March Madness 2015

March Madness 2015

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
16 Mar 15

Go Badgers!

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
16 Mar 15
1 edit

Originally posted by ketchuplover
Go Badgers!
I want Kentucky to go 40-0!

i

Moves
16 Mar 15

Originally posted by RBHILL
I want Kentucky to go 40-0!
Again? Or was it like 39-0 last time?

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
19 Mar 15
1 edit

The first #3 seed is one and done! Madness! Another #3 bites the hardcourt! Run for your lives!

JO

Moves
21 Mar 15

The NCAA should change the foul rule so that if you are fouled, you shoot free throws and YOUR team keeps the ball. This would eliminate the boring end-game strategy of intentional fouls with endless free throws, and would stop the mugging of guys shooting layups.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
22 Mar 15

Originally posted by John Osmar
The NCAA should change the foul rule so that if you are fouled, you shoot free throws and YOUR team keeps the ball. This would eliminate the boring end-game strategy of intentional fouls with endless free throws, and would stop the mugging of guys shooting layups.
Seconded

t

Garner, NC

Moves
25 Mar 15

Originally posted by John Osmar
Fouls at the end of the game are what make it interesting. The other 38 minutes are more boring.

If you want a game with just a bunch of shots devoid of all strategy, watch the NBA.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
29 Mar 15

Badgers vs. Wildcats II Be there. Aloha.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Apr 15

Go Badgers!
No way!

They ousted my beloved U of A Wildcats.

Just like last year. 😠

I had them pegged for the Final Four. Alas.

At least they got to the Elite Eight.

Moves
01 Apr 15

The first #3 seed is one and done! Madness! Another #3 bites the hardcourt! Run for your lives!
It's the other definition of 'one and done' that irks me.

Urban dictionary: An athlete who spends one year in college before moving on to professional sports.

There's nothing to be done about it. Big money to be made, college-level career-denying injuries to be avoided, etc.

But the great teams of the past gave a university the chance for a dynasty.

The last "dynasty" I remember, which was only 2 years in duration, was my Florida Gators when the national championship was won by underclassmen led by Joakim Noah and Al Horford, who all opted to stay in school and win a second natl championship.

But another factor is the self-defeating nature of a good, young team. Who wants to recruit to a college where you will sit on the bench behind an already-seasoned crew and only get to play as the practice squad? Better to go to a college that is in rebuilding mode where you get to play and perhaps shine. So the cycle of winning and rebuilding is perpetuated.

[/rant]

Thank you very much.

That said, March Madness has me hooked. Too bad I don't have cable, so only see what's on CBS.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
02 Apr 15

I don't have pay tv either

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
06 Apr 15

Please help me root for Wisconsin tonight. Thank ye.

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
07 Apr 15

Kudos to Duke