World Champion Cincinnati Reds

World Champion Cincinnati Reds

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
26 Aug 13

Originally posted by Chaswray
IMHO, in a short series, 5 or 7 games, good pitching "should" win most often. There are exceptions to that (see 1971 World Series), but it is an old baseball axiom!!
Go, Buckos!! 😀

w

Moves
27 Aug 13

The Reds just dropped another to the Cards. They should get swept in St. Louis.

Oh the disgrace of it all. 😳

If I were Dusty, I would forfiet the next two games and save the bull pen and give the players a rest before the next series.

w

Moves
28 Aug 13

I've decided to bet large amounts of money against the Reds every time they play the Cards.

I'm gonna be richer than Pete Rose himself!! 😵

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
04 Sep 13

Twenty years of futility, frustration, and being the laughingstock of baseball ended last night! Now, on to the playoffs!!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
05 Sep 13

The Buckos are one pawn ahead of the Reds and Cards.. this will be an interesting finish, for sure!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
05 Sep 13

Twenty years of futility, frustration, and being the laughingstock of baseball ended last night! Now, on to the playoffs!!
You mean the Pirates are guaranteed to finish above .500 for the year?
I know they are in the thick of the playoff chase, but nothing else I could see is guaranteed.

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
15 Sep 13

Originally posted by shortcircuit
You mean the Pirates are guaranteed to finish above .500 for the year?
I know they are in the thick of the playoff chase, but nothing else I could see is guaranteed.
Yes I simply meant that they had the "20 years of losing monkey" off their backs, nothing else is guaranteed, but it is highly likely that they will make the play offs with just 14 games left to play now🙂

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
19 Sep 13

Yes I simply meant that they had the "20 years of losing monkey" off their backs, nothing else is guaranteed, but it is highly likely that they will make the play offs with just 14 games left to play now🙂
Sure would like to see them make the playoffs.

I personally think McCutcheon deserves the MVP.
Not sure what the voters will do though.

d

Moves
20 Sep 13

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Sure would like to see them make the playoffs.

I personally think McCutcheon deserves the MVP.
Not sure what the voters will do though.
They're making the playoffs, no doubt. I live 30 minutes from St Louis so I'm a Cardinals fan. It's hard to argue with McCutcheon considering he's practically the whole pirates offense. I think a good case can be made for Matt Carpenter, though.

MC

Moves
20 Sep 13

What about Cabrera if he gets another triple crown?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
20 Sep 13

Cabrera is in the AL. We were discussing the NL

However, Cabrera and Trout are the short list in the AL. Chris Davis will
also get some consideration, but I don't see him finishing higher than third
in the balloting.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
20 Sep 13

Matt Carpenter, Freddie Freeman, Yadier Molina and even Clayton Kershaw and Adam Wainwright will draw attention. Normally I would include Buster Posey since his numbers are actually slightly better than Molina's, but the
Giants are not in the race.

Personally, I don't think pitchers should be MVP, they have the Cy Young,
and no hitter is eligible for that award.

C
NUTTING BUSTER

Baseball Purgatory

Moves
23 Sep 13

IMHO, the NL MVP will come down to Cutch and Molina, either one is very deserving!

d

Moves
23 Sep 13

IMHO, the NL MVP will come down to Cutch and Molina, either one is very deserving!
Molina's offensive numbers aren't as good as some would like, but you can't argue with what he adds behind the plate. Baseball is so stat driven, though, that it's hard to factor in how well the young staff of the cardinals pitches with Yadi catching. Or how almost every runner is afraid of him.

JO

Moves
24 Sep 13

Twenty-one years ago, the arrogant Barry Bonds ignored Andy van Slyke's plea to "move in closer", and subsequently Bonds did not have time to get Sid Bream at the plate. Last night, McCutchen backed up his teammate's miscue and made the play to get the runner at the plate. No matter how far the Pirates go this year, at least they have a new highlight film to watch!