Reds Win the World Series thread

Reds Win the World Series thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
15 May 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
Slash numbers lifetime: Votto .313/.408/.552

Hamilton: .313/.371/.560
Kemp .296/.354/.505

Kemp's not close. Votto is much better at getting on base than Hamilton and the difference in slugging is negligible. And Hamilton will be 31 next ...[text shortened]... tter in baseball will be playing 1st Base for the Cincinnati Reds for the next decade or so.
Come on, your homer attitude can't make it so.

Both Kemp and Hamilton came close to triple crowns LAST year.
Votto wasn't close.

Votto has managed to become the best hitter during the off season?

Stop smoking that funny weed. makes you appear silly.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 May 12
2 edits

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Come on, your homer attitude can't make it so.

Both Kemp and Hamilton came close to triple crowns LAST year.
Votto wasn't close.

Votto has managed to become the best hitter during the off season?

Stop smoking that funny weed. makes you appear silly.
What part of my post is hard to read? Votto's lifetime numbers are better than Kemp's and Hamilton's. Stats is usually how you measure who the "best hitter" is.
Major league pitchers seem to be more willing to pitch to Hamilton and Kemp than Votto; maybe they know something you don't.

BTW, Josh Hamilton didn't even hit .300 last year so he was quite a bit off a Triple Crown (he also missed 40 games and has a history of missing games). Matt Kemp had a great year last year though Joey's OBP was still better than his. But Kemp hadn't hit .300 before last year. We'll see if 2011 was representative of what Kemp will do in the future or a fluke.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
16 May 12

What part of my post is hard to read? Votto's lifetime numbers are better than Kemp's and Hamilton's. Stats is usually how you measure who the "best hitter" is.
Major league pitchers seem to be more willing to pitch to Hamilton and Kemp than Votto; maybe they know something you don't.

BTW, Josh Hamilton didn't even hit .300 last year so ...[text shortened]... r. We'll see if 2011 was representative of what Kemp will do in the future or a fluke.
Surely you are not so naive as to ignore HR and RBI in your conjecture on "best hitter"?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 May 12
1 edit

Surely you are not so naive as to ignore HR and RBI in your conjecture on "best hitter"?
Hamilton has slightly more power than Votto; he homers every 17.6 ABs compared to Joey's 18.9. Kemp is 21.3.

I tend to discount RBIs as they are mostly a function of how many opportunities you get. The fact of the matter is Votto is a far better hitter with runners in scoring position than either Hamilton or Kemp. Slash lines with RISP:

Votto: .351/.469/.613
Hamilton .317/.387/.567
Kemp .286/.366/.515

The stats don't lie; Votto is a better hitter during his career than either Hamilton or Kemp.

w

Moves
16 May 12

I often dream about the Reds keeping Hamilton with Joey hitting #3 and Hamilton hitting clean up.......then the @@## alarm clock goes off. 😠

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
16 May 12

Originally posted by whodey
I often dream about the Reds keeping Hamilton with Joey hitting #3 and Hamilton hitting clean up.......then the @@## alarm clock goes off. 😠
A better dream would be the resurgence of the Big Red Machine.

w

Moves
16 May 12

A better dream would be the resurgence of the Big Red Machine.
Not even the Yankees could afford to pay them all today.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
18 May 12

Hamilton has slightly more power than Votto; he homers every 17.6 ABs compared to Joey's 18.9. Kemp is 21.3.

I tend to discount RBIs as they are mostly a function of how many opportunities you get. The fact of the matter is Votto is a far better hitter with runners in scoring position than either Hamilton or Kemp. Slash lines with RISP:
...[text shortened]... The stats don't lie; Votto is a better hitter during his career than either Hamilton or Kemp.
Here are the current stats for the two best hitters in baseball, and for Joey Votto.

Player...................Avg..........HR..........RBI

Josh Hamilton------.399--------18---------45
Matt Kemp----------.359--------12---------28 (currently on the DL...has missed 7 games)
Joey Votto----------.317---------6---------25

Hy-Brasil

Moves
18 May 12

Here are the current stats for the two best hitters in baseball, and for Joey Votto.

Matt Kemp----------.359--------12---------28 (currently on the DL...has missed 7 games)
David Wright is batting .411 with 22 RBI's and 4 HR's

w

Moves
20 May 12

I think the Reds have a new closer in Chapman. So far he is 3-0 with only 7 walks and 38 strike outs with an ERA of 0.00. I know they were grooming him for a starting role, but I think this may be his nitch.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 May 12

LMAO! It's May, SC.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 May 12

LMAO! It's May, SC.
Well, exactly WHEN has Joey Votto been "The best hitter in baseball"??
It wasn't last year or the year before that, and now you say it isn't this year.

Or are you simply "predicting greatness to come"?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 May 12
1 edit

Well, [b]exactly WHEN has Joey Votto been "The best hitter in baseball"??
It wasn't last year or the year before that, and now you say it isn't this year.

Or are you simply "predicting greatness to come"?[/b]
I already gave his career numbers which are better than Hamilton's or Kemp's. Holding your breath till you turn blue doesn't change that.

EDIT: In case you forgot:

Kemp .296/.354/.505

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 May 12
1 edit

I already gave his career numbers which are better than Hamilton's or Kemp's. Holding your breath till you turn blue doesn't change that.

EDIT: In case you forgot:

Kemp .296/.354/.505
Show me home runs and RBI's man along with batting average.

Honestly, you will skew numbers to fit your case, but omitting numbers that
are very significant because they don't suit your argument, doesn't make your case.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 May 12

Show me home runs and RBI's man along with batting average.

Honestly, you will skew numbers to fit your case, but omitting numbers that
are very significant because they don't suit your argument, doesn't make your case.
I already gave you the HRs per AB numbers and the BA with RISP.