1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Mar '13 18:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Interesting read here... http://www.espncricinfo.com/blogs/content/story/623990.html
    Well they have to stick with a core group of 7 or 8 players, say Clarke, Johnson, Cowan,Hughes, Starc... well that's only 5, but anyone who could spin the ball could walk into the aussie team,which makes it hard to pick another two,hmmm . I remember about ten years ago when Warny was still around where I was thinking , "any genuine fast bowler could walk into the team" .
    I don't know why some players are labelled, one-day/20/20 players, whereas others are test batsmen.
    I really think
    D.Hussey should be given his chance. He has been an incredible player in the last few years in the two short versions of the game, and the test team really need a big match player, a genuine stroke maker, and a head for what is required to reach a result.

And it seems R.Ponitng and M.Hussey retired a few matches too prematurely. Maybe they were rats deserting a ship before it started sinking? Perhaps they foresaw these problems that Australia are having now. But as much as I think they would be good enough to play , they shouldn't make comebacks.

And maybe Clarke wont play the last test, so Watson will probably captain.
    Tse,tse. Terrible.
    This team is looking crap and the answers that were found in australian cricket in the teams of the past will be a long time coming for this current Australian team if one of those players doesn't play with some confidence.
    Clarke has been left with many nightmares I suspect, and just as other commentators, he is just as miffed .

Ps, I realize I only talk about the aussies but rest assured your comments about other cricketing teams are always welcome.
  2. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Mar '13 04:44
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    "nounce" ? did you mean 'nouse'? lol
    There are no dictionary results for either, but mine rhymes better with 'ounce' put your song writers head back onπŸ™‚
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Mar '13 00:46
    Originally posted by kevcvs57
    There are no dictionary results for either, but mine rhymes better with 'ounce' put your song writers head back onπŸ™‚
    Aye, one step ahead of ya πŸ™‚
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 09:081 edit
    Well, we managed to scrape a draw, and a really important one if we harbour any thoughts of getting back to number one.

Wonderful all-round performance by Prior. I have always like his attitude, even when he loses a bit of form. At least two excellent catches that I saw.

All credit to New Zealand, who come out winners of the series on points. I think they might find it a different challenge back in England. We couldn't seem to make the ball do as much, and back home that should change.

Though I like Monty, I think we need Swann back. The lower order looks so much stronger with him there. It's almost 20 runs an innings more individually, plus his ability to stay longer with a top order batsman.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Mar '13 13:01
    That was one of the most knife edgely knuckle gnawing seat of the pants ball-by-ball days of Test cricket I've huddled to a radio for in years!
  6. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 20:23
    Can't believe the Black Caps couldn't land the knock-out blow there.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Mar '13 22:21
    Originally posted by Crowley
    Can't believe the Black Caps couldn't land the knock-out blow there.
    NZ would be ruing the missed chance to win that one. The bits I saw they were bowling well without luck.
  8. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    28 Mar '13 11:13
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    NZ would be ruing the missed chance to win that one. The bits I saw they were bowling well without luck.
    I just saw the highlights package. Saw about 4 or 5 chances put down?
    Catches win matches.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree