Rugby world cup

Rugby world cup

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sdp
troll taunter

wherever I am needed

Moves
09 Oct 15

Originally posted by Trev33
I'll be in Paris on Sunday watching the game so you might not see me again if Ireland win 😲
keep very quiet!

I was in a bar on a Greek Island 4 years ago when NZ trashed France in a group game.

Surrounded by lots of French supporters.

Wow! those guys were passionate about rugby...and totally legless by 1 in the afternoon (game KO, from memory, around 11am Greek time)

p

Moves
10 Oct 15

Originally posted by pawnpaw
http://laws.worldrugby.org/index.php?&language=EN

Rulebook for rugby union... 212 pages!
A lot of detail, see if you can find any sense in that!
Good luck! 😀
The more I watch the more I learn ( sure I've heard that in a song somewhere )

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
11 Oct 15

Originally posted by phil3000
It was always a forgone conclusion for me ,just didn't have any faith in the England team beating the Aussies. Saying that i am a big football fan and dont usually watch rugby but i am getting converted to the game it's just that i dont fully understand the rules yet !.
Compare your soccer rules to rugby: big difference!
Only 17 laws!

http://www.syossetsoccer.org/home/683808.html

p

Moves
11 Oct 15

Originally posted by pawnpaw
Compare your soccer rules to rugby: big difference!
Only 17 laws!

http://www.syossetsoccer.org/home/683808.html
You mean compare your football rules to rugby .😠

rc

Moves
12 Oct 15

We are so gonna get mauled by the Aussies.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
14 Oct 15

I was just commenting on the age old complaint that rugby rules are so complicated and sometimes vague, you can not be a totally fair referee in a game , or it's almost impossible.
It's much easier in soccer, just a few rules to remember.
That's why they appointed the tv ref in rugby, to check for mistakes before they give a try.

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
14 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
That game has come and gone, now it's the Boks' turn to maul them! 😀

p

Moves
18 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You didn't get mauled but Ireland did .
Didn't expect that .

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
18 Oct 15

All Southern Hemisphere semi finals.
As it should be, really, although I would have enjoyed tears from those Aussies...

From now on we will just rename the Rugby Championship to the World Cup and be done with it. We can rename the 6 Nations the World Cup 1st Division .

sdp
troll taunter

wherever I am needed

Moves
18 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Crowley
All Southern Hemisphere semi finals.
As it should be, really, although I would have enjoyed tears from those Aussies...

From now on we will just rename the Rugby Championship to the World Cup and be done with it. We can rename the 6 Nations the World Cup 1st Division .
Yeah...really impressive how SA totally humiliated the Wales side missing (at least) 5 of their regular 1st XV

The Southern hemisphere team that continues to lead the way is NZ. What a performance from them yesterday! The Boks will get hammered

p
Please Pay Attention

Lethabong

Moves
19 Oct 15

Originally posted by st dominics preview
Yeah...really impressive how SA totally humiliated the Wales side missing (at least) 5 of their regular 1st XV

The Southern hemisphere team that continues to lead the way is NZ. What a performance from them yesterday! The Boks will get hammered
Unfortunately I'll have to concur. There's still a fighting chance tho, but those glaring mistakes and often "no plan B" in certain situations will be the downfall of the 'Boks.
The All Blacks' winger no 11 is a real Jonah Lomu !

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Oct 15

Originally posted by st dominics preview

The All Blacks are always "the team to beat". What's your point?
They are looking super sleek, but they will not play against a side on Saturday that will basically just hand them their lineout ball, will contest the ruck and can tackle.

I'm happy with just winning. Our current useless coach is basically putting us at a handicap of 10 points a game.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
20 Oct 15
2 edits

Also, all this crap Craig Joubert is getting is serious sour grapes. He is not allowed to refer that call to the TMO. Every single referee would have made that call.

The Scots let through 5 tries in a World Cup knock out match and then blame the ref for losing the game? Very mature and very sportsman like. Are the Scots bitter about how close it was? Because then they may as well blame Bernard Foley for having an absolute shocker and keeping their hopes alive.

We don't see the Scots having to apologise to Japan for stealing their playoff place after a knock on against Samoa in the winning try by the same Greig Laidlaw who had a lot to chirp about when the shoe was on the other foot this weekend.

If he wants to moan about refereeing decisions he should have told the ref in the Samoa game "Sorry, but that try should not be allowed. If you refer to the TMO, you will see I knock on from the back of the scrum there."

South Africa have been at the mercy of the worst refereeing in World Cups for 2 decades. This decision doesn't even reach the top 10 of bloopers.

sdp
troll taunter

wherever I am needed

Moves
20 Oct 15
1 edit

Also, all this crap Craig Joubert is getting is serious sour grapes. He is not allowed to refer that call to the TMO. Every single referee would have made that call.

The Scots let through 5 tries in a World Cup knock out match and then blame the ref for losing the game? Very mature and very sportsman like. Are the Scots bitter about how close it was? Beca ...[text shortened]... refereeing in World Cups for 2 decades. This decision doesn't even reach the top 10 of bloopers.
'Every single referee would have made that call', presumably the penalty in the last minute. Which even you agree was the wrong decision! That is an odd statement. I would agree that it was an understandable mistake, no more.

Scotland were quite at liberty to let as many tries in as they liked, provided they scored more points than the opposition. Which they might well have done if your referee had not got that last decision, by your own admission, wrong.

Why do they blame the oppo #10 for having a poor game as a reason for losing the game? Lost me there.

As for poor old SA and refereeing decisions, I would refer you to Mark Cueto's disallowed try in the 2007 Final, which robbed England of the most unlikely of wins. Swings and roundabouts.

My sons play lower League rugby, and have played since being 7 or 8. After every game the referee shakes hands with the captains and any team players who wish to show their respect.

Is it usual in SA for the ref to run for the changing rooms like a scalded cat at the end of the game? Your man had seen the replay on TV , knew he had made a mistake, and wouldn't 'front up'. V poor

sdp
troll taunter

wherever I am needed

Moves
20 Oct 15
3 edits

The All Blacks are always "the team to beat". What's your point?
They are looking super sleek, but they will not play against a side on Saturday that will basically just hand them their lineout ball, will contest the ruck and can tackle.

I'm happy with just winning. Our current useless coach is basically putting us at a handicap of 10 points a game.
Patriotically, I would say England were the 'team to beat' in 2003, but agree with your general point!

MY point is that you are bragging of the supremacy of the Southern hemisphere nations , when 2 of them reached the semi by the tightest of margins. Both games could have gone either way.

I accept your unstated criticism of the French, who were abysmal. However, NZ have certainly played a 'team who can tackle' in Argentina already.

We shall see at the weekend, If you think SA can win, our bookies would give you 5-1.

I guess Blacks by 15