Biggest botched call of the season

Biggest botched call of the season

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by sh76
I just watched the super slow mo. There is no doubt in my mind that it an INT. While perhaps Tate initially has his right hand on the ball at roughly the same times Jennings does, Tate's right hand comes off the ball while Jennings clearly has both hands on it and control of it. It looked like an INT live, it looked like an INT in slow-mo and super slow mo remo ...[text shortened]... to feel sorry for them. Bad calls happen.

But who can doubt that the call itself was wrong?
A super homey who thinks nothing of applauding a spurious fake win. That's who. Hand on the ball indeed does not a simultaneous catch make. Indeed Tate's hand comes off the ball. End of play, INT end of ballgame, W for Packers. Bad calls do happen, just not nearly this bad. I've watched football a long time. An honest botched call is usually overturned in replay, except we don't know which call they reviewed since one ref signaled INT, the other TD. Refs never announced which call was the final one as they should have. These scabs cannot find line of scrimmage half the time, call 20 yard personal fouls, point in the wrong direction half the time, give extra time outs and challenges. Simply awful. Games are on average 8' longer because of the btoched game management! Regular refs certainly not perfect, but generally correct their errors on replay with some exceptions. Jerry Jones heads the competition committee. I lay more blame on him than on the actual refs because he is such a tightwad he refuses to ensure best product is on the field. Just look at what a gamer Coughlin has turned Martellus Bennet in to! Yet in Dallas we are stuck with locker-room cancer Dez Bryant, Felix Jones and half assed many others!

S
Lead, Follow, or..

Saint Petersburg, FL

Moves
27 Sep 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
I like the Dolphins chances to pull an upset. Their defense has played very well esp. against the run and Arizona can't run the ball. I really don't see Kevin Kolb lighting Miami's D up and think it will be a close, low scoring game. If the Fish can win the turnover battle, I think they can win in the desert.
This might be a tiny bit of a stretch, but those that have actually watched the fins know they've been playing well, just haven't gotten results for many reasons.

Their corners and LB's have been tearing up the opponents so far. The OL is surprisingly good.

Thanks no1 for your post.

As a lifelong fin fan though, I'm skeptical.

s

Moves
28 Sep 12

Originally posted by SmookieP
This might be a tiny bit of a stretch, but those that have actually watched the fins know they've been playing well, just haven't gotten results for many reasons.

Their corners and LB's have been tearing up the opponents so far. The OL is surprisingly good.

Thanks no1 for your post.

As a lifelong fin fan though, I'm skeptical.
Who knows. Tannehill is a scrapper, has excellent leadership skills and may become something special.

t

Moves
28 Sep 12

It's not worth arguing anymore. Nobody but the most homer Seahawk fan disputes the call was blown. I haven't heard a single football commentator claim otherwise. But the Seahawks got the call and the win. Case closed. Their offense will have to play considerably better if they hope to make the playoffs, however (as I said, the defense was quite impressiv ...[text shortened]... might even be back in time for Sunday's games. Let's fervently hope that this is the case.
They have the tools on offense... but the hands working with the tools belong to a baboon.

Run run pass punt

run run pass punt

run run pass run run pass play action pass (finally!) touchdown!

run run pass punt

run run pass punt

Get the idea now?

If they open up the offense on the Rams and get a good blowout win they might get on a roll and start scoring more consistently. With the D playing that well they only really need to score 2-3 TDs with a field goal here and there and they could legitimately beat anybody.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
28 Sep 12

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Green Bay got jobbed by the referees.

They fail to call the push off on the receiver.
They failed to correctly call the interception.

What a bunch of boneheads. The NFL is a laughingstock now.
Well i am glad it happened to green bay.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
01 Oct 12

Guess the REAL Seahawks showed up yesterday.

rc

Moves
01 Oct 12

Guess the real Europeans showed up to pawn you yankess in the Ryder cup - suck it up!

t

Moves
01 Oct 12

Thats been the Seahawks. I bet GB loses to the Rams too.

s

Moves
01 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by tomtom232
They have the tools on offense... but the hands working with the tools belong to a baboon.

