How'd your team do in Week 1?

How'd your team do in Week 1?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
The Rams

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You're very good at making excuses for the Rams... keep up the good work.

Pats take the jets out easy, and Bill seems to pile a little extra on for a solid crush in a week one division game.

Pats had some missing parts, but they were not missed. Bill as usual does what he can with what he has and the beautiful Tom Brady makes it happen on the field ...[text shortened]... nd PUP boys come back, but I no longer have that feeling.

Pats are the team to beat.

P-
And of course you didn't hear about the camera man incident in the Pats / jets game, did you!?

You all miss quite a bit. Such as your team cheating behind the back.

R
The Rams

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by telerion
Better luck next week. I'll be rooting for you against the Niners.
And I'll be rooting for the Cardinals this week as well. That way when Seattle beats those birds, the standings will look like this

Seattle 2-0
St Louis 1-1
Arizona 1-1
San Fran 0-2.

That would be a nice way for Week 2 to end.
That's most likely, but go Cardinals vs Seattle; I hope they play @ Arizona as Seattle probably has the best homefield advantage of all the teams in the league.

- isolated = away teams have to travel ways.
- the crowd is LOUDEST of all NFL crowds.

You see, next week is actually critical. Divisionals all the way around. I'm rather glad St. Louis doesn't have to face SEA so early after being shown up by the Panthers. 😕

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by Ramned
And of course you didn't hear about the camera man incident in the Pats / jets game, did you!?

You all miss quite a bit. Such as your team cheating behind the back.
The NFL has the tape... and will review it. I will be very disappointed if it's true.

Tell me, cuz I can't follow what they are talking about it... how is the cheating done?

The local sports yahoo just said there is no WAY they were cheating... I'll wait for the NFL to decide.

P-

R
The Rams

Moves
10 Sep 07

The NFL has the tape... and will review it. I will be very disappointed if it's true.

Tell me, cuz I can't follow what they are talking about it... how is the cheating done?

The local sports yahoo just said there is no WAY they were cheating... I'll wait for the NFL to decide.

P-
I really don't know how it works. Something about the camera making signals coordinating with the Jet's defense formation?? Not sure.

While I doubt the Patriots are dishonorable like that, if it is true, they are going to tailspin and crash. Bill Belicheck will be out, as will lots of the coaching staff, and maybe even some key players - how depressed would these Pats fans be if Brady AND Belicheck were thrown out!!

p

Moves
10 Sep 07
1 edit

Originally posted by cashthetrash
Dallas won their game Tony Romo looked pretty good again.
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
but I am really concerned about the defense. It stunk, but then again so did the Giants defense, I don't know if it was the heat or what is was. We lost some key players in preseason, but then so did everyone else. The giants got beat up a bit lost Eli Mann ...[text shortened]... Randy Moss, wow! LT's touch down pass... he's Superman. Going to be a good year for football.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
10 Sep 07
1 edit

I really don't know how it works. Something about the camera making signals coordinating with the Jet's defense formation?? Not sure.

While I doubt the Patriots are dishonorable like that, if it is true, they are going to tailspin and crash. Bill Belicheck will be out, as will lots of the coaching staff, and maybe even some key players - how depressed would these Pats fans be if Brady AND Belicheck were thrown out!!
Are there rules in place for this kind of cheating, or is it just understood you don't do it? Radio guy says if it turns out true, Pats should exchange a first round draft pick for last... and every team moves up one.

P-

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
10 Sep 07

Dallas won their game Tony Romo looked pretty good again.
TDS
INT
YDS
RTG
but I am really concerned about the defense. It stunk, but then again so did the Giants defense, I don't know if it was the heat or what is was. We lost some key players in preseason, but then so did everyone else. The giants got beat up a bit lost Eli Mann ...[text shortened]... Randy Moss, wow! LT's touch down pass... he's Superman. Going to be a good year for football.
As a Giant fan, I was stunned that both secondaries played so poorly. Big Blue's cornerbacks couldn't cover OR tackle. Dallas had a bit of an excuse with Newman being out, but the G-men are in big trouble if they keep trying to safety blitz when their corners are incapable of preventing slants to unheralded rookies from becoming touchdowns. And Giant linebackers: it's not illegal in a zone defense to actually try to cover a tight end going through your area.

Eli played the best game of his career and Jacobs and Ward ran effectively. It'll be ironic if after all the concern over whether Eli was finally going to raise his game and whether Tiki could be replaced, if both occur but the Giants "defense" kills them (nice work by the new defensive coordinator - it looked like the last defense he coordinated was Custer's).

R
The Rams

Moves
10 Sep 07

Are there rules in place for this kind of cheating, or is it just understood you don't do it? Radio guy says if it turns out true, Pats should exchange a first round draft pick for last... and every team moves up one.

P-
I heard they drop a few picks. So I guess it's an unwritten rule or something - probably would be considered under hard misdemeanors instead of having a specific rule.

