Beckham is Coming!

Beckham is Coming!

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
24 Jul 07

Originally posted by Red Night
This is not a response to P or to slim jim who has made several similiar comments.

This is a broader statement to our european friends. Don't take the strong statements made by some of my fellow countrymen as indicitive of US feelings about soccer. It is becoming a much bigger sport over here. It is extremely popular with the youth and is rapidly bec ...[text shortened]... w the people making them as feeling threatened by the rapidly rising popularity of soccer here.
Rapidly rising following of soccer here in the US. ROTFLMAO!!! Who is your dealer? I need some of the stuff you are smoking. If you think some washed up soccer star is going to chanbe the minds of Americans toward soccer. I have one word for that. Pele. Greatest player that ever lived and noboby here cared.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
24 Jul 07

By the year 2050, the spanish speaking population in the US is projected to exceed 100 million people.

Unlike the rolling stones, time is decidedly not on your side Mr. Van Winkle.
That's why second generation Hispanics are cheering on the Dallas Cowboys instead of soccer right?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Jul 07

Originally posted by slimjim
I have one word for that. Pele. Greatest player that ever lived and noboby here cared.
Except for the 78,000 people who packed Giants stadium to see him play over 30 years ago.

I really have no interest in debating this point with either you or Phlabbibibibibit. You have voiced your opinion, however confused and misguided, and I have voiced mine.

I wanted only to make it clear to the many foreigners who read these threads that I did not believe that your collective opinion that NO ONE watched soccer in the US was true.

However, I agree with you that Beckham will not make the tremendous difference he is being hyped up to make.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
24 Jul 07

Except for the 78,000 people who packed Giants stadium to see him play over 30 years ago.

I really have no interest in debating this point with either you or Phlabbibibibibit. You have voiced your opinion, however confused and misguided, and I have voiced mine.

I wanted only to make it clear to the many foreigners who read these threads that I did ...[text shortened]... gree with you that Beckham will not make the tremendous difference he is being hyped up to make.
Oh hell I can get 78,000 to go see an wrestling match with the WWE. Sure the people went to see Pele at first. After a couple of weeks of falling asleep watching people fall down and cry to get a penalty it was back to usual. Soccer or Football sucks. That's all there is to that.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
24 Jul 07

Oh hell I can get 78,000 to go see an wrestling match with the WWE. Sure the people went to see Pele at first. After a couple of weeks of falling asleep watching people fall down and cry to get a penalty it was back to usual. Soccer or Football sucks. That's all there is to that.
They should hire you then because the WWE has never had a crowd that large in the USA.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
25 Jul 07

They should hire you then because the WWE has never had a crowd that large in the USA.
I don't think they need me since they have had a couple of them over 80,000 paying fans. Wrestlmania III in Detroit had 80,103 fans in attendance. So much for that argument.

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
25 Jul 07
2 edits

I don't think they need me since they have had a couple of them over 80,000 paying fans. Wrestlmania III in Detroit had 80,103 fans in attendance. So much for that argument.
Keep watching wrestling and dreaming of a soccer-free world.

I really didn't want to debate with you in the first place and I particularly don't want to discuss wrestling in the "sports" forum.

d

Moves
25 Jul 07

I really didn't want to debate with you in the first place and I particularly don't want to discuss wrestling in the "sports" forum.
Why not? Professional wrestlers are AMERICA's MOST FAMOUS ATHLETES.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by darvlay
Why not? Professional wrestlers are AMERICA's MOST FAMOUS ATHLETES.
Wrestlers are not athletes, they're entertainers.

d

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by Palynka
Wrestlers are not athletes, they're entertainers.
Or as we call them... ATHLENTERTETES.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Jul 07

Originally posted by darvlay
Or as we call them... [b]ATHLENTERTETES.[/b]
That's a bold statement.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
27 Jul 07
1 edit

Why? Is it because I blowed your statement concerning 80,000 fans at a wrestling match out of the water. I never said I wanted a soccer free word. You can watch that boring crap game as much as you like for all I care. The US will never be soccer crazy like the rest of the world.

t

Moves
27 Jul 07

Why? Is it because I blowed your statement concerning 80,000 fans at a wrestling match out of the water. I never said I wanted a soccer free word. You can watch that boring crap game as much as you like for all I care. The US will never be soccer crazy like the rest of the world.
And thank God the rest of the world, almost without exception, will never get behind that boring crap sport, American Football.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Jul 07

Originally posted by treetalk
And thank God the rest of the world, almost without exception, will never get behind that boring crap sport, American Football.
Oh, no! Please love our sport, please!

Who gives a rat's ass if you like our sport? We do, and that's enough.

P-

Luso-brasileiro

Cajamar, SP

Moves
27 Jul 07

This thread is about "The Sleeping Beauty", people! Let´s leave his busine$$ in peace!

About Beckham = The Sleeping Beauty: Thread 43807, page 4, 8th post.