MMA Fans, UFC Fans, Where are you guys?

MMA Fans, UFC Fans, Where are you guys?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
22 Apr 10

anyone who likes mma style fighting, the ufc, wec, and of course the wednesday night ultimate fighter competition please come in and join. there are many different sites we can talk about and i know there are times i cant find information and the more of us that are in here the more we can share so we dont miss anything. plus, its the fastest growing sport in the world today. fact, not speculation. its huge in the US, England, Ireland, and many other countries, and its expanding all the time. so what do ya say, we get in here and debate, and argue with each other. but only if you have a sense of humore. dont bother if your going to take offence to everything. its for fun, and sharing information, and of course we can make fun of each other but all in good fun. i also belong to the fantasy league in the UFC and although i havent won anything i am almost always in the top 100 out of 20,000 people who vote. i would say thats pretty good. can you do better? let me know🙂

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
22 Apr 10

We're here! We make threads once in a while but they get buried.

Thread 101415

e
Exaulted high possum

here...again

Moves
29 Apr 10

I'm more of a traditional martial arts fan but I do watch MMA every now and then.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
29 Apr 10

Originally posted by michael cifelli
anyone who likes mma style fighting, the ufc, wec, and of course the wednesday night ultimate fighter competition please come in and join. there are many different sites we can talk about and i know there are times i cant find information and the more of us that are in here the more we can share so we dont miss anything. plus, its the fastest growin ...[text shortened]... 0 out of 20,000 people who vote. i would say thats pretty good. can you do better? let me know🙂
latest fad.

already dying in popularity. Average and marginal fans will disappear shortly.

Can only watch two guys lay on top of each other for so long before it becomes boring and old hat.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
12 May 10

i started this where are you mma fans? i see a couple have responded. i will make it a point to be in here every day even if its just to post what i heard and my thoughts. mmajunkie is ok, the ufc site stinks, and there are many others. i never miss a fight. even the undercard. im also part of the fantasy picks. i dont win anything. but , i have been rated 64th out of 23,000 people one time. usually somewhere around 100. i need to really watch more of the undercard and read every article i could find in order to do better. but i figure thats not bad. anyway guys lets get in here and have some fun. my name is michael and its the fastest growing sport in the entire world. anderson silva should be made to fight in the 205 class and fight a good wrestler who wont get caught in a triangle choke. i think randy would have beaten him three years ago. the year before he retired. if he didnt retire, he would have beaten brock the first fight to. i knew soon as i saw randy he looked different. soon as i saw him. not the same guy who fought gonzaga. randy is at the point that chuck is. just a little punch to the chin and he wobbles now. my god, mark coleman hit randy and wobbled him a bit. not a lot but a bit. if randy could avoid getting hit on the chin or temple, he could beat him. i hope jackson beats the heck out evans. and i knew shogun would win. machida doesnt have it. his style cant win. he cant punch hard enough to make people respect him. shogun rushed him and hit him and it was over. i think its a shame they took the belt away from penn. but , once i heard he never left his home town to train, and just did conditioning i knew he would lose. i had him losing in my fantasy pick based on that. the blue print for winning is what GSP does. he invests his money back into his camp, brings in the best wrestlers in the world, best jits in the world, best karate, and mai tai boxing coaches, and of course plain boxing coaches. and anything i missed he brings them in. he also has a conditioning coach. so he puts everything together at the highest level possible. and does it seven days a week. he still finds time to go out, but hes not out drinking. penn doesnt bring anyone into camp except his brother and the conditioning coach. its not enough. i think he could own the lightweight belt, and the welterweight belt if he spend four months doing what GSP does. he picks it up faster cause he is a natural and was born a fighter. GSP does it on athletic ability. penn has both.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
12 May 10

how do you start a thread? and what does a thread do? im going to ask someone else to just in case you dont get in here soon

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
12 May 10

i dont know your name so i will call you sir out of respect......but are you nuts? ive been watching boxing for over 25 years and all they do is hold each other. and there are no good fights anymore. the one fight the people want to see is mayweather and paquia.....guess what? not going to happen.

mma gives you everything. you have to love fighting period. mma is the closest thing to a street fight whcih everyone loves. and they dont just lay on top of each other. have you read or learned anything about jits, or wrestling? this is real fighting. if a guy throws a punch and misses he could end up on his back and pounded to his head falls off. or what about how they get caught in arm bars, triangle chokes with arms, or legs? this is an art. you have to watch it a lot to get to see the beauty in it. and they always give you good fights. not like boxing. and im a huge boxing fan. always will be. but give it a chance.

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
23 May 10

hey guys.....may 29th rampage vs evans.....the fight we have been waiting for a long time. im hoping that rampage making his movie which has been a blockbuster i hear, wont hurt him for the fight. evans has a long career still ahead of him. and with all the smack he has talked i want to see rampage knock him out cold. also, matt hughes just signed a huge fight deal i will get the name. its almeida i believe. the guy is a jits abudabi champion so you know he is world class. i would like to see hughs get one more shot at the title again.

also we have liddell and franklin coming up as well. ill a lot more later

RIP Mghrn55

United States

Moves
23 May 10

they just added two more countries and took on a partner for ten percent. the jits capital of the world in the middle east. also still the fastest growing sport in the world, and beating all the paperview numbers including boxing and wwe. i dont think its a fad. its been going strong for over ten years ever since in exploded on the scene with dana white as president and co owner.

fads usually last a year maybe two. you need to check your facts and figures.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
24 May 10

OK.

Seth Petruzelli.

What do you think of him?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
30 May 10

I killed the thread. 😞

L

Moves
02 Jun 10

Originally posted by michael cifelli
anyone who likes mma style fighting, the ufc, wec, and of course the wednesday night ultimate fighter competition please come in and join. there are many different sites we can talk about and i know there are times i cant find information and the more of us that are in here the more we can share so we dont miss anything. plus, its the fastest growin ...[text shortened]... 0 out of 20,000 people who vote. i would say thats pretty good. can you do better? let me know🙂
I'm a big MMA fan. Some outfits, like the UFC, have enjoyed traction.

It continues to creep further into the social psyche and culture. Like with "Rex Kwon Do!"

"Do you think anybody wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I am wearin' these bad boys? Forget about it!"

E
Cognitive Junta

Moves
03 Jun 10

I'm happy Rashad beat Rampage.

L

Moves
03 Jun 10

Originally posted by Esoteric
I'm happy Rashad beat Rampage.
I'm not. But I cannot say I am too surprised with the result, given that much of Rampage's attention had been on other things.

CCC Club Leader

Denver, CO

Moves
27 Jun 10

I posted a new thread about Fedor, and then found this one.

Werdum taps out Fedor Emelianenko in 61 seconds of the 1st round.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/6/27/1540060/the-tap-heard-round-the-world

Just goes to show you that noone is invincible- NO-ONE!
I believe this will help MMA, but it may be a determent for Strikeforce.
Does anyone remember Kimbo Slice and the Elite XC ?