1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 20:031 edit
    @wolfe63 said
    Ole Rusty, always so caught-up in RHP seniority and status: There's plenty to be said for hanging onto that twig, but I'll hold my fire for now. 😀 😉

So anyway, I hear that Spring Training fans have been booing the 'Stros wherever they play. Serves the Astros right.

But, at some point, it'll be nice to just get back to playing the game. Authentically. 🙂
    Ole wolfy,

I don't know where you've been but cheating in baseball stealing signals has been going on for many decades, even betting on baseball and don't think it stopped after Pete Rose got caught by any stretch of the imagination.

Players have been doing it for years just technology is better now and they will still find a way to do it by technology without getting caught. Do you really think this will stop anything because they got some booing?....There are millions of dollars riding on games.

Nice to see this back on Topic though! The games are fun to watch, especially if you like going out to the ballpark and watch and have those huge hotdogs!

-VR
  2. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 21:00
    @very-rusty said
    Ole wolfy,

I don't know where you've been but cheating in baseball stealing signals has been going on for many decades, even betting on baseball and don't think it stopped after Pete Rose got caught by any stretch of the imagination.

Players have been doing it for years just technology is better now and they will still find a way to do it by technology ...[text shortened]... atch, especially if you like going out to the ballpark and watch and have those huge hotdogs!

-VR
    I hear Montreal might also be in the market for our Tampa Bay Rays. Lord, I hope not. Orlando is pushing hard to get them here.
    Our transitive-tourist fan base can definitely support an MLB team. Not to mention the diehard locals like me.

Having said that, I'd love to see Canada get another team. It's good for the sport and its future growth.

Mexico City is another option as well. The Latino-mestizo fans down there deserve to be rewarded for providing the MLB with so many great players. Besides, they need to have something to do between World Cup quadrennials.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 22:262 edits
    @WOLFE63

We had a power outage for a few hours ice storm still thousands without power. That is why you didn't hear back from me. We could lose it again before the night is out or sooner as ir is raining and freezing putting weight on the wire lines. Why they haven't run them underground by now in this day and age is beyond me.

I think the problem here when it comes to more professional teams being Baseball, football (not soccer) or Hockey is the American dollar is what the Athlete gets paid and Canada just can't afford it, unless we get enough big money backers to get involved.

Gretzky, John Candy and someone else bought the Toronto Argo's back in 1991 I believe it was if memory serves me right.

I found a piece about it on the net: It all started in February 1991, when McNall, Gretzky and Candy bought the Toronto Argonauts for $5 million. Gretzky and Candy each took a 10 per cent stake. It was a dream come true for Candy, who played left tackle on the offensive line in high school until he was sidelined by a serious knee injury.Nov 24, 2011

-VR
  4. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:25
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    @Duchess64

For the love of God. Do you infect every forum you post in?!
    Exactly. Duchess64 thinks we all came into this thread to listen to her ridicule posters for miniscule grammatical errors.

She's an "it's all about ME" hack and could care less that the thread has been unrecognizably smashed into pieces and posters p!ssed.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:30
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Exactly. Duchess64 thinks we all came into this thread to listen to her ridicule posters for miniscule grammatical errors.

She's an "it's all about ME" hack and could care less that the thread has been unrecognizably smashed into pieces and posters p!ssed.
    Nice to hear a calming voice of reasoning!

Seriously you are not helping matters, just move on and talk about sports, it is just that simple.

-VR
  6. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:33
    @very-rusty said
    One would think so, but obviously and unfortunately not so!

-VR
    Well, guess who veered of topic and dug heels into a poster first?

catch a clue, Rusty. This is what she has done for years. Somehow she gets morbid satisfaction out of it and deflects the slamming everyone lays on her like water rolling off a duck's back.

You see what she did to this thread? Look at it for god's sake. "grammatical mistakes". Jeeezus
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:38
    @wolfe63 said
    I hear Montreal might also be in the market for our Tampa Bay Rays. Lord, I hope not. Orlando is pushing hard to get them here.
    Our transitive-tourist fan base can definitely support an MLB team. Not to mention the diehard locals like me.

Having said that, I'd love to see Canada get another team. It's good for the sport and its future growth.

Mexico City is another op ...[text shortened]... th so many great players. Besides, they need to have something to do between World Cup quadrennials.
    I know it can never happen but they would go freekin' crazy in Cuba if Havana ever got a franchise. That'd be awesome, eh?

Not a people more deserving.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:401 edit
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Well, guess who veered of topic and dug heels into a poster first?

catch a clue, Rusty. This is what she has done for years. Somehow she gets morbid satisfaction out of it and deflects the slamming everyone lays on her like water rolling off a duck's back.

You see what she did to this thread? Look at it for god's sake. "grammatical mistakes". Jeeezus
    And look at all the attention you all are giving her. How is that helping the situation.

Hell people are correcting me on my grammatical mistakes all the time, and no one make a big deal over it. What is the difference with her doing it and everyone else?

I'd say that is rather bias, personally. So what you're saying it is ok for every to correct me on my "Grammatical mistakes" but she shouldn't be able to do it to anyone in the little group?

If you drop it all together it just goes away. You don't even have to answer. You just move along with the topic being discussed. It is really easy to do unless you'd rather banter an ever ending battle in a war of words. Just give it a little thought.

-VR
  9. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:41
    @very-rusty said
    @WOLFE63

We had a power outage for a few hours ice storm still thousands without power. That is why you didn't hear back from me. We could lose it again before the night is out or sooner as ir is raining and freezing putting weight on the wire lines. Why they haven't run them underground by now in this day and age is beyond me.

I think the problem here when it comes ...[text shortened]... he offensive line in high school until he was sidelined by a serious knee injury.Nov 24, 2011

-VR
    I'll tell you what really hurts having a team in Montreal is the brutal Quebec Province taxes. Players from America and others don't want to play for the Canadiens even.
  10. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:42
    @very-rusty said
    Nice to hear a calming voice of reasoning!

Seriously you are not helping matters, just move on and talk about sports, it is just that simple.

-VR
    I'm not trying to help matters. I'm trying to get even.
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:43
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I'll tell you what really hurts having a team in Montreal is the brutal Quebec Province taxes. Players from America and others don't want to play for the Canadiens even.
    Nothing to do with the taxes, although that is what people say. It has to do with the American dollar that is worth 25 to 27 cents more than the Canadian dollar depending on the day. That can run into millions of dollars for the player!

-VR
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    27 Feb '20 23:45
    @earl-of-trumps said
    I'm not trying to help matters. I'm trying to get even.
    Trust me when I tell you that will never happen!~

-VR
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 00:071 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 00:101 edit

15. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Feb '20 00:122 edits

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree