European sports are superior

European sports are superior

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
14 Feb 09
1 edit

As an American, I guess I'm not supposed to say this, but I think European sports are superior to those played in America. Success in soccer (European Football) depends mostly on positioning, speed, and brains, not brute force, as in American football, the same can be said of rugby. Cricket is a wonderful game, and much more interesting to watch than American baseball. European sports stars are also better educated, a little less arrogent, and seem to have fewer legal problems than there American counterparts. There are a few execptions to this of course, but I think the American sports community has much to learn from Europe. 😏

Moves
14 Feb 09

Originally posted by bill718
As an American, I guess I'm not supposed to say this, but I think European sports are superior to those played in America. Success in soccer (European Football) depends mostly on positioning, speed, and brains, not brute force, as in American football, the same can be said of rugby. Cricket is a wonderful game, and much more interesting to watch than America ...[text shortened]... to this of course, but I think the American sports community has much to learn from Europe. 😏
Approved. 😀

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
14 Feb 09

LOL, you're obviously joking, but I'd love it if the US took a serious interest in football (soccer). It's a bit sad that one of the biggest sporting nations doesn't care about the most popular sport in the world.

d

Break-twitching

Moves
15 Feb 09
2 edits

As an American, I guess I'm not supposed to say this, but I think European sports are superior to those played in America. Success in soccer (European Football) depends mostly on positioning, speed, and brains, not brute force, as in American football, the same can be said of rugby. Cricket is a wonderful game, and much more interesting to watch than America ...[text shortened]... to this of course, but I think the American sports community has much to learn from Europe. 😏
Being as Seattle is not really considerd a part of the U.S, (Canada, maybe...or Cuba) and the fact that it rains too much, you're excused for this 'watterlogged' logic of comparing European and American sports. There is no comparison. 😏

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
15 Feb 09

Every nation has it's own favourites. Association Football is a true world game kids love it in Sth Am, Africa, Fiji, China and USA..

Parts of Australia like to a game where run around an oval field. They bounce a rugby ball as they run and knock it to each other then kick the ball between two tall posts. The other team have to shoulder bump them, steal the ball and kick it their way. But wait there really is more!!! they play wearing skimpy shorts and tight singlets.

In some prisons they play original no rules footy in a gym with full contact unpadded crash tackling... ouch

What floats the boat in your neck of the woods

P

weedhopper

Moves
15 Feb 09

To each his own. I like most sports, but the national sport of Afghanistan? As I understand, it resembles polo, with the "objective" being the headless carcass of a goat. (What happens to the head, I don't know---a spoil to the victor, maybe?)

a

Moves
15 Feb 09

I have never understood why anyone takes any interest in a game of any kind that they are not involved in..England against anyone????..I don't care...I'm not on the pitch playing, I have no control over the result...who cares and why? I have played many sports in my life, and I take a keen interest in my performance and how I compare to the best exponents of them, but I genuinely cannot get caught up in the hysteria which seems to be the pre-requisite for following a team or national event. If we lose, win or draw, why do people care so much?

P

weedhopper

Moves
15 Feb 09

Originally posted by ayceebee
I have never understood why anyone takes any interest in a game of any kind that they are not involved in..England against anyone????..I don't care...I'm not on the pitch playing, I have no control over the result...who cares and why? I have played many sports in my life, and I take a keen interest in my performance and how I compare to the best exponents o ...[text shortened]... e for following a team or national event. If we lose, win or draw, why do people care so much?
Because it's fun to wave the big styro-foam "We're Number One !" finger around?

a

Moves
15 Feb 09

But you're not "number one"...the team may be, but you didn't play..you were only watching.

Moves
15 Feb 09

USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!! USA!!

NUMBER ONE BIEACTH

USA - USA - USA - USA - USA - USA!!!!!!!

J

Moves
16 Feb 09

I have never understood why anyone takes any interest in a game of any kind that they are not involved in..England against anyone????..I don't care...I'm not on the pitch playing, I have no control over the result...who cares and why? I have played many sports in my life, and I take a keen interest in my performance and how I compare to the best exponents o ...[text shortened]... e for following a team or national event. If we lose, win or draw, why do people care so much?
Your in a very very very tiny minority on this one!

For me if a person loves playing a sport you can usually assume that they have at least a casual interest in watching it, I've actually never in my life met anydody who plays football and wouldnt watch the odd game so I think it's bizzare that someone can feel this way

You say you take a keen interest in how you perform compared to the best exponents of them...is that not the same think and enjoying watching people that are better than you play?

You have to support a team or care about your country doing well befor you can start to understand it...once you do this you become emotionally involved in the game so it definitely does matter to you who wins or loses...for me it's the fact that I care so much that makes my sport quite simply the best thing in the world

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
16 Feb 09

Are you Prince Philip?

😲

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
16 Feb 09

gosh, there sure are some stupid people in the world...

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
16 Feb 09

They need to do something to make it a bit easier to score in soccer. It gets too boring when some games are decided 1-0.

Sais

Berks.

Moves
16 Feb 09

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
Are you Prince Philip?

😲
He can't be. He didn't insult anyone.