DR

Moves
10 Sep 07

The Patriots cheat? Not one ounce, not one smidgen, not from their red, white & blue hearts to their teflon helmets! Patriot-haters should stop these foul lies! It just wastes everyone's time, in fact, the worst case scenario would be:

Commissioner: Tom. Bill. We have some serious accusations. I need to come straight out and ask you. Did you cheat at football?

Bill: Absolutely not. I did not cheat. My coaching staff did not cheat. My players did not cheat.

Tom: I'm Tom Brady, quarterback for the greatest football franchise of all time because we believe in teamwork, honesty, and fair play above all else, and that's what separates us from everyone else. I ask you commissioner, would I cheat? *smile*gleam*twinkle*

(a moment of silent tension passes in the office as the commissioner's stern eyes are levelled at the pair, then suddenly the commissioner breaks out laughing.)

Commissioner: Ha ha ha! What was I thinking? Of course you didn't cheat. You're the Patriots! You're everything that's right with sports, a model for future generations! Now get out of my office, you knuckleheads, and good luck against the Chargers next week -- oops! You didn't hear me say that!

(laughs and back-slapping as the meeting ends)

(camera zooms in on corner of desk where we see a small listening device planted under the lip)

(camera shot changes to extreme close-up of ear-piece in someone's ear, camera pulls back to reveal a scowling Coach Mangini)

Mangini (snarling): I'll frame you yet, you do-gooders!

(end scene)

s

6yd box

Moves
10 Sep 07

Bengles playing in an hour!!

s

6yd box

Moves
10 Sep 07
1 edit

3 turn- overs..but only 6 points for the Bengles

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
11 Sep 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
As a Giant fan, I was stunned that both secondaries played so poorly. Big Blue's cornerbacks couldn't cover OR tackle. Dallas had a bit of an excuse with Newman being out, but the G-men are in big trouble if they keep trying to safety blitz when their corners are incapable of preventing slants to unheralded rookies from becoming touchdowns. And Giant lin ...[text shortened]... new defensive coordinator - it looked like the last defense he coordinated was Custer's).
You can say stunned again, for both New York Giants and the Cowboys. As far as the G's linebackers covering the tight end. That is actually a lot to ask a rookie to do without help against pro bowler "Jason Whiten". Give them time. I don't think the G's are going to go away. But I didn't like the looks in you coaches eyes. He looked pretty concerned.

We lost our one and only true Nose Tackle Jason Ferguson[for the year]. I just hope Jay Ratliff can stand up in on a tough spot. Although he looked pretty good, we are going to need help in the middle.

The Giants have really had some bad luck with injuries in the past couple of years, are they going to need some more running backs with Tiki Barber gone? Who was the running back NY lost in the game? Looks pretty slim in the quality running backs free agents for hire department.

What unheralded rookies are you referring to? Maybe you meant second year wide receiver Sam Hurd? He is doing pretty good, don't underestimate him or did I miss something?

R
The Rams

Moves
11 Sep 07

P-
Ok, so this is what happened.
A patriots employee on the sidelands had a hand camera and watched the Jets Defensive coordinated signal plays. Jets security reported suspicions, and the camera was confiscated. Now, to see if he was, indeed filiming the def. coordinater. If he was, the Patriots will take a hit.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
11 Sep 07

Ok, so this is what happened.
A patriots employee on the sidelands had a hand camera and watched the Jets Defensive coordinated signal plays. Jets security reported suspicions, and the camera was confiscated. Now, to see if he was, indeed filiming the def. coordinater. If he was, the Patriots will take a hit.
I don't think the problem is the filming that was being done. I think the real question is, was the plays being sent to anyone who could receive them and then issue calls to the players on the field.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
11 Sep 07

I don't think the problem is the filming that was being done. I think the real question is, was the plays being sent to anyone who could receive them and then issue calls to the players on the field.
The interview with the Jets guy who broke the story was VERY interesting.

Here is how it starts...

Jets Guy: "Yeah, so the Patriots had a guy on the sidelines with a camera giving signals to the Patriots on the field."

Radio: "How was he transferring the info to the players on the field?"

Jets Guy: "That's what they are speculating is happening, some other teams have also reported the Patriots were doing this."

Radio: "There are a couple teams saying this, and the Patriots were reported by one of the teams while the other didn't bother because they believed they would have been beat either way. The other team did report it and nothing came of it."

Jets Guy: "Yeah, but this time there was security on the field and they noticed the guy pointing his camera in a weird direction. When security approached the guy he said, "The Patriots put me up to it!"

Radio: "Wow, he caved in rather quick. What did they put him up to?"

Jets Guy: "Well, actually... it wasn't that fast, but eventually the guy said the Patriots put him up to it."

Radio: "Put him up to what?"

Jets Guy: "Something!"

etc. It was rather dumb if you ask me... and if the radio guys didn't keep asking these questions the guy would have painted a very amazing story. Everything he said was sensationalized and based on something he heard. We'll see what the NFL thinks.

P-