Best Ever Football Manager...

Best Ever Football Manager...

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
28 Feb 07

I always liked Jock Stein. The ethos that his teams played the game should be an example to all football. First Brit manager to bring home the European cup with Celtic. Great loss to the game when he died.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
10 Mar 07

Originally posted by Mong
I always liked Jock Stein. The ethos that his teams played the game should be an example to all football. First Brit manager to bring home the European cup with Celtic. Great loss to the game when he died.
Jocks big mistake was having anything to do with L**ds United.

p

Moves
11 Mar 07

Originally posted by blade68
For me it has to be Brian Clough...
Titles with two different teams, and 2x European Cups with an unfashionable side, who 3 years earlier were in the 2nd Division...
Excelled in getting the very best out of some mediocre players.

The man was a master motivator, told it how it was, and should've had the England job.

RIP Cloughie!
Brian may finally have some competition.

My school teams are on a two match unbeaten run. Against Eton, we were 3-0 down at half time but after my team talk........

OK so it was Eton's 6th team,

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
19 May 07

Although Cloughie would still be my first choice, I have to admit that Ferguson's longevity, and Mourinho's potential are impressive...

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
19 May 07

Benitez is an obvious shout manageging to win the champions league with djimi traore as a full back

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
19 May 07

Originally posted by John1916
Benitez is an obvious shout manageging to win the champions league with djimi traore as a full back
🙄

Does Benitez not pick the team?

D

J

Cavan, Ireland

Moves
19 May 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
🙄

Does Benitez not pick the team?

D
he had no alternative

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
19 May 07

I've no idea who the greatest is but odds are strongly against British managers with the exception of perhaps Alf Ramsey have any Brits done much on the world scene?

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
20 May 07

Originally posted by Tirau Dan
I've no idea who the greatest is but odds are strongly against British managers with the exception of perhaps Alf Ramsey have any Brits done much on the world scene?
It's more aimed at club managers. So anyone would be struggling on a world stage!

tw

Moves
20 May 07

I can't believe that Morinhio got a mention. My gran could manage a team with a blank cheque book.

I'd hate to guess who the best manager is or was, but I'll guarantee no-one will have heard of them.

I't one thing attracting big names, to a big club, with a big salary, it's a completely different requirement to do reasonably well with little of no resources.

The best managers are those at smaller clubs.

L

Moves
20 May 07

hi

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
20 May 07

Originally posted by the weasel
I can't believe that Morinhio got a mention. My gran could manage a team with a blank cheque book.

I'd hate to guess who the best manager is or was, but I'll guarantee no-one will have heard of them.

I't one thing attracting big names, to a big club, with a big salary, it's a completely different requirement to do reasonably well with little of no resources.

The best managers are those at smaller clubs.
Post of the year. 😵

ROa
Always a Red

LA

Moves
22 May 07

Best 3 Managers:

(1) Sir Alex Ferguson
Won the League and in Europe in Scotland, breaking the Rangers/Celtic stranglehold.
Created 3 completely different English Championship winning teams at Manchester United after taking the job at a club that had a bunch of over paid losers playing for them.
The only English Manager to win The Treble.

(2) Fabio Capello
Won everything in multiple countries.

(3) Brian Cluff
No explanation needed.

3 Most Over rated managers

(1)
Bob Paisley
Took over a winning team in England and Europe and won a few cups when the competition was pityful in both England and Europe.
Left the managers position when he could see the beginnings of a terminal decline for Liverpool into becoming a cup team at the soon to be knocked down 'Theatre of Memories' - This was Anfield.

(2)
Graham Souness
Show him a cheque book and he will show you how to use it, badly.
Give him a call, tell him you are George Weah and you have a top prospect for him......

(3)
Rafa Beneithus
Took over a Valencia side that was already a great side and won an odd trophy.
Has not bought or developed a single good player at Liverpool.
His teams play the most dull boring football imaginable.
Won the CL final in 2005, was it because of his tactical genious at playing Kewell in a free roming role until he got injured, or was it because StevieG put in one of the most impressive single handed 2nd half game saving perfromances ever seen?

R

Moves
22 May 07

Sir Alex Fergusan

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
22 May 07

Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
Best 3 Managers:

(1) Sir Alex Ferguson
Won the League and in Europe in Scotland, breaking the Rangers/Celtic stranglehold.
Created 3 completely different English Championship winning teams at Manchester United after taking the job at a club that had a bunch of over paid losers playing for them.
The only English Manager to win The Treble.

...[text shortened]... G put in one of the most impressive single handed 2nd half game saving perfromances ever seen?
You seem to have a major problem with anyone associated with Anfield.

I like some of your posts, but this overwhelming hatred of anything red scouse sometimes makes you come across as unknowledgeable.