Roll Tide!

Roll Tide!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Oct 12

Originally posted by SmookieP
You should know, intense rivalries going back generations between 2 inter-twined schools means MOST bets are off.

One of the oldest rivalries in the SEC is the Auburn/Georgia game. It hasn't meant much lately, but for some reason both teams always step it up.

Auburn has always played 'Bama tough, even when one team is clearly better.

SC was inde ...[text shortened]... g it will be anti-climactic as I think LSU will win this week against them. They're pissed!
I always thought Alabama - Auburn was a bigger rivalry for Auburn.
The refer to it as the Iron Bowl, and it is for in state bragging rights.

I know Texas always wanted to beat a&m slightly more than they wanted to beat OU,
and those were our two chief rivals.

w

Moves
11 Oct 12

Originally posted by dryhump
South Carolina looks better than Oregon, I gotta say.
I think all the SEC teams have to take a turn at being #1.......and then repeat the process over again.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
11 Oct 12

Originally posted by whodey
I think all the SEC teams have to take a turn at being #1.......and then repeat the process over again.
I'm not up on current events, but that's..

pretty much what's been happening!!!

😀

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
11 Oct 12

Originally posted by whodey
Tell the OSU Buttpies to get off their butts and do something about that.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
12 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I always thought Alabama - Auburn was a bigger rivalry for Auburn.
The refer to it as the Iron Bowl, and it is for in state bragging rights.

I know Texas always wanted to beat a&m slightly more than they wanted to beat OU,
and those were our two chief rivals.
Auburn Alabama is very close to the Georgia border, with much mixing of families and rivalries throughout football history with UGa. They do have some crazy rituals for this game. Way back when promixity of the schools and alliances meant more than the actual state.

Iron bowl has meant a lot for the last 40 years or so, especially in the Bear Bryant era.

UGA/UF also and of course FSU/UF.

Seems A&M has finally cut the umbilical cord with the Texas fan base. Let's see how that works for them 😉

C

Moves
14 Oct 12

Auburn Alabama is very close to the Georgia border, with much mixing of families and rivalries throughout football history with UGa. They do have some crazy rituals for this game. Way back when promixity of the schools and alliances meant more than the actual state.

Iron bowl has meant a lot for the last 40 years or so, especially in the Bear Bryant era ...[text shortened]... as finally cut the umbilical cord with the Texas fan base. Let's see how that works for them 😉
The Bama v. Auburn game should be a real riot this year, good for a lot of laughs. Maybe the refs will either stop the game after the thrid quarter or Bama gets a chance to play their third and fourth string for much of the game. I look for that game to be as follows: Bama 62 Auburn 9 (and these are conservative guesses, could be a real blowout akin to Bama v. VPI under the Bear: 81-0)

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Oct 12

Originally posted by CLL53
The Bama v. Auburn game should be a real riot this year, good for a lot of laughs. Maybe the refs will either stop the game after the thrid quarter or Bama gets a chance to play their third and fourth string for much of the game. I look for that game to be as follows: Bama 62 Auburn 9 (and these are conservative guesses, could be a real blowout akin to Bama v. VPI under the Bear: 81-0)
I'll take Auburn and 53 points for as much as you care to wager please!!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
15 Oct 12

'Bama has depth, but Satan brings in the bench in the 3rd quarter and the offense shuts down. Much reliability on their D. I don't see them scoring more than 45 against the lowly War Eagles.

C

Moves
15 Oct 12

'Bama has depth, but Satan brings in the bench in the 3rd quarter and the offense shuts down. Much reliability on their D. I don't see them scoring more than 45 against the lowly War Eagles.
Remember what Bama did to Arkansas; 52-0.
Frankly I just don't understand how anyone could consider Auburn even has a chance. Arkansas was a ranked team beaten without a single score to show for it. Have a look at Auburn's season this year, not much positive going on there, and to think they have a chance against the #1 ranked team in the country??? Granted that it is a rivalry game, in addition to an SEC West game, but the two teams are as badly mismatched this year as they have ever been. Alabama is NOT playing the best they have played over the years, but Auburn is certainly playing at their worst.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
15 Oct 12

Frankly I just don't understand how anyone could consider Auburn even has a chance. Arkansas was a ranked team beaten without a single score to show for it. Have a look at Auburn's season this year, not much positive going on there, and to think they have a chance against the #1 ranked team in the country??? Grante ...[text shortened]... ying the best they have played over the years, but Auburn is certainly playing at their worst.
Does this mean you are giving me Auburn +53 points in the game against Alabama??

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
16 Oct 12

Frankly I just don't understand how anyone could consider Auburn even has a chance. Arkansas was a ranked team beaten without a single score to show for it. Have a look at Auburn's season this year, not much positive going on there, and to think they have a chance against the #1 ranked team in the country??? Grante ...[text shortened]... ying the best they have played over the years, but Auburn is certainly playing at their worst.
who said they had a "chance?" LOL I just think the 62-9 prediction of yours is a tad optimistic. Was only commenting on that...

They certainly aren't the worst team in the SEC. I might give that prize to Kentucky, or maybe Mizzou.

C

Moves
16 Oct 12

who said they had a "chance?" LOL I just think the 62-9 prediction of yours is a tad optimistic. Was only commenting on that...

They certainly aren't the worst team in the SEC. I might give that prize to Kentucky, or maybe Mizzou.
You could be right, of course, but I doubt it, unless you consider that Auburn is a better team than Arkansas, in which case you would disagree with every poll in the country. If you think about it, taking the 52-0 scores against Arkansas and merely adding an approxiamte ten point to each side, you arrive at roughly the prediction I made, 62-9. The reality of the game, given how good/bad each team is this year, that it is the Iron Bowl rivalry, and all other related factors, the scores could range from or fall anywhere in these (first # Bama) 28-0, 32-3, 42-6, 55-7, 62-9, 62-15, 68-18. There is no way on God's earth that Auburn can win this year, unless Bama just doesn't show up to play.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
16 Oct 12

You could be right, of course, but I doubt it, unless you consider that Auburn is a better team than Arkansas, in which case you would disagree with every poll in the country. If you think about it, taking the 52-0 scores against Arkansas and merely adding an approxiamte ten point to each side, you arrive at roughly the prediction I made, 62-9. The reality o ...[text shortened]... no way on God's earth that Auburn can win this year, unless Bama just doesn't show up to play.
I am guessing that you are not going to give me the 53 points plus Auburn since you
have twice ignored the request.

Guess you are simply not as confident as you claim to be. So be it.

In a rivalry, the greatest surprises often come when you least expect them to.

C

Moves
16 Oct 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I am guessing that you are not going to give me the 53 points plus Auburn since you
have twice ignored the request.

Guess you are simply not as confident as you claim to be. So be it.

In a rivalry, the greatest surprises often come when you least expect them to.
I simply have no interest in your virtual money and considering the lack of interesting material from you simply choose to ignore your commentary until such time as something intelligent is brought to the table.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
17 Oct 12

I simply have no interest in your virtual money and considering the lack of interesting material from you simply choose to ignore your commentary until such time as something intelligent is brought to the table.
you are the one who said Alabama would route Auburn by 53.
I simply took you to task and exposed you as unintelligent on your remark.

Your material is flat out rubbish!!!