make it in somehow. I just think the odds are stacked against them. I hope i'm wrong!
Halladay, Burnett and Litsch will ALL be pitching on only 3 days rest!

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Sep 08

Halladay, Burnett and Litsch will ALL be pitching on only 3 days rest!
It'll End In Tears

d

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by uzless
It'll End In Tears
Quoting This Mortal Coil for us all? 😉

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Sep 08

Quoting This Mortal Coil for us all? 😉
Sure thing Randy

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
13 Sep 08

You never know!!!
The Jays and the Astros are the hottest teams in baseball right now. The Astros are only 3 games out of the wild card. There are some very nervous teams right now, to be sure!!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
13 Sep 08

The Jays and the Astros are the hottest teams in baseball right now. The Astros are only 3 games out of the wild card. There are some very nervous teams right now, to be sure!!
7-0 Sox over Jays.

DR

Moves
13 Sep 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
7-0 Sox over Jays.
BoSox should sign Wakefield to pitch until he's fifty.