Florida?

Florida?

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

Moves
07 Dec 06

What a joke to say .... with the exception of Notre Dame. Michigan blew out the then #2 team in the nation on the road. They are a BCS team. It is a little different than Florida's scheduling of teams like Western Carolina.

FL

over there

Moves
07 Dec 06

Originally posted by poundlee
What a joke to say .... with the exception of Notre Dame. Michigan blew out the then #2 team in the nation on the road. They are a BCS team. It is a little different than Florida's scheduling of teams like Western Carolina.
At least someone understands.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 06

Originally posted by poundlee
Florida State, which Florida plays every year, has been a tougher game than Notre Dame for about the last ten years. They're having a "bad" season but would still probably beat everybody in the Big Ten but the top three. They're still a bit tougher than Ball State.

T

Moves
07 Dec 06

Originally posted by Falco Lombardi
At least someone understands.
No really....My post said that with the exception of Notre Dame, the non-conference schedule of both Florida and Michigan was pretty easy this year (because Florida State is "down" from their usual standards).

Still, there's no question who had the toughest schedule... Michigan's opponents were barely at .500 other than Ohio State...if you throw out Florida's strongest opponent, the Gator opponents' winning pct still dwarfs that of Michigan's non-Ohio-State opponents.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 06

Originally posted by TheBloop
No really....My post said that with the exception of Notre Dame, the non-conference schedule of both Florida and Michigan was pretty easy this year (because Florida State is "down" from their usual standards).

Still, there's no question who had the toughest schedule... Michigan's opponents were barely at .500 other than Ohio State...if you throw out Flor ...[text shortened]... he Gator opponents' winning pct still dwarfs that of Michigan's non-Ohio-State opponents.
How about these questions:

How many teams in the Big Ten would be expected to beat Florida State this year?

How many teams in the SEC would be expected to beat Florida State this year?

How many teams Michigan played would be expected to beat Florida State this year?

How many teams Florida played would be expected to beat Florida State?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 Dec 06

Originally posted by no1marauder

How many teams in the Big Ten would be expected to beat Florida State this year?

How many teams Michigan played would be expected to beat Florida State this year?

Why don't you just put down those scissors, put on your aluminum foil hat and play the games in your head.

And be sure to tell us how they turn out...

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 06

Originally posted by Red Night
Why don't you just put down those scissors, put on your aluminum foil hat and play the games in your head.

And be sure to tell us how they turn out...
Stop trolling if you have nothing to add to the discussion.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
07 Dec 06

Stop trolling if you have nothing to add to the discussion.
Discussion???

More like the wacky world of No 1.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 06

Originally posted by Red Night
Discussion???

More like the wacky world of No 1.
Perhaps it's over your ten year old mentality.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
07 Dec 06

Perhaps it's over your ten year old mentality.
What are you going to say if Florida gets blown out?

I'm going to say, "you were dang right again!" if Florida wins or stays within 5 or so of Ohio.

P-

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
08 Dec 06

Originally posted by Phlabibit
What are you going to say if Florida gets blown out?

I'm going to say, "you were dang right again!" if Florida wins or stays within 5 or so of Ohio.

P-
The same thing I'm saying now: that they deserved a shot at OSU like Michigan already got.

Of course, Boise State should be playing in the title game!

T

Moves
08 Dec 06

Exactly... Man, I've never heard so much whining from fans of a non-conference champion claiming their team should play in the championship game,

And now, Michigan fans are already complaining that USC has a home field advantage in the Rose Bowl...sounds like they're setting themselves up for something there... a loss, perhaps?

If every team in the SEC played every team in the Big 10 twice, once in each home stadium, this series would be totally dominated by the SEC teams... and NOBODY would go undefeated!

m

Moves
08 Dec 06

If you had that tournament, I would think the thre best teams would be Ohio State, Michigan and Florida. Then a lot of top SEC teams with Wisconsin and Penn State and Iowa would be about 9 - 11. I think that is the way Vegas would handicap too (evidence that people who bet money would think that way too)

W
Angler

River City

Moves
08 Dec 06

Originally posted by GalaxyShield
The Big 10 is not the SEC, not even close (not in football, that is). The Big Ten usually only has a couple quality teams every year, being Michigan, OSU and Wisconsin. Penn State has a good year every now and then, but it can't be expected. The SEC is always competitive. Every team has a shot at beating all the other teams in the division whenever they ...[text shortened]... not like the blowouts we usually see up here in Big 10 country during the conference schedule.
Yep. Also true of the Pac-10, in which the last place team can always destroy the bottom 5 in the Big-10 (and is often capable of scaring USC, as the Huskies did this year).

Michigan and OSU are good teams, but they play too many high schools to face the difficulties with injuries that plague USC, Florida, and other programs with tough schedules.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
08 Dec 06

Originally posted by whodey
There is only one way to prove you wrong. Play the games!!!!!!!! It is my contention that OSU and that team up north are indeed #1 and #2 but there is no way to prove this unless OSU plays Florida. We have already proven that OSU is better than that team up north, however, what about Florida? This is why the BCS works. We need to see the Big Ten take on ...[text shortened]... ecided. Now all that has to happen now are for the fans of that team up north to deal!!!!!!!!!!
At least one Big 10 fan sees the benefit of some strong non-conference games.