Week 5 predictions

Week 5 predictions

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
06 Oct 07

Originally posted by Doctor Rat
In 2005, with Corey Dillon suffering year-long injuries (209 rushes, 733 yds, 3.5 avg), and no back-up running back on the roster (Heath Evans was the next leading rusher with 51 rushes, 192 yards, and a 3.8 avg), every Patriots opponent loaded up against the pass to stomp the over-hyped, "system-QB" Tom Brady into the ground. And without a complementary ...[text shortened]... his 2005 team. Repent, and ask Tom Brady for forgiveness for your disbelief of his majesty.
So you want to insult,
Deion Branch . . 78 rec 998 yds 12.8
David Givens . . 59 rec 738 yds 12.5
Troy Brown . . . 39 rec 466 yds 11.9
Kevin Faulk . . . 29 rec 260 yds 9.0

Your saying, these guys had Velcro on their hands and can't catch the ball without it?

Come on, a lot of things have to happen for Brady to succeed, Any Quarterback has to have protection, and relievers to make it work. The Media makes the names. You advertise it and it becomes a Brand name. I buy off brand products all the time, it is usually cheaper. Guess what, the off brands come from the same manufactures as the name brand. Costs less but just as good. I am not saying Brady isn't a good player, but he isn't the best...just the best in New England.

R
The Rams

Moves
06 Oct 07

Key words in that: Quarterbacks need protection and relievers to do well. Bulger.

DR

Moves
06 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by cashthetrash
So you want to insult, Deion Branch 78 rec 998 yds 12.8, David Givens 59 rec 738 yds 12.5, Troy Brown 39 rec 466 yds 11.9, Kevin Faulk 29 rec 260 yds 9.0. Your saying, these guys had Velcro on their hands and can't catch the ball without it?
Trying to hijack the connotation of my position isn't going to work, Cash. If you want to say I'm insulting those receivers, that's your call, not mine. Branch, Brown, Givens, and Faulk were simply not in the same class as Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, and Edgerrin James in 2005. I am saying that the "velcro" was the accurate passing of Tom Brady, a QB who did more with less and led the league in passing yardage in 2005 with a fair group of receivers, which is my arguement for Brady's excellence. If your "rebuttal" rests on your trying to convince everyone that Branch, Brown, Givens, and Faulk were the equals to Harrison/Wayne, Boldin/Fitzgerald, Holt/Bruce, or T.O. or Steve Smith, then you seriously need to take a step back and look at how irrational that is.

Come on, a lot of things have to happen for Brady to succeed, Any Quarterback has to have protection, and relievers to make it work. The Media makes the names. You advertise it and it becomes a Brand name. I buy off brand products all the time, it is usually cheaper. Guess what, the off brands come from the same manufactures as the name brand. Costs less but just as good. I am not saying Brady isn't a good player, but he isn't the best...just the best in New England.

And now who's insulting players? Brady isn't the best QB in the NFL, he isn't the best QB in the AFC, he isn't the best QB in the AFC East, he's only the best QB on the New England Patriots team? This is the depth of insanity to which Brady-haters stoop to desperately hang on to their anti-Patriot cult beliefs. Your rambling screed on "Pepsi vs. Sam's Choice Cola" is further evidence of your growing psychological dissonance in the face of your crumbling world-view vis-a-vis Tom Brady's superiority.

For those that say greatness is all about winning, then I say Brady's 3 Super Bowls, 10 consecutive post season wins (NFL record), second all-time NFL winning percentage (trailing only Lamonica), and NFL record 21-game winning streak clearly gives Brady the nod as the NFL's greatest active QB (and when Brady wins his 5th Super Bowl in a couple of years, he will be the greatest bar none).

For the Brady-haters who then try to blow off winning and say it is all about the stats, then Peyton Manning is first on everyone's mind, and Manning has more records than Brady. BUT, one has to consider that Brady has done more with less, and that makes Brady's accomplishments even more remarkable. Brady has a few records of his own: Brady is currently third in consecutive starts for a QB (behind Favre and Manning). Tom Brady currently holds 4th place in the career passing % category. Tom Brady led the league in passing yardage in 2005, completely on the merits of his arm and read-and-recognition abilities and not on the strength of his receiving corps. Tom Brady holds the Super Bowl record for most completions (32). Brady led the league in touchdowns in 2002 with 28 TDs. So if ya want some stats, he's got a couple.

Any arguement that Brady had a better receiving corps and that's why he has been so good before 2007 is a complete joke. Any arguement that Brady is playing in some magical "system" and that's why he's so good, then please discuss in detail what this system is, and why aren't other coaches using this system if it so superior to everything else out there. And if it is a team concept and system that has won those 3 super bowls and made the Patriots the winningest NFL franchise of the 2000's...

