European sports are superior

European sports are superior

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
24 Feb 09

Originally posted by phil3000
I will take that on the chin!!! Sorry...
lol if he's that into hoops he may want your other end 😵😲

As far as world wide games are concerned soccer and basketball are certainly huge. I can't think of two more wie spread and more watched games.

Basketball clowns always amazed me with their antics and the good old Globetrotters were fun to watch.. I just checked to see if Meadowlark Lemon was still going and caught his history.. cool.

The game is well supported down here The Boomers (aus) and the Tall Blacks (NZ) from down under do quite well too.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by jman566
"I would have to say its rubbish ,looks to me if your six foot seven you get to be a basket ball player ,its a girls game !!! "

Hahaha there are many miraculous players who are not six foot seven. Nate robinson is only 5 foot nine and he is an extraordinary player. i pardon u for your lack of knowledge!!!!
There are exceptions to every rule. Would you like a team of 5'9" players against a team of 6'6" players, both with equivilent skills?

I didn't think so.

j

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by shortcircuit
There are exceptions to every rule. Would you like a team of 5'9" players against a team of 6'6" players, both with equivilent skills?

I didn't think so.
height is not everything. In basketball stamina is most important (well besides shooting skills). Being taller doesn't make one better at basketball.

j

Moves
25 Feb 09

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
lol if he's that into hoops he may want your other end 😵😲

As far as world wide games are concerned soccer and basketball are certainly huge. I can't think of two more wie spread and more watched games.

Basketball clowns always amazed me with their antics and the good old Globetrotters were fun to watch.. I just checked to see if Meadowlark Lemon ...[text shortened]... ported down here The Boomers (aus) and the Tall Blacks (NZ) from down under do quite well too.
Your insult is that of a five year old.

Besides that i recently watched the Globetrotters (last saturday) and they were amazing.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
25 Feb 09

Your insult is that of a five year old.

Besides that i recently watched the Globetrotters (last saturday) and they were amazing.
No insult intended at all just in fun.. and my kids at five would never have have said such a thing I assure you.

That's great the Globetrotters are still going, I thought it was The Harlem All Stars now. Who did they play?

q

Moves
25 Feb 09

[b]"I would have to say its rubbish ,looks to me if your six foot seven you get to be a basket ball player ,its a girls game !!! "
It is just foolish to look at sports that way. In the US, soccer is basically a girls game.

E

Moves
25 Feb 09

Next thing you'll be saying is that Volleyball is a girl's game too.

j

Moves
26 Feb 09

No insult intended at all just in fun.. and my kids at five would never have have said such a thing I assure you.

That's great the Globetrotters are still going, I thought it was The Harlem All Stars now. Who did they play?
My fault.

Well i thought it was the harlem globetrotters. i didnt really look to see if it had changed to allstars. They played the washington generals and beat them once again. I would had liked to see more long crazy shots though.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
26 Feb 09

My fault.

Well i thought it was the harlem globetrotters. i didnt really look to see if it had changed to allstars. They played the washington generals and beat them once again. I would had liked to see more long crazy shots though.
I have lots of memories of televised games with Meadowlark stuffing the ball up his shirt and if memory serves a few assisted somersault dunks etc. What sort of level would they have been capable of playing if they played seriously? Probably a lot better than most national sides but would they have competed at top level?

j

Moves
26 Feb 09

I have lots of memories of televised games with Meadowlark stuffing the ball up his shirt and if memory serves a few assisted somersault dunks etc. What sort of level would they have been capable of playing if they played seriously? Probably a lot better than most national sides but would they have competed at top level?
Well generally people on the globetrotters are people who were not good enough to play in the NBA if my sources are correct. Or something like that.
but they are pretty talented.

p

Moves
26 Feb 09

Originally posted by quackquack
It is just foolish to look at sports that way. In the US, soccer is basically a girls game.
Thats because you yanks are jealous of the biggest ,most supported and watched sport on the globe and it has diddly squat to do with the USA !! you can keep your world series between you and canada, and BECKHAM !! and POSH!!!! [PLEASE ...] You dont see are rugby players padding them selfs up like girlies either !!!!!! [this will kick some dust up !!! me thinks ...lol]....😀😏😏

j

Moves
27 Feb 09
2 edits

Originally posted by phil3000
Thats because you yanks are jealous of the biggest ,most supported and watched sport on the globe and it has diddly squat to do with the USA !! you can keep your world series between you and canada, and BECKHAM !! and POSH!!!! [PLEASE ...] You dont see are rugby players padding them selfs up like girlies either !!!!!! [this will kick some dust up !!! me thinks ...lol]....😀😏😏
As i recall the united states is rather good in soccer. Now if we really got our country into soccer we would be an unstoppable force to be reckoned with. our country is also extremelly good in swimming. extremelly good in track and field. I'm not sure what england is known for...oh yea Tea and Crumpets! u sissy lalas... couldnt even keep of a hold on the USA in its early stages. tsk tsk deeply disappointed

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
27 Feb 09

As i recall the united states is rather good in soccer. Now if we really got our country into soccer we would be an unstoppable force to be reckoned with. our country is also extremelly good in swimming. extremelly good in track and field. I'm not sure what england is known for...oh yea Tea and Crumpets! u sissy lalas... couldnt even keep of a hold on the USA in its early stages. tsk tsk deeply disappointed
LA Galaxy crushed a composite Oceania team a few months back. Beckham played well.

Auckland hosted the game and made a 1.76 million loss on the game. Only 16000 turned up.

Wellington hosted LA last year and made a fortune on a similar game.

I pretty sure USA will climb the ranks and if I were a betting person I'd bet on USA winning a world cup before England simply because England think they know how to play where as USA just want to get better and do.

p

Moves
27 Feb 09

Well it was a long way to go !!!lol

p

Moves
27 Feb 09

LA Galaxy crushed a composite Oceania team a few months back. Beckham played well.

Auckland hosted the game and made a 1.76 million loss on the game. Only 16000 turned up.

Wellington hosted LA last year and made a fortune on a similar game.

I pretty sure USA will climb the ranks and if I were a betting person I'd bet on USA winning a world cup bef ...[text shortened]... simply because England think they know how to play where as USA just want to get better and do.
"A fool and his money are soon parted " You must be lucky in love my friend !!!!!