World Champion Cincinnati Reds

World Champion Cincinnati Reds

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
19 Feb 13

Get used to hearing it. 😀

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 Feb 13

Originally posted by whodey
Get used to hearing it. 😀
Go braves!

Z

Moves
19 Feb 13

RUUUUUDE JAYS! BRAAAAP!~

Z

Moves
19 Feb 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
Go braves!
Braves can suck it. They got those pissy Upton brothers in the outfield now. These guys have been touted the past ten years and besides BJ's good run in the playoffs 5 years ago, what have they done, really?

Z

Moves
19 Feb 13

Jays are gonna get 180 wins this season.

Z

Moves
19 Feb 13

Can you tell I'm excited?

w

Moves
19 Feb 13

The Reds were but one basing running error by Phillips in defeating the world champion Giants in game 3, and that was with their best hitter and pitcher injured.

With both of them healthy, we will crush the skulls of any Yankee scum who stands in our way! 😠

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
20 Feb 13

Originally posted by Zamboner
Can you tell I'm excited?
Actually, I would say crazed. LOL

The Jays do look to be very strong this year after two great trades though.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
20 Feb 13

The Reds were but one basing running error by Phillips in defeating the world champion Giants in game 3, and that was with their best hitter and pitcher injured.

With both of them healthy, we will crush the skulls of any Yankee scum who stands in our way! 😠
The key to the Reds being the favorite in the NL is keeping Chapman in the bullpen.
Moving him to a starter will make a great bullpen a mediocre one.

Another key is if Shoo can handle CF. I believe they are going to have to stick Jay
Bruce in CF. I don't think that is a deal breaker, but Stubbs covers more ground than
either of these guys will. Shoo will increase the OBP out of the leadoff spot though.

w

Moves
20 Feb 13

Originally posted by shortcircuit
The key to the Reds being the favorite in the NL is keeping Chapman in the bullpen.
Moving him to a starter will make a great bullpen a mediocre one.

Another key is if Shoo can handle CF. I believe they are going to have to stick Jay
Bruce in CF. I don't think that is a deal breaker, but Stubbs covers more ground than
either of these guys will. Shoo will increase the OBP out of the leadoff spot though.
It definately is concerning. Will the bullpen go belly up? In fact, will Champan be able to adapt to the starter roll?

Their success hinges on these questions. I also hope Votto will be OK. If he is not, it's not like they are going to tell us.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 Feb 13

It definately is concerning. Will the bullpen go belly up? In fact, will Champan be able to adapt to the starter roll?

Their success hinges on these questions. I also hope Votto will be OK. If he is not, it's not like they are going to tell us.
I heard Votto is much better now that he has both legs under him again.
They don't seem too concerned.
For the life of me I don't know why they want to move Chapman to a starter role.

Z

Moves
21 Feb 13

Originally posted by shortcircuit
For the life of me I don't know why they want to move Chapman to a starter role.
It boggles the mind. He and Kimbrel are the most dominant closers in the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Feb 13
1 edit

It boggles the mind. He and Kimbrel are the most dominant closers in the game. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If Chapman can start, he should. He'll pitch two to three times as many innings in the rotation as he would in the pen and our fifth starter, Mike Leake, was only 8-9 with a 4.58 ERA and while Arroyo had a bounce back year, he remains a question mark. The Reds bullpen was #1 in baseball last year and would have been among the best even without Chapman, who, as good as he was, did blow 5 saves and lose 5 games. It's probable that Broxton can be a solid closer as he was in the past, including for KC last year until he was traded to the Reds. Chapman is wasted pitching only 50-75 innings a year.

EDIT: Broxton saved 23 for the Royals in 27 chances and when Chapman went down for a couple of weeks in September, JB had 4 straight saves in 4 appearances.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
21 Feb 13
1 edit

Jays are gonna get 180 wins this season.
never will happen for any team. Maybe only for video games. The most a team can get is 173.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Feb 13

It's more than a little ridiculous to blame the loss in a 10 inning 2-1 game on a guy getting thrown out at third in the 1st inning.