College football 2008

College football 2008

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
13 Sep 08

awsome

w

Moves
13 Sep 08
3 edits

Originally posted by Eladar
When I was growing up in Southern California, USC was my favorite team. Now I really don't like them much, but I do want to watch them beat tOSU.

tOSU has won alot of games over the past few years that they should have lost. I loved watching them lose to LSU. I'll love seeing them lose to USC. tOSU is an average football team that just happens to play in a very weak and over hyped conference.
Well it looks as though you will get your wish yet again. It appears that BB, who is their only offense, is not going to play. It would not shock me to see them kept out of the end zone the entire game. Then with their lack of offense and 3 and outs we will see the defense, which is their strength, get worn down pretty quickly. Also, we also have their QB Boeckman who no doubt will throw an interception or two and/or fumble the ball around. If I were a beating man I would jump at taking USC with only an 11 point spread. I think it is a no brainer and a steal.

w

Moves
13 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Big East took a big step up last night when South Florida beat Kansas 37-34 on a last second field goal.
Yet another good Florida team. Great!!!! Just what we needed. 😕

E

Moves
13 Sep 08

I hope I'm not giving the Sooners bad mojo here, but the Pac-10 is stinking it up today.

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
14 Sep 08

Is Ohio State in Division I? It sure doesn't seem like it.

E

Moves
14 Sep 08

USC should have put more points up on Ohio State.

The Big Ten stinks. That's all there is to it. How many times must tOSU get throttled before people stop believing the hype?

w

Moves
14 Sep 08

Originally posted by CliffLandin
Is Ohio State in Division I? It sure doesn't seem like it.
Well I think I was spot on in predicting the outcome. I know my team.

Just a few notes, hats off to the Buckeyes because they played their hearts out. Secondly, their offensive woes continue. In fact, they are notorious for this weakness. Thirdly, as I predicted the QB for OSU Boeckman stunk up the field today with 3 turn overs, one of which resulted in a TD. Fourthly, I was jumping for joy the way they played the first half. I thought perhaps they could have kept it closer than they did....that is until fumbling bumbling Boeckman threw the TD interception. Fifthly, I think perhaps Penn State is the best team in the Big Ten this year and will beat my Buckeyes. Sixthly, I think there is no doubt that USC is the best team in the land. I just hope they end up playing someone of worth rather than an easy team to beat up on like they are accustomed to doing.

w

Moves
14 Sep 08

USC should have put more points up on Ohio State.

The Big Ten stinks. That's all there is to it. How many times must tOSU get throttled before people stop believing the hype?
You didn't need to watch this game to realize that did you? After all, USC has beaten the last 14 Big Ten teams they have faced. In addition, OSU is 0-9 against SEC teams. This is nothing new, rather, it is simply more of the same. Heck, the MAC has a better record against Big Ten teams than the Big Ten does against USC. In fact, I don't know why they even bother playing USC against Big Ten teams. I guess they just like easy wins so they can pat themselves on the back and tell everyone how great they are.

Edit: I just wish that USC finally grows a few and decides to take on a good SEC team in the NCG.

E

Moves
14 Sep 08

USC doesn't get to decide who they play in a MNC game. That is decided by votes.

If an SEC team goes undefeated, then it will play USC in the MNC game. This assumes of course that USC runs the rest of the schedule.

If no SEC team goes undefeated, then it will be USC's turn to mop the floor with OU in a BCS game. Why not USC again? We lost to Boise State and got embarrassed by WV. One more humiliating defeat isn't anything new for OU in a bowl game.

g

Moves
14 Sep 08

Ohio State payed their tribute to USC like the mighty team they are.

w

Moves
14 Sep 08

USC doesn't get to decide who they play in a MNC game. That is decided by votes.

If an SEC team goes undefeated, then it will play USC in the MNC game. This assumes of course that USC runs the rest of the schedule.

If no SEC team goes undefeated, then it will be USC's turn to mop the floor with OU in a BCS game. Why not USC again? We lost to Boise ...[text shortened]... got embarrassed by WV. One more humiliating defeat isn't anything new for OU in a bowl game.
True, but USC could try to schedule games in which they play SEC teams during the regular season. I think they prefer going undefeated without having to lift a finger.

Having said that, I don't think you will see a Big Ten team in another NCG. At least, I hope not. No, from now on it will probably be between USC and the best team in the SEC. Sure it will get tiresome, but at least we might have a decent game to watch.

w

Moves
14 Sep 08

Originally posted by gambit3
Ohio State payed their tribute to USC like the mighty team they are.
Oh hail great and mighty USC!! Pete carrol is but a god in our midst. Oh hail great and mighty USC!!

w

Moves
14 Sep 08

So what does everyone think of that BYU team? 59 points against UCLA? Are you kidding me?

Now what are the chances of BYU getting a shot at a team like USC? Slim to none if you ask me.

E

Moves
14 Sep 08

Teams have bad nights. UCLA just came off a big win against Tennessee the week before.

You could also argue that BYU really sucks because they almost lost to Washington the week before and OU just destroyed Washington last night.

BYU falls in the category of Hawaii and Boise State. They will get their chance at the big money in a BCS game, but they won't get a shot at the MNC. BYU's only chance at a mythical national championship is to schedule USC, LSU or Florida and win that away game. If they defeat one of the very best then they'll get a shot.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
So what does everyone think of that BYU team? 59 points against UCLA? Are you kidding me?

Now what are the chances of BYU getting a shot at a team like USC? Slim to none if you ask me.
I think they are a Top Ten team now; there's no way you can minimize their destruction of UCLA which beat a good SEC team last week. It will be interesting to see how the Vols do against Florida and Auburn in the weeks ahead. Win one of those and BYU's crushing of UCLA will look even more impressive.

BYU might go undefeated, but they have tough Air Force and Utah at the end of the season. Those two teams meet this week in what should be a good and interesting game.