NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoffs

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
04 Jan 09

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Oh no that loss was absolutely phenomenal.
agreed. go eagles

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
04 Jan 09

Originally posted by no1marauder
I'll just pick the first round:

Atlanta at Arizona - Arizona is the worst team in the playoffs IMO. The Falcons are inexperienced but with their running attack against Arizona's porous defense they should control the game and win.

Indy at San Diego - The two hottest teams in the NFL should produce another classic. The Ch ...[text shortened]... y, I think Minnesota will win it at home (apparently in front of a less than sellout crowd).
I think young Tarvaris Jackson will see some blitzes and schemes that will put him in a rubber room for several days or weeks. The Eagles will take away Adrian Peterson and make Mr. Jackson read a defense only slightly less complex than your average doctoral dissertation. They are not quite ready for prime time, and the Eagles will expose their flaws.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
04 Jan 09

Originally posted by sasquatch672
I think young Tarvaris Jackson will see some blitzes and schemes that will put him in a rubber room for several days or weeks. The Eagles will take away Adrian Peterson and make Mr. Jackson read a defense only slightly less complex than your average doctoral dissertation. They are not quite ready for prime time, and the Eagles will expose their flaws.
agreed again. go eagles

g

Moves
07 Jan 09

Wow, both my Super Bowl picks lost on Saturday. Sad.

This Weeks Picks: Ravens, Eagles, Chargers, Panthers

Next Weeks Picks: Chargers, Panthers

Super Bowl Pick: Panthers

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Jan 09

Ravens at Titans

I've been saying all along that the Titans are overrated and that their offense isn't good enough to go all the way. The Ravens are smoking on defense right now. If you've ever seen Kerry Collins under pressure in the post season, you know that turnovers are on the way.

Ravens

Cardinals at Panthers

The Cardinals surprised me by stuffing Michael Turner last week. I don't think they'll be able to handle the Williams-Stewart combo on the road, however. The Panthers just have too many weapons and I think they'll win rather easily.

Panthers

Eagles at Giants

The Eagles are a flavor of the month pick based mostly on their beating the Giants at the Meadowlands last month. That game meant everything to Philly and virtually nothing to the G-Men plus Brandon Jacobs was ailing. In their first meeting, Jacobs put 126 yards on the Eagles and the Giants scored 36.

It will be a tough NFC East battle that will probably go down to the wire. The Giants have been making the big plays when they need them since last January. I think they will again.

Giants

Chargers at Steelers

The Chargers are definitely hot but their offense struggled a bit last week and now they run into the best defense in the league. Plus the balmy Pittsburgh January weather. If Big Ben avoids a bunch of turnovers, I think the Steelers gut it out.

Steelers

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
07 Jan 09

Originally posted by no1marauder
Ravens at Titans

I've been saying all along that the Titans are overrated and that their offense isn't good enough to go all the way. The Ravens are smoking on defense right now. If you've ever seen Kerry Collins under pressure in the post season, you know that turnovers are on the way.

Ravens

Cardinals at Panthers
...[text shortened]... ther. If Big Ben avoids a bunch of turnovers, I think the Steelers gut it out.

Steelers
My God, look at the way the Jets beat the Titans.. and they were in a downward spiral at the time.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
08 Jan 09

I take it Big Ben is playing through the concussion then? Either way, here's hoping my Charger do something this year. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be rather ironic if they win the Superbowl with a reg. season score of 8-8 as opposed to previous years when they were 14-2.

j

Moves
08 Jan 09

Originally posted by PocketKings
agreed. go eagles
agreed go eagles

j

Moves
08 Jan 09

Originally posted by PocketKings
agreed again. go eagles
agreed again aswell ..go eagles

M

Moves
08 Jan 09

Chargers FTW!

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
08 Jan 09

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
Chargers FTW!
I can see you and I will get along just fine.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
08 Jan 09

Originally posted by jacko11
agreed go eagles
I agree. After this weekend, they will be gone!!

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
11 Jan 09

Well, the ravens moved past the Titans and Arizona gang raped Carolina. The playoff picture is getting more and more exciting as we speak. I can only hope that the Chargers manage to redeem themselves against Pittsburgh tomorrow.

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
11 Jan 09

Originally posted by zakkwylder
Well, the ravens moved past the Titans and Arizona gang raped Carolina. The playoff picture is getting more and more exciting as we speak. I can only hope that the Chargers manage to redeem themselves against Pittsburgh tomorrow.
I hope the Eagles redeem themselves as well tomorrow!

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
11 Jan 09

Originally posted by SmookieP
I hope the Eagles redeem themselves as well tomorrow!
The Eagles winning tomorrow wouldn't exactly be redemption, they did beat NY a few weeks ago. The only way I'll be happy that Philly wins is if SD beats Pittsburgh.