NBA Playoff Thread

NBA Playoff Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Moves
31 May 08

Great game! I thought the Pistons could pull off the win after that AMAZING third quarter, but the Celtics held out. Woot Woot! Lakers-Celtics matchup will be VERY VERY VERY SWEET! 🙂 Let's go L.A.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
31 May 08

Spurs deserve to be on the golf course with their lackluster playing in Games 1 and 5.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 May 08

As predicted, the Celts and Lakers are through to the Finals. An impressive 4th quarter comeback by Boston last night after falling behind by 10. So much for "not being able to win on the road".

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
31 May 08

Maybe I'm crazy, but this series may very well go to 7 games.

J

Moves
02 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by zakkwylder
Maybe I'm crazy, but this series may very well go to 7 games.
Perhaps though I'd like to see the Lakers take it in 4,5, or even 6. LOL I think if they can win one of the first 2 games in Boston, then they've got a GREAT shot at winning the series seeing as how the next 3 would be played in L.A. And the Lakers are a much better home team than many of the teams the Celts have faced in the playoffs that took the series to 7 games.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Jun 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Perhaps though I'd like to see the Lakers take it in 4,5, or even 6. LOL I think if they can win one of the first 2 games in Boston, then they've got a GREAT shot at winning the series seeing as how the next 3 would be played in L.A. And the Lakers are a much better home team than many of the teams the Celts have faced in the playoffs that took the series to 7 games.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=2007123013

M

Moves
03 Jun 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Would you agree with me if I said that the Lakers are giving players different minutes now than that roster of late December?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
03 Jun 08
1 edit

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
Would you agree with me if I said that the Lakers are giving players different minutes now than that roster of late December?
Sure. So are the Celtics (don't think you'll see Scott Pollard or Brian Scalabrine). I was only responding to the other Laker fan claiming what a great home team LA is.

whatifsports.com thinks this Laker team is one of the all-time greats. Not only are they usually sweeping this year's Celtics, but they're also beating the Bird championship teams in the simulations I'm running. We'll see.

M

Moves
04 Jun 08

Sure. So are the Celtics (don't think you'll see Scott Pollard or Brian Scalabrine). I was only responding to the other Laker fan claiming what a great home team LA is.

whatifsports.com thinks this Laker team is one of the all-time greats. Not only are they usually sweeping this year's Celtics, but they're also beating the Bird championship teams in the simulations I'm running. We'll see.
lol talk about hype, Greg Anthony and Skip are already saying that if Kobe wins his fourth ring, that he may surpass Jordan, and John Hollinger is saying that this could possibly be one of the greatest Lakers teams, even greater than the Shaq 3-peat Lakers. So I dunno, there is a lot of ridiculous things being said right now and the hype is out of control. I can't wait until Thursday so we will see how this series is really going to be played.

J

Moves
04 Jun 08
1 edit

And also this game was in LATE December. Quite a long time before they got Gasol. Gasol has proven he's made the Lakers better. Sure Kobe could have probably survived without him with the amazing bench they've got but Gasol just gives him that extra boost to make them one of the best teams. At the end of the season until now, the Lakers have played the BEST basketball BY FAR. And all I was saying is that the Lakers are ALOT better home team than some of the teams the Celtics have played in these playoffs. That you cannot deny, yet those sucky Eastern Conference teams managed to take the MIGHTY Celts to 7.

M

Moves
04 Jun 08
1 edit

What do you guys think the defensive match ups will be for the Finals? Here is what I am thinking:

Lakers Defense

Fish/Farmar - Rondo/House

Kobe/Sasha - Allen

Radman/Walton/Ariza - Pierce

Odom/Ronny - KG

Pau/Ronny - Perkins/PJ

Celtics Defense

Rondo/House - Fish/Farmar

Allen/Posey/Pierce - Kobe/Sasha

Pierce/Posey - Radman/Walton

KG - Odom

Perkins/PJ - Pau/Ronny

Do you guys think that Kobe and Pierce will defend each other at some point during the series?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Jun 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
What do you guys think the defensive match ups will be for the Finals? Here is what I am thinking:

Lakers Defense

Fish/Farmar - Rondo/House

Kobe/Sasha - Allen

Radman/Walton/Ariza - Pierce

Odom/Ronny - KG

Pau/Ronny ...[text shortened]...
Do you guys think that Kobe and Pierce will defend each other at some point during the series?
I think they'll wind up defending each other a lot, esp. in crunch time.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Jun 08

😀

The Lakers wilt down the stretch against the mighty Celtic defense. "MVP" (PFFT!) Kobe goes 9-26. Pierce breaks his leg but still comes back to nail 3s. Three Laker-Celtic games this season; 3 double digit wins for Boston. And the C's are still the underdog!

J

Moves
06 Jun 08

😀

The Lakers wilt down the stretch against the mighty Celtic defense. "MVP" (PFFT!) Kobe goes 9-26. Pierce breaks his leg but still comes back to nail 3s. Three Laker-Celtic games this season; 3 double digit wins for Boston. And the C's are still the underdog!
I thought all along that the Celtics would win game one, but I feel the Lakers will win game 2 and take 2 in L.A. and then win game 6 in Boston.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
06 Jun 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
I thought all along that the Celtics would win game one, but I feel the Lakers will win game 2 and take 2 in L.A. and then win game 6 in Boston.
Funny, you didn't mention THAT before Game 1.