... then kneel before the greatest coach of all time, Bill Belichick! Kneel before your new god and admit his mastery of all who oppose him!

KNEEL OR FEEL THE WRATH OF THE HOODIE!!!!1!!

DR

Moves
06 Oct 07

Originally posted by Ramned
Key words in that: Quarterbacks need protection and relievers to do well. Bulger.
A Defense's definition of fear: "The Greatest Show on Turf" 1999-2001.

I read on an internet sports report that a Rams player wishing to remain anonymous said he didn't know when the Rams would win another game and that 0-16 was a real possibility. When your players start thinking like that, a team is in real trouble.

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
06 Oct 07

Tampa 24

Indy 10

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
06 Oct 07

Trying to hijack the connotation of my position isn't going to work, Cash. If you want to say I'm insulting those receivers, that's your call, not mine. Branch, Brown, Givens, and Faulk were simply not in the same class as Harrison, Wayne, Stokely, and Edgerrin James in 2005. I am saying that the "velcro" was the accurate passing of Tom Brady, a QB who di ...[text shortened]... who oppose him!

KNEEL OR FEEL THE WRATH OF THE HOODIE!!!!1!!
Don't forget that Brady would still be a nobody if his defense hadn't stopped other teams from scoring more than NE did. Also don't forget, that if you play in a weak division and are basically handed several free wins each year that helps quite a bit as well. Like I said it takes a lot for a Team to succeed, why do you insist on giving Tom Brady all the credit. It is a Team sport. And it took a lot of luck from play calling and other NFL officials as well, for New England to have ever won anything unlike the Cowboys who are just plain good.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
06 Oct 07

Don't forget that Brady would still be a nobody if his defense hadn't stopped other teams from scoring more than NE did. Also don't forget, that if you play in a weak division and are basically handed several free wins each year that helps quite a bit as well. Like I said it takes a lot for a [b]Team to succeed, why do you insist on giving Tom Brady ...[text shortened]... s well, for New England to have ever won anything unlike the Cowboys who are just plain good.[/b]
Why do you hate Tom Brady so much? You realize he once pulled my mother from a burning car and before anyone could say 'thanx' he flew into the sky to fight MORE CRIME.

P-

w

Moves
06 Oct 07

The Bungals will loose. Really that is all I am certain of. The rest is just window dressing for me. :'(

R
The Rams

Moves
07 Oct 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Why do you hate Tom Brady so much? You realize he once pulled my mother from a burning car and before anyone could say 'thanx' he flew into the sky to fight MORE CRIME.

P-
You meant "cause" more crime. He must've flown off to rob a camera store.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
07 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
The Bungals will loose. Really that is all I am certain of. The rest is just window dressing for me. :'(
What an insult to the Rams who are SURE to lose... cuz they are LOSERS!

P-

DR

Moves
07 Oct 07

Don't forget that Brady would still be a nobody if his defense hadn't stopped other teams from scoring more than NE did. Also don't forget, that if you play in a weak division and are basically handed several free wins each year that helps quite a bit as well. Like I said it takes a lot for a Team to succeed, why do you insist on giving Tom Brady all th ...[text shortened]... s well, for New England to have ever won anything unlike the Cowboys who are just plain good.
translation = "I am going to shift my focus and attack the Patriot Team and hope nobody notices that all my arguements against Tom Brady have been shattered, like sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground."

Cash, you're a good guy, but you've got to break down this anti-Brady wall you've built. Who is your choice for #1 quarterback, and exactly what is Brady lacking, what would Brady need to have extra in order for him to replace your current choice for #1? I want you to objectively compare and contrast the two and share it so I can see what is so wrong with Brady that you only consider him good enough to be the starting QB in New England. I am hoping that during this process you reach an epiphany and realize...
"ZOMG! Tom Brady is the greatest quarterback playing today!"

DR

Moves
07 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
I can guarantee you 1000% that the Bengals will NOT lose this week.
🙂

DR

Moves
07 Oct 07

P-
He hates all the Patriots because they are just so lucky to be good, i guess. They're magically delicious.

It has never rained on Tom Brady's birthday.

DMM

USA

Moves
07 Oct 07

It has never rained on Tom Brady's birthday.
literally?😕😛

R
The Rams

Moves
07 Oct 07
1 edit

What an insult to the Rams who are SURE to lose... cuz they are LOSERS!

P-
So you call a QB who has played with broken ribs and been sacked 1000 times a loser? You think a team that has been plagued by injuries means it is a loser? Finally, you honestly think that the Rams are the losers - when they have played PURE football rather than trying to circumvent the rules? Ha ha, shame on you.

Rams 70
Cardinals 3

!!!