Run run pass punt

run run pass punt

run run pass run run pass play action pass (finally!) touchdown!

run run pass punt

run run pass punt

Get the idea now?

If they open up the offense on the Rams and get a good blowout win they might get on a ro ...[text shortened]... need to score 2-3 TDs with a field goal here and there and they could legitimately beat anybody.
Seahawks got their just comeuppance for stealing an unearned win! Seahwaks are evidencing their true ineptitutde! Guess they can't win withour referee help, eh? I'm sure they'd love the scrub refs back! As for GB also possibly losing to the Rams: that's your consolation? So sad!

t

Moves
01 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Seahawks got their just comeuppance for stealing an unearned win! Seahwaks are evidencing their true ineptitutde! Guess they can't win withour referee help, eh? I'm sure they'd love the scrub refs back! As for GB also possibly losing to the Rams: that's your consolation? So sad!
Sad? Sad that the worst Division in football last year is the BEST division in football this year?

And about winning without help they would have won that game against GB by more if the real refs had already been back because GB would have been called for at least 5 holds in the second half.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Oct 12

Sad? Sad that the worst Division in football last year is the BEST division in football this year?

And about winning without help they would have won that game against GB by more if the real refs had already been back because GB would have been called for at least 5 holds in the second half.
Seattle fans here cried the same river after their Super Bowl loss; apparently every time anybody makes a big play against the Seahawk defense it's because of "obvious" holding.

😴

t

Moves
01 Oct 12
1 edit

Seattle fans here cried the same river after their Super Bowl loss; apparently every time anybody makes a big play against the Seahawk defense it's because of "obvious" holding.

😴
Big play? GB didn't make any big plays. They went from 8 sacs in the first half to 0 in the second half? No, they went from not holding in the first half to holding in the second.

BTW

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bowl XL without being asked, and admitted to having blown calls:

It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that. It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly. I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better ... I know that I did my best at that time, but it wasn't good enough ... When we make mistakes, you got to step up and own them. It's something that all officials have to deal with, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
02 Oct 12

Big play? GB didn't make any big plays. They went from 8 sacs in the first half to 0 in the second half? No, they went from not holding in the first half to holding in the second.

BTW

On August 6, 2010, while visiting the Seahawks' preseason training camp for an annual rules interpretation session with the Seattle media, Leavy brought up Super Bo ...[text shortened]... th, but unfortunately when you have to deal with it in the Super Bowl it's difficult.
Like I said:

😴

s

Moves
02 Oct 12
1 edit

Sad indeed because you seem to get your jolly's from the performance of others when your own team wins only with ref assistance one week then loses to a puke team the next! Keep living a dream. Seahawks are no Niners or Cardinals and don't even qualify to lick the boots of the Vikings(despite being in a different division). Broncos are way better and even KC has at least beaten one heckuva team despite its 0-4 record in the Saints. Seahawks have one gamer: Lynch! He's every bit the beast he was billed as and Buffalo shoulda never let him go!

So your team never stinks it up, eh? SB loser, refs, perennial losers, refs? Ha! Seahawks stink! Cowboys stink! Chiefs stink. Raiders stink. No ref should help these puke teams and certainly cannot help them one bit for the next week they revert to toads!

t

Moves
04 Oct 12

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
Sad indeed because you seem to get your jolly's from the performance of others when your own team wins only with ref assistance one week then loses to a puke team the next! Keep living a dream. Seahawks are no Niners or Cardinals and don't even qualify to lick the boots of the Vikings(despite being in a different division). Broncos are way better and ev ...[text shortened]... ese puke teams and certainly cannot help them one bit for the next week they revert to toads!
LMAO! The Rams are a puke team? Compared to whom? Green Bay? Green Bay sucks they only beat the Aints by one point! Arguably the worst team in football right now and they could only just win it! Where is that epic offense?

The Rams are inches away from being 3-1, literally. Not quite a puke team.