the toughest sport to master..?

the toughest sport to master..?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e

Moves
21 Mar 07

in your opinion, what is the toughest sport to master..?

in other words, if i trained in this sport, what one would take the longest to get to professional level..?

a few spring to mind, gymnastics, boxing and highboard diving; i would probably have to say golf as well

z

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop

in other words, if i trained in this sport, what one would take the longest to get to professional level..?

a few spring to mind, gymnastics, boxing and highboard diving; i would probably have to say golf as well
Tennis is very difficult. I don't think I could ever become a pro, I don't have the genes.

d

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop

Why did you choose those sports?

*Sigh* The lost art of conversation.

z

Moves
21 Mar 07

Originally posted by darvlay

What is this conversation you speak of? I sit behind a computer specifically to avoid such tedious delirium.

e

Moves
21 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay

dont know, just looks difficult to me, could be wrong though, dont know why golf springs to mind, just looks difficult to make the transition to professional

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
21 Mar 07

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
21 Mar 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Tosser.

R
The Rams

Moves
21 Mar 07

GOLF. You don't know how long I've been working on my swing!! You can never be perfect - golf is really really tough to master. It's also really underrated in difficulty as many people think i is simply hitting a ball.

K
Critical Failure

Moves
22 Mar 07

Originally posted by Ramned
GOLF. You don't know how long I've been working on my swing!! You can never be perfect - golf is really really tough to master. It's also really underrated in difficulty as many people think i is simply hitting a ball.
Agreed. After struggling with it for the better part of three years now, I've come to the conclusion that golf is a made-for-TV illusion. It can't be done. Period.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
22 Mar 07

Apart from snow sports I've tried most and golf sure is a b'std of a game. I've never smashed a club in anger but I'm glad I only play for fun and couldn't care less about breaking the ton any more.. I must have hit 500 games at 102 but only ever broke the ton once.

I'm trying Fly fishing now.. and if I lose any more flies up a tree I'm gonna get some dynamite.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
22 Mar 07

Rock, paper, scissors. I always lose that stupid game 😠

E
YNWA

Moves
22 Mar 07

Snooker IMO. Potting a ball is straightforward, positional play takes years to master.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
22 Mar 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
Snooker IMO. Potting a ball is straightforward, positional play takes years to master.
lol there you go... thats the joy of the such things; I'm completely the opposite.. Grew up in snooker halls have played and learned positional defensive play but can't pot for toffees... make a good doubles partner against a high score opponent though.
Tough game .. millions play it few play really well.

The Rude©

who knows?

Moves
22 Mar 07

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I see how you became a pro uh?

E

Swansea

Moves
22 Mar 07

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
I wouldn't say that snooker is that hard to master, I'm a pretty good player and I don't play that much really. Just every few months or so 🙂