fernando torres

fernando torres

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by scoop122
i think the majority of people would agree with you. from reports he can manage the physical side of the game. mind you it took dennis bergkamp a seaon and a half to become one of the best players the premiership has seen.
while it's not all about money... but most of the time it really is.... we are still short of a few more players
rafa is a top class manager and we wouldnt swap him for anyone.
another top striker would be really lovely
Wanting another top striker is just being greedy considering Torres, Crouch and Kuyt. A good young striker would suit ye better.

Centre mid is very strong, but ye're weak on the flanks, IMHO. Kewell and Gonzalez have a lot to prove, and Zenden was never a winger IMO. Presumably with 4 top centre midfielders, Gerrard will be shipped out to the wing again.

I think it's in defence and goal that Liverpool are lacking. Sure, Carragher and Finnan are top players, but after that you're struggling a bit. Riise does most of his good work within 50 yards of teh opponents goal. Fingers crossed Heinze stays at United. It would be a bit of a sickener (and solve a lot of your problems) if he moved to the Pool.

D

AB

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
I think it's in defence and goal that Liverpool are lacking. Sure, Carragher and Finnan are top players, but after that you're struggling a bit. Riise does most of his good work within 50 yards of teh opponents goal. Fingers crossed Heinze stays at United. It would be a bit of a sickener (and solve a lot of your problems) if he moved to the Pool.

D
LFC have had the 2nd best defensive record (marginally behind Chelsea) for the last 2 seasons. Heinze would give us the cover at LB that we need.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Jul 07

Originally posted by Angry Boy
LFC have had the 2nd best defensive record (marginally behind Chelsea) for the last 2 seasons. Heinze would give us the cover at LB that we need.
It's easy to have a good defensive record when the rest of the team are more interested in defending than scoring. 18 goals for and 20 against away from home last season is very average.

Compare that to United (who also had the 2nd best defensive record last season), who scored 37 and conceded 15 away from home.

I know which type of team I'd rather be watching.

D

AB

Moves
06 Jul 07

It's easy to have a good defensive record when the rest of the team are more interested in defending than scoring. 18 goals for and 20 against away from home last season is very average.

Compare that to United (who also had the 2nd best defensive record last season), who scored 37 and conceded 15 away from home.

I know which type of team I'd rather be watching.

D
I was responding to the fact that you said LFC were lacking in defence. The facts (goals conceded) say they're not.

s

6yd box

Moves
06 Jul 07

[b]Well, he has pace, strength, good with left and right foot, good in the air, great shot and superb finisher and seems to be in the right place at the right time.
i remember hearing all this about 2 years ago.. when liverpool signed fernando morientes 😵😵😵

Alekhine's Gun

🤔 Bolton

Moves
07 Jul 07

Wanting another top striker is just being greedy considering Torres, Crouch and Kuyt. A good young striker would suit ye better.

Centre mid is very strong, but ye're weak on the flanks, IMHO. Kewell and Gonzalez have a lot to prove, and Zenden was never a winger IMO. Presumably with 4 top centre midfielders, Gerrard will be shipped out to the wing aga ...[text shortened]... would be a bit of a sickener (and solve a lot of your problems) if he moved to the Pool.

D
Hey hang on dont forget Danny Agger.Superb replacement for the ageing Hypia.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
07 Jul 07

Sami has still a lot to give... well, at least the Finnish national team
stands completely on his shoulders, and they seem to do good this
qualifying round for the Euro Cup.