Yankees

Yankees

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Y

Southern California

Moves
04 Jul 08

They are doing so horrible this season. 🙁
It sucks.

DC
The Mighty

Rocky Mountains

Moves
04 Jul 08

Originally posted by Yassy94
They suck.
There.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
05 Jul 08

It sucks.
Money can't buy you love.

w

Moves
06 Jul 08
3 edits

Originally posted by SmookieP
Money can't buy you love.
Very true. Money can only buy you a play off birth for the last 20,223 years in a row, but not love. Ok, Ok, so I'm exagerating. It has only been 20,202 years of straight Yankee play off births. 😀

I say the Yankees have the worst team $200 million plus can buy. Of course, I will still be suprised if they still do not make the playoffs despite their terrible start.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
10 Jul 08
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
Very true. Money can only buy you a play off birth for the last 20,223 years in a row, but not love. Ok, Ok, so I'm exagerating. It has only been 20,202 years of straight Yankee play off births. 😀

I say the Yankees have the worst team $200 million plus can buy. Of course, I will still be suprised if they still do not make the playoffs despite their terrible start.
I guess not making it there from 1982-94 (12 damn years) slipped your mind.

1965-75

1901-18

Plus a few other missed years.

P-

d

Moves
10 Jul 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I guess not making it there from 1982-94 (12 damn years) slipped your mind.

1965-75

1901-18

Plus a few other missed years.

P-
When i started following baseball in the late eighties early nineties, the Yankees were perennially the worst team in the AL East. Totally laughable.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
10 Jul 08

Originally posted by darvlay
When i started following baseball in the late eighties early nineties, the Yankees were perennially the worst team in the AL East. Totally laughable.
I started around 74 or so... too bad for me.

P-

J

Moves
11 Jul 08

Oh they have a GREAT team. They just have HORRIBLE pitching. Give the Yankees the Cubs pitching and they would be unstoppable.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Jul 08
2 edits

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Oh they have a GREAT team. They just have HORRIBLE pitching. Give the Yankees the Cubs pitching and they would be unstoppable.
Actually, the Yanks are 7th in ERA in the AL, but 8th in runs scored. The Cubs are 5th in the NL in ERA and their 3.91 isn't much better than the Yankees' 4.11 factoring in the use of the DH in the AL.

The Yanks' pitching has been much better lately even without staff ace Wang (out until September) but injuries to Matsui and Damon (both were having fine seasons) have hurt the offense. Plus Posada's nagging shoulder problem has prevented him from catching much forcing the Yankees to use the light hitting Molina for extended periods. The lineup now just isn't as good as the one last year which averaged close to 6 runs a game.

J

Moves
13 Jul 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Actually, the Yanks are 7th in ERA in the AL, but 8th in runs scored. The Cubs are 5th in the NL in ERA and their 3.91 isn't much better than the Yankees' 4.11 factoring in the use of the DH in the AL.

The Yanks' pitching has been much better lately even without staff ace Wang (out until September) but injuries to Matsui and Damon (both were ...[text shortened]... e lineup now just isn't as good as the one last year which averaged close to 6 runs a game.
I don't know where you got the Cubs 5th in ERA in the NL but it's wrong. They are third in ERA in the NL. And here is proof.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_team_stats.[WORD TOO LONG]

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
13 Jul 08

It sucks.
This made my day.

Always great to see a Yankees fan suffer.

Y

Southern California

Moves
02 Aug 08

How did we go from baseball to "money cant buy you love?"

w

Moves
03 Aug 08
2 edits

Originally posted by PocketKings
This made my day.

Always great to see a Yankees fan suffer.
If you call being 10 games over 500 suffering so be it.

Edit: Then again, having a season that you don't make the play off's for the first time in 20 or so years and then have your stadium torn down to boot, yea, that has got to bite.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Aug 08

If you call being 10 games over 500 suffering so be it.

Edit: Then again, having a season that you don't make the play off's for the first time in 20 or so years and then have your stadium torn down to boot, yea, that has got to bite.
Despite losing three big time players to season ending injuries - Posada, Matsui and now Wang - and getting zero wins from the two young pitchers, Hughes and Kennedy, who were put into the starting rotation at the beginning of the season, the Yanks are right in the race. I expect you and the other Yankee haters who have been saying they won't make the playoffs have a big disappointment in store.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
19 Aug 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Despite losing three big time players to season ending injuries - Posada, Matsui and now Wang - and getting zero wins from the two young pitchers, Hughes and Kennedy, who were put into the starting rotation at the beginning of the season, the Yanks are right in the race. I expect you and the other Yankee haters who have been saying they won't make the playoffs have a big disappointment in store.
This must be the greatest disguised trick in history. The Yankees are baiting the competition by falling farther away from the lead while they are coiled and ready to soar up those standings!! Tampa and the Beaners don't seem as convinced. Neither do Minnesota and Chicago. Guess they can bury the team when they bury the stadium. :'(😞