Get off McClarens back

Get off McClarens back

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
01 May 07

Lets get Benitez,,,then we can win all the penalty shoot outs and show our true potential

H

Moves
05 May 07

Originally posted by smartrrrrs
Lets get Benitez,,,then we can win all the penalty shoot outs and show our true potential
we would need Pepe Reina to help us as well. But I don't like McClaren either, England should have thumped Israel and Andorra e.t.c.
Now everyone is saying brink back Sven lol!

s

Moves
08 Sep 07

Originally posted by millerman
Good luck mate, i'll be happy just for us too qualify ๐Ÿ˜ž
Feelin any happier yet ?

s

Moves
08 Sep 07

Good luck vs Russia. You'll need it.

s

Moves
08 Sep 07

Originally posted by schakuhr
and my fullbacks

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
08 Sep 07

I would be truly a happy man if you guys appointed Scolari. ๐Ÿ˜ž

i

Moves
09 Sep 07

Originally posted by schakuhr
Go, Russia. They were quite good at times vs Macedonia. And quite clumsy at other times. For example, a few times they had two men on a ball right in front of the net with neither taking the initiative. But still the attack is very imaginative and young. Arshavin, Bystrov, Kerzhakov & Bilyaletdinov should produce chances against England. The defense have a tendency to make troubles for themselves out of the blue...
If I were Guus Hiddink I'd tell to go for a win at Wembley. All they need to do is to share points in two matches vs England (assuming they can beat Israel and Andorra away which is not easy but doable). So, even if they lose on Wed, it's not quite the end - they'll just need to win at home. A draw at Wembley may force them to play defensively in Moscow and lose.

s

Moves
09 Sep 07

Originally posted by infomast
Go, Russia. They were quite good at times vs Macedonia. And quite clumsy at other times. For example, a few times they had two men on a ball right in front of the net with neither taking the initiative. But still the attack is very imaginative and young. Arshavin, Bystrov, Kerzhakov & Bilyaletdinov should produce chances against England. The defense have a ...[text shortened]... need to win at home. A draw at Wembley may force them to play defensively in Moscow and lose.
dodgy keeper

DS

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by Palynka
I would be truly a happy man if you guys appointed Scolari. ๐Ÿ˜ž
We don't want him either. ๐Ÿ™

You can keep him - thanks but no thanks and all that. ๐Ÿ˜•

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
10 Sep 07

Everyone sing along now!

1, 2, 3...

I think it's bad news for the English game
We're not creative enough, and we're not positive enough

We're going home
We're going home
We're going
England's going home...

(We'll go on getting bad results, getting bad results..)

We're going home
We're going home
We're going
England's going home

We're going home
We're going home
We're going
England's going home

We're going home
We're going home
We're going
England's going home

Everyone seems to know the score
They've seen it all before
They just know
They're so sure
That England's gonna throw it away
Gonna blow it away
We all know they can't play
'Cause I remember...

Three Lions on a shirt
Portugal's still gleaming
Forty years of hurt
Everybody's still dreaming

s

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Everyone sing along now!

1, 2, 3...

I think it's bad news for the English game
We're not creative enough, and we're not positive enough

We're going home
We're going home
We're going
England's going home...

(We'll go on getting bad results, getting bad results..)

We're going home
We're going home
We're going
England's going home
...[text shortened]... till gleaming
Forty years of hurt
Everybody's still dreaming
With such great support from people like you how can we fail,incidentally to go home we first have to qualify to go away,which I am sure we will .England need optomistic buoyant support,not prophets of doom.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirateโ„ข

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
10 Sep 07

Originally posted by smartrrrrs
With such great support from people like you how can we fail,incidentally to go home we first have to qualify to go away,which I am sure we will .England need optomistic buoyant support,not prophets of doom.
What they need is the British media and fans to stop consistently labelling them as 'one of the world's best teams'.

People always dredge up the same, tired old argument that "They look great on paper! The squad is good enough to win the World Cup". Well, whoopty-do! Paper doesn't mean squat, it's performance on the pitch that counts. How on earth are they supposed to perform well when every single mistake, foul, bad referring decision and missed shot is plastered all over the front page of the tabloids and scrutinised just so we can all have someone to point a finger at and blame for another poor result? The pressure and expectations on the players and managers are ridiculous.

In world standings, England were a great team years ago but now they're only a good team. We should be grateful that they get as far as they do in International competitions, not complain bitterly because they don't live up to everyone's over-hyped expectations. It isn't the '66 World Cup final anymore...

s

Moves
10 Sep 07

Its called ...hope ..its what this country is all about hence Land of hope and glory

s

6yd box

Moves
10 Sep 07

WHY.. they beat a very poor footballing nation.. lets see what they do in the next game

A

Moves
11 Sep 07

Does Kewell still play for Liverpool?