Rugby world cup

Rugby world cup

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Oct 15

Originally posted by st dominics preview
If you think SA can win, our bookies would give you 5-1.
They can. But it will be close, I think.

My heart says we can beat them. My head says probably not.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Oct 15

'Every single referee would have made that call', presumably the penalty in the last minute. Which even you agree was the wrong decision! That is an odd statement. I would agree that it was an understandable mistake, no more.
I think you are misunderstanding me here.

The call was wrong, I agree. But only when you view it in slow motion.
It's not a 'disgracefully bad call' and all these other terms that the British press have been throwing around, because in real time all referees would have made the same call.
That is why I can't understand the hate thrown around at the guy.
I will say it again: He made a fair call. The IRB rules do not allow him to refer it.

Let me sketch you a scenario: If that happened on the first lineout of the game on the halfway line - would there have been a single word written about this? Emotion is clouding so many people, because now the 'underdogs were robbed by the ref'.

It's ridiculous.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Oct 15

MY point is that you are bragging of the supremacy of the Southern hemisphere nations , when 2 of them reached the semi by the tightest of margins. Both games could have gone either way.
I don't think we really know each other?

I was definitely not bragging, just trolling.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt here in presuming you have at least some sense of humour and can take a bit of smack talk?

sdp
troll taunter

wherever I am needed

Moves
20 Oct 15

Originally posted by Crowley
I don't think we really know each other?

I was definitely not bragging, just trolling.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt here in presuming you have at least some sense of humour and can take a bit of smack talk?
'smack talk' when discussing sport!! surely not!

I think my problem is you insisting that last minute penalty was a 'fair' call. It wasn't fair. It was wrong.

As I have said, understandably wrong.

Your scenario of if it had happened any other time, we wouldn't be talking about it now, is spot on.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
21 Oct 15

It wasn't fair. It was wrong. As I have said, understandably wrong.
Semantics.

I call it "fair", you call it "understandably wrong". Same thing, no?

The choice of the word "fair" was merely meant to be from the referees perspective, in the moment.

sdp
troll taunter

wherever I am needed

Moves
21 Oct 15

Semantics.

I call it "fair", you call it "understandably wrong". Same thing, no?

The choice of the word "fair" was merely meant to be from the referees perspective, in the moment.
to be pedant, I would say 'understandable mistake' summarises the decision better than 'fair'

but I take your point!

rc

Moves
21 Oct 15
1 edit

I don't want either the Boks or the Kiwis to win, they are both dirty teams, McCaw is always playing dirty. Aussies I dunno if they have what it takes, maybe. Dont know enough about the Argies, but to turn Ireland over like that is immense. Lets hope for some awesome rugby.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
22 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
McCaw is always playing dirty.
Ha! Finally something we can ALL agree on. The guy gets away with murder.

sdp
troll taunter

wherever I am needed

Moves
22 Oct 15

Ha! Finally something we can ALL agree on. The guy gets away with murder.
thought that was the fine line a good ( and he is more than just 'good'!) #7 has to tread, at least in the rucks!

having said that, his cynical trip, whilst lying on the floor, of Lobbe in the game vs Arg is something that he should be ashamed of. More at home on a soccer field

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
23 Oct 15

thought that was the fine line a good ( and he is more than just 'good'!) #7 has to tread, at least in the rucks!

having said that, his cynical trip, whilst lying on the floor, of Lobbe in the game vs Arg is something that he should be ashamed of. More at home on a soccer field
There's no denying he's a good player. He does get away with slowing the ball down at the ruck more than anyone I have ever seen play.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
24 Oct 15

I don't want either the Boks or the Kiwis to win, they are both dirty teams, McCaw is always playing dirty. Aussies I dunno if they have what it takes, maybe. Dont know enough about the Argies, but to turn Ireland over like that is immense. Lets hope for some awesome rugby.
And so the Boks are out of the RWC 2015. Lost 18-20 to the All Blacks.

sdp
troll taunter

wherever I am needed

Moves
24 Oct 15

Originally posted by pawnpaw
And so the Boks are out of the RWC 2015. Lost 18-20 to the All Blacks.
thought they put in a heroic performance. well played the Boks

rc

Moves
24 Oct 15

thought they put in a heroic performance. well played the Boks
They were awesome.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
26 Oct 15
1 edit

They were awesome.
I apologise profusely, for bringing this up: someone on tv comments said that the try by Beau Barrett was not supposed to be awarded, due to a forward pass to him.
Anyone in the know about this?
Your comments?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
26 Oct 15

My predictions were almost spot on. I had the wallabies by 12, they took it by 14. Pumas had passion, but passion only gets you that far...

I said the boks would tighten the game and hoped we could slip through. We succeeded in making them play our 'type' of tighter game, so that's a small victory.
We just were not accurate enough. Plus Sam Whitelock played an absolute blinder, stealing 3 of the springbok line outs. Amazing lock play. 2 of those lineouts in attacking positions. He singlehandedly dulled one of our strong points in the drive from the attacking lineouts.

Everybody always talks about the wingers when they put in a good dummy. The locks don't get the praise. I know as I played there all my life.