Go Flyers!

Go Flyers!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
07 Jun 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
For the Flyers to win they have to forecheck hard like in the two games at home. Give Toews & Kane no time and space, is the only way to stop them. (Although the big guy was the one with the 4 points when all was said and done I might add)

Philly got spanked good last night. I expect to see more out of them on Wednesday.
Get that rat Carcillo back on the ice too.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
07 Jun 10

Originally posted by darvlay
Get that rat Carcillo back on the ice too.
You are absolutely right!

s

Moves
08 Jun 10

You are absolutely right!
Pressure's on Philly all the way. I think they will hiccup this time and lose at home. I just don't see them putting up a big fight although they will come out swinging wildly. It's curtains! Teams winning game five have a decided edge because team down 3-2 has the added pressure of no room for error. It's like being down a pawn and the opponent's pawn is a passer!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 10
1 edit

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Pressure's on Philly all the way. I think they will hiccup this time and lose at home. I just don't see them putting up a big fight although they will come out swinging wildly. It's curtains! Teams winning game five have a decided edge because team down 3-2 has the added pressure of no room for error. It's like being down a pawn and the opponent's pawn is a passer!
Yes, it is a shame Philly hasn't had any pressure on them until now. 😕

One of 3 teams in NHL history to come back from down 3-0...I don't think being down by two will increase any pressure they have had to over come, since trying to make the play-offs.

It will not be a slam dunk back in Philly.

This series is going 7!

s

Moves
08 Jun 10
1 edit

Yes, it is a shame Philly hasn't had any pressure on them until now. 😕

One of 3 teams in NHL history to come back from down 3-0...I don't think being down by two will increase any pressure they have had to over come, since trying to make the play-offs.

It will not be a slam dunk back in Philly.

This series is going 7!
Hawks know they win the cup with a repeat of game five. Philly does not have the scorers Hawks have in Kane, Toews and Bygudlien. The tweaking of the lines Chicago coach did will make the difference. This time I feel strongly this will not go seven. Phillie has exhausted it's potential. Too many comebacks will leave you drained. Pronger looked listless and chicago's power play finally awoke! I say it's curtains in game six. A Prongerless Phillie won't get it done.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 10

Hawks know they win the cup with a repeat of game five. Philly does not have the scorers Hawks have in Kane, Toews and Bygudlien. The tweaking of the lines Chicago coach did will make the difference. This time I feel strongly this will not go seven. Phillie has exhausted it's potential. Too many comebacks will leave you drained. Pronger looked listless ...[text shortened]... lay finally awoke! I say it's curtains in game six. A Prongerless Phillie won't get it done.
Lets see what happens, then you can say you were correct again VR. 😉

l

Moves
08 Jun 10

Do I detect a sore loser? I see a lot being let go on both sides, not just Pronger.

Perhaps you have a case of tunnel vision? Are you saying the Refs are crooked?

If you follow hockey you would know they always catch the guy retaliating.

I am glad the refs are letting them battle and not calling every little thing, reminds me of the old time h ...[text shortened]... u on that point. Lots of picks, and interference going on that is penalty during regular season.
oh im sorry..did your dumbass just said they are letting them battle? sure.of course they are....thats why they are callinga penalty on the blackhawks every five minutes...but sure, keep saying what your saying

l

Moves
08 Jun 10

oh and by the way..you cant be a sore loser if your leading in the series

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 10
2 edits

Originally posted by lapidus
oh im sorry..did your dumbass just said they are letting them battle? sure.of course they are....thats why they are callinga penalty on the blackhawks every five minutes...but sure, keep saying what your saying
That was in one game where they let them battle. The Hawks had lost when I asked if you were being the sore loser, you sound like right now! 😛

Did you like the 10 stitches Briere took for Philly with no call? OR did you not notice that?

Do you keep your crying towel close by when watching the games?

l

Moves
08 Jun 10

and keith has a full set of teeth. do me and everyone else a favor by conserving oxygen and killing yourself

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 10

Originally posted by lapidus
and keith has a full set of teeth. do me and everyone else a favor by conserving oxygen and killing yourself
He is a hockey player, he isn't suppose to have a full set of teeth.

Don't you know better than to start a sentence with 'and'?

Do yourself a favour and learn something about the game of hockey, so you don't look so silly in the future.

s

Moves
08 Jun 10

Lets see what happens, then you can say you were correct again VR. 😉
We'll see. Of course it's not about being right, but about enjoying what I have come to appreciate as a great sport indeed! BTW, my daughter won an award as an outstanding Italian-American kid. Also winning awards were Mike Modano. It was thrilling for her, despite not knowing hockey, to meet and take pics with one of the sport's truly great guys. The dude is one big dude, nice as they come and quite modest. After the awards he sought out my daughter for pics instead of the other way around! Retiring after 22 seasons!

Guitarist

@William Penn's gaze

Moves
08 Jun 10
1 edit

Yeah, the FLyers got spanked, I agree, Pronger took some corner abuse, Brier got his eye poked, Leighton seemed hobbled, Laino got crushed, hasn't been a very magical series after all the special moments to get here.
One thing though, they seem to still have a resolve to keep coming back. I felt this would be seven games all along. The flyers are 9-1 at home during the playoffs. The Flyers win Wednesday at home, then go back to Chicago and with all the chips down on the table, Fly away from the windy city with Win. There's always next year to retaliate for all the cheap shots that the Black"chicken"Hawks are dishing out, during the regular season. Congrats to your daughter, S-zzo.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
08 Jun 10

Originally posted by darvlay
You're not done yet!

This year is only a small sample size, my friend. What happens if you go back... oh, say 10 years. What do the numbers look like then?

Remember what you said yourself:

"I'm going by the data, which indicates that home ice in the playoffs is only a very small edge if at all; [b]and it's not just this year.
It's a consistenc ...[text shortened]... the playoffs. Home teams typically win about 50% of the time; maybe slightly more."

🙂[/b]
Okay, okay. I guess I'll have to sit down and do 2009 and 2008 and 2007 when I have time...

Unless you want to, of course 🙂

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
08 Jun 10

We'll see. Of course it's not about being right, but about enjoying what I have come to appreciate as a great sport indeed! BTW, my daughter won an award as an outstanding Italian-American kid. Also winning awards were Mike Modano. It was thrilling for her, despite not knowing hockey, to meet and take pics with one of the sport's truly great guys. The d ...[text shortened]... e sought out my daughter for pics instead of the other way around! Retiring after 22 seasons!
Congratulations that must have been a great day for the whole family!

Most hockey players are nice guys, just animals on the ice. 😉

I always liked Mike Modano as a player. One of the great hockey players not to come out of Canada. 😉