Hamilton the hothead!

Hamilton the hothead!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
13 Oct 08

Any F1 fans out there? Do you agree that Lewis Hamilton seems to have a very young head on young shoulders and no composure? He seems so cool in interviews but at the Japanese GP he just looked an idiot. Has he never heard of tactics or playing percentages?

I can't believe that no-one has really laid it out on him and told him to calm down. All his mistakes seem to be as a result of impatience and hotheadedness. To me he's a dissappointment because he just sems to race like a 9 year old on a playstation console. Going through red lights , cutting chicanes , braking way too late. It's just not good enough.

He looks like the Tiger Woods of F1 but Tiger had more wisdom and composure in his left finger at Lewis's age. Flat spotting his tyres like an amateur when all he had to do was stay in the race and score some points. Come on!

It all seems very silly given what happened to him last year. Sporting greats are supposed to learn by experience , Lewis is not on the way to becoming a sporting great.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
Any F1 fans out there? Do you agree that Lewis Hamilton seems to have a very young head on young shoulders and no composure? He seems so cool in interviews but at the Japanese GP he just looked an idiot. Has he never heard of tactics or playing percentages?

I can't believe that no-one has really laid it out on him and told him to calm down. All his ...[text shortened]... are supposed to learn by experience , Lewis is not on the way to becoming a sporting great.
Agree that Lewis is composed in press conferences but on the track sometimes he is a hot head rather than composed. I detested schumacher but he made the correct decisions even if it meant taking out his opponent etc. He won titles with composure, planning, working out odds and skilll whereas Lewis has skill alone at the moment.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by Mctayto
Agree that Lewis is composed in press conferences but on the track sometimes he is a hot head rather than composed. I detested schumacher but he made the correct decisions even if it meant taking out his opponent etc. He won titles with composure, planning, working out odds and skilll whereas Lewis has skill alone at the moment.
Do you understand why it's happneing though? He's intelligent , he's surrounded by professionals , he's got racing experience. I'm just a duffer but even I can see he ain't going to win anything with his current approach. Why doesn't Ron Dennis give him the hairdryer treatment and just tell him if he keeps driving like some impetuous 9 year old who has just bought a playstation then he will be off the team.

I mean , he's so amateurish at the moment , it's like watching some stupid film about a race driver with psychological problems. Is he just a bit dim? I don't get how someone gets to the top of a sport like F1 and not have the mental capacity to reflect on his tactics and do something about it. He keeps harping on about Massa's move on him but he was doomed to a pit stop anyway after flat spotting his tyres on turn 1.

To me it's not the fact that he makes mistakes , it's just they seem to be the SAME mistakes over and over again. It's all impetuous impatience. He lost the lead off the start and he couldn't deal with it , he probably angrily tried to get it back when it wasn't on rather than just accept second/third and work it from there. Understandable , but you expect more from a top sportsman paid millions.

d

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by knightmeister
Do you understand why it's happneing though? He's intelligent , he's surrounded by professionals , he's got racing experience. I'm just a duffer but even I can see he ain't going to win anything with his current approach. Why doesn't Ron Dennis give him the hairdryer treatment and just tell him if he keeps driving like some impetuous 9 year old who has ...[text shortened]... there. Understandable , but you expect more from a top sportsman paid millions.
O'h my god, your the one with the problem pal!!!!!!!!
The only "Correct Fact" you've spoken is that he is intelligent and surronded by professionals... You need to jump off that soap box.
Who's leading the World Championship??????? Oh yeah that rekless young idiot Hamilton.
Let me tell you, theres only one idiot round here.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
13 Oct 08

Originally posted by dicky
The only "Correct Fact" you've spoken is that he is intelligent and surronded by professionals... You need to jump off that soap box.
Who's leading the World Championship??????? Oh yeah that rekless young idiot Hamilton.
Your handle would be well suited if shortened.

We all expect him to produce results, we all expect him to drive with a mature head on his shoulders.
We are not anti Lewis but simply stunned that he is making (In F1 terms) school boy errors.

Previous seasons Massa was a hot head but this season he is contesting the title simple because of an attitude change not a skill level increase or car improvement.
If Hamilton drove with his skill but a Massa, schumacher, coulthard, alonso head then he would have the championship won by now.

d

Moves
14 Oct 08

Your handle would be well suited if shortened.

We all expect him to produce results, we all expect him to drive with a mature head on his shoulders.
We are not anti Lewis but simply stunned that he is making (In F1 terms) school boy errors.

Previous seasons Massa was a hot head but this season he is contesting the title simple because of an attitude c ...[text shortened]... but a Massa, schumacher, coulthard, alonso head then he would have the championship won by now.
Meeeooowwwww,
Blinkered and ignorant, your not Scottish by any chance, only you
mentioned Coulthard in your post.
Sorry but don't get you, at all....... Typical British knocker!!!!!!
The current World Champion Raikonen, how many schoolboy errors has he made this season, or can he simply not drive in the rain.
Rumour has it Massa wants to try a whole race with the fuel hose on!!!

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
14 Oct 08

Of coure he's leading because he's one of the most skillful drivers out there if not the most , in the best car. Do you not realise that with a little composure and patience that he would be world champion NOW. The points he throws away could still cost him the title.

I'm a fan of his , but some of his recent performances have let him down.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
14 Oct 08

Meeeooowwwww,
Blinkered and ignorant, your not Scottish by any chance, only you
mentioned Coulthard in your post.
Sorry but don't get you, at all....... Typical British knocker!!!!!!
The current World Champion Raikonen, how many schoolboy errors has he made this season, or can he simply not drive in the rain.
------dicky---------

Talk about blinkered! Think about it. The race analysis showed that the Massa incident was not his fault but the Ferrari team's fault . The light went green and he went as he was supposed to.

Compare this to Lewis's mad dash to turn one leaving half his tyres on the track. There is no comparison.

You sound a bit impetuous and rabid yourself. Maybe that's why you seem to have reacted so strongly to my criticism of Lewis?

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
16 Oct 08
1 edit

d

Moves
16 Oct 08

Game on Sunday 7am!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
16 Oct 08

Game on Sunday 7am!
Get your facts right 4.30am to 7.30am on ITV 😛😛😛

d

Moves
16 Oct 08

Get your facts right 4.30am to 7.30am on ITV 😛😛😛
Ooooooooo, you might be getting up at 4.30am in Jockland but here in London it's a 7.00am race!!!!!!!!!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
16 Oct 08

Ooooooooo, you might be getting up at 4.30am in Jockland but here in London it's a 7.00am race!!!!!!!!!
Indeed, I had guessed that you were a part time fan through your lack of knowledge of the drivers abilities and shortfalls

d

Moves
16 Oct 08

Indeed, I had guessed that you were a part time fan through your lack of knowledge of the drivers abilities and shortfalls
Coulthard!

d

Moves
17 Oct 08

HAMILTON, so much quicker in Friday practice.
Let the Union Jack start to wave and the anthem begin to play and
welcome the new World Champion.