1. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 03:151 edit
    Originally posted by Ramned
    Rams started out explosive. All the way until Orlando Pace was injured - then, the line broke, as did the running game and Bulger was pressured alot.
    Seems Pace is a major player as his leaving the game caused problems everywhere.
    Hopefully, Pace will be back, and the Rams will redeem themselves in a DIVISIONAL.
    Dude, Pace is out for the season. ...[text shortened]... I really do hate to see it. Hopefully, your initial fears are misplaced, and Pace is not crucial.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 03:17
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    I don't think the problem is the filming that was being done. I think the real question is, was the plays being sent to anyone who could receive them and then issue calls to the players on the field.
    According to the ESPN report, it sounds like it will still be a severe penalty even if they can't explain how the signals were (allegedly) being transmitted). Just having recording equipment on the field is enough.
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '07
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 04:09
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The interview with the Jets guy who broke the story was VERY interesting.

Here is how it starts...

Jets Guy: "Yeah, so the Patriots had a guy on the sidelines with a camera giving signals to the Patriots on the field."

Radio: "How was he transferring the info to the players on the field?"

Jets Guy: "That's what they are speculating is happen ...[text shortened]... d and based on something he heard. We'll see what the NFL thinks.

P-
    "Something!" lolz@the ridiculosity.

If this turns out to be something, I will be devastated.
    If this turns out to be nothing, I will really start to hate the Jets.
    I mean really.
  4. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 04:59
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    The interview with the Jets guy who broke the story was VERY interesting.

Here is how it starts...

Jets Guy: "Yeah, so the Patriots had a guy on the sidelines with a camera giving signals to the Patriots on the field."

Radio: "How was he transferring the info to the players on the field?"

Jets Guy: "That's what they are speculating is happen ...[text shortened]... d and based on something he heard. We'll see what the NFL thinks.

P-
    I don't know, maybe they will make something out of it, but it seems kind of thin ice to me. It's a good story though.

I'm not saying it couldn't and doesn't happen, but with technologies as it is today, I would think there would be more sophisticated ways. It's still your man against my man, when it comes down to it.

But, If something does come of it, I think this might be the start of something big for the entire NFL. The new commissioner is stirring things up. If one team is doing it, there is a good chance many others are too. Maybe all teams are guilty. I know the Cowboys have worried about spying issues from other teams before. Makes you wonder, but New England is still a great team. I don't trust media when it comes to creating stories though.
  5. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 08:28
    Originally posted by telerion
    According to the ESPN report, it sounds like it will still be a severe penalty even if they can't explain how the signals were (allegedly) being transmitted). Just having recording equipment on the field is enough.
    We will find out. This will be a pretty big story for quite a while. Soon as the commissioner opens the box with his ax we will know the ruling. I suspect he wants to make a name for himself.
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 09:27
    oh, OH! this is very interesting, as a Miami fan..

Not much press here about it though. WOW!

😲
  7. Joined
    03 Mar '07
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 09:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    So you are a Seahawks fan? If so, I have a question for you. Do you think you were robbed in the Super Bowl playing against the Steelers? In all honesty, I did not care who would win, however, watching it gave me the impression that Seattle should have won that game. It seemed as though every time Seattle made a big gain or play the officials would throw ...[text shortened]... e first NFL game I have ever watched were I felt that perhaps the game was fixed. What say you?
    I am a Seahawks fan, I was then and am now. There were a few very bad, questionable calls that game. That said, even with all those calls going against us if the Seahawks had played better like they had the rest of the season we would have won anyway.

That said my Seahawks D looked good, our O finally started to click finally towards the end of the game. None of the NFC West looked great this week. That Niners/Cards game tonight was horrid. Neither team looked good, and given their track record the past 3 years I cant see them doing better.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 12:57
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    You can say stunned again, for both New York Giants and the Cowboys. As far as the G's linebackers covering the tight end. That is actually a lot to ask a rookie to do without help against pro bowler "Jason Whiten". Give them time. I don't think the G's are going to go away. But I didn't like the looks in you coaches eyes. He looked pretty concerned. ...[text shortened]... eiver Sam Hurd? He is doing pretty good, don't underestimate him or did I miss something?
    Yes, Sam Hurd is a second year player who I had never heard of. If you consider having 5 catches in an entire year "doing pretty good" then he did pretty good last year.

The Giants have more than one linebacker. Witten was allowed to run free to spots in the zone all day without anyone converging on him. After the first three times, you think someone might.

Jacobs was the running back lost and he played quite a bit last year, unlike Sam Hurd. Ward wound up with 89 yards and the Giants also have Reuben Droughns who's had a few 1000 yard seasons. I think they'll be OK offensively IF Eli isn't seriously hurt. But the pass coverage couldn't have been worse; guys were open before the rush had a chance to close on Romo.
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 14:29
    Dolphins

Another reliable dissapointing season. Lost in Overtime to the Skins. Jason Taylor should ask to be traded to a contender. Ricky Williams was at the practice field yesterday singing, "i wanna get high, so high" to himself.....

Bring back Marino!!!!
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 15:521 edit
    Bills lost a heartbreaker against the Broncos. :'( Gotta give it to Mike Shanahan though, who showed exceptional mastery running his offense in the final two minutes and to Jay Cutler for making two huge 4th down plays to give the Broncos good position for the field goal.

What I liked:

Marshawn Lynch looks like the real deal. A bruising runner and playmaker. I'm looking forward to watching this kid excel behind the big money O-line of Buffalo. FS Donte Whitner made several impressive tackles against the run and looks ready to step up to the elite level.

What I disliked:

It appears Losman and Evans are gonna take some time to get that groove back that they had at the end of last season. Also, losing our young starting strong safety will definitely hurt our already thin secondary.

This all being said, it looks like an uphill battle against the Pats for the division this year but I see the Bills as the second best team in the AFC East and hopefully a wild card spot won't be out of the question although that's wishful thinking....
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 17:30
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Bills lost a heartbreaker against the Broncos. :'( Gotta give it to Mike Shanahan though, who showed exceptional mastery running his offense in the final two minutes and to Jay Cutler for making two huge 4th down plays to give the Broncos good position for the field goal.

What I liked:

Marshawn Lynch looks like the real deal. A bruising runner and p ...[text shortened]... hopefully a wild card spot won't be out of the question although that's wishful thinking....
    Oh yeah, and some guy almost died. That sucked.
  12. Joined
    31 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 19:00
    Football Club United of Manchester 2 Harrogate Railway AFC 0😀
  13. Standard memberRamned
    The Rams
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 19:02
    Originally posted by telerion
    Dude, Pace is out for the season. I really do hate to see it. Hopefully, your initial fears are misplaced, and Pace is not crucial.
    :'(

I am sorry for Pace...not only for the fact that this will be a cripple to the offensive line, but just for the nastiness of his injury. Hopes for him returning healthy ASAP.

Hope the Rams can recover...this hurts alot. O-Line is a huge part of a football team. 🙁
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 19:12
    Originally posted by Ramned
    :'(

I am sorry for Pace...not only for the fact that this will be a cripple to the offensive line, but just for the nastiness of his injury. Hopes for him returning healthy ASAP.

Hope the Rams can recover...this hurts alot. O-Line is a huge part of a football team. 🙁
    It's not a big deal. Can you even remember the last time Orlando Pace played a full game?
  15. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    11 Sep '07 19:38
    NFL team? Very badly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree