Argentina qualify, will kick Englands A$$

Argentina qualify, will kick Englands A$$

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 09

all being well. 🙂

s

Moves
17 Oct 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
all being well. 🙂
You're not serious? Argentina sucks!

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
17 Oct 09

To be precise: Maradona blows.

And the substance he blows is known to everybody.

Gee, what a lousy coach Pelusa is.

rc

Moves
17 Oct 09

the last great English manager, Brian Clough (note i did not say manager of England, he was far too honest for that), stated that it was players that won matches, therefore irrespective of what Deigo likes to snort, i think the Argies have the players. Even Cloughie himself, was given to a 'few', beers and even encouraged his players to do the same, before major matches, in order to make them feel relaxed, controversial i know, but who can argue with success?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
17 Oct 09

Ironically enough, the best 'English' coach is... Fabio Capello! Dang! 😛

Argentina has an awesome generation of players: Messi, Di Maria,
Higuaín, Tévez, Agüero, etc. would be stars in any team in the whole
world.

In really tough, tight, and even matches, how the coach envisions the
game and how the set pieces are performed/defended, makes the
difference.

If you are speaking about matches Argentina vs. Luxembourg, though,
you are absolutely right. The coach could be an action figure of Austin
Powers and the outcome would be the same.

Moves
17 Oct 09

Originally posted by Seitse
Ironically enough, the best 'English' coach is... Fabio Capello! Dang! 😛

Argentina has an awesome generation of players: Messi, Di Maria,
Higuaín, Tévez, Agüero, etc. would be stars in any team in the whole
world.

In really tough, tight, and even matches, how the coach envisions the
game and how the set pieces are performed/defended, makes ...[text shortened]... ght. The coach could be an action figure of Austin
Powers and the outcome would be the same.
hhmm i was thinking about this the other day.. are the argentine players really that good? they've got someone playing at newcastle in their team, NEWCASTLE. and palermo recalled after 10 years? please, the guys only good at missing pens.

i'm not going to go man for man down the team but other than messi there isn't another player there who would walk into the brazil side. i'm not saying they're a bad group of players i'm just saying that like england if they had a good coach who knew wft he was doing they would have a chance, they don't and they don't. last 16 if lucky, goodnight argentina.

england will find another way to mess up in the quarters or maybe semis, holland the same. spain/brazil final for me but possibly germany and italy in there as well just because they know how to win.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
17 Oct 09

Originally posted by trev33
hhmm i was thinking about this the other day.. are the argentine players really that good? they've got someone playing at newcastle in their team, NEWCASTLE. and palermo recalled after 10 years? please, the guys only good at missing pens.

i'm not going to go man for man down the team but other than messi there isn't another player there who would walk int ...[text shortened]... or me but possibly germany and italy in there as well just because they know how to win.
You know what they say, bro: footie is a sport invented by the English,
and in which the Germans always win.

🙂

rc

Moves
17 Oct 09
1 edit

🙂
ah yes, Germany, Brazil, Chech Republic, Portugal or Spain, i dont care who it is, but i am petitioning the Scottish parliament to have them erect a statue in Maradonas honour, alongside other Scottish folk heroes, like William Wallace, Robert Bruce, Bonn Scott of AC/DC and James MacFadden.

Moves
17 Oct 09

Chech Republic,.
i see you've been paying attention 😵

as long as you need a goalkeeper in soccer england hasn't got a chance.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
17 Oct 09

ah yes, Germany, Brazil, Chech Republic, Portugal or Spain, i dont care who it is, but i am petitioning the Scottish parliament to have them erect a statue in Maradonas honour, alongside other Scottish folk heroes, like William Wallace, Robert Bruce, Bonn Scott of AC/DC and James MacFadden.
What about Sean Connery?

h

Moves
17 Oct 09

South Africa is going to win! YAAY!

*snigger snigger*

p

Moves
17 Oct 09
1 edit

Robbie , i can remember when you jocko,s had a good side when the old first division in England was full of Scottish footballers , but those days have gone !
William Wallace got chopped up , Robert the Bruce was an English man .
You can saviour the world cup because you can support all the teams playing against England , but its a bit like tossing your self off over your best mates girl friend [ if your from Edingburgh ...his boy friend .
I dont even get the chance to laugh at Scotland in a major tournament anymore , its not fair . Ouch eye the Noooo Jimmy !!!! 🙂🙂🙂

p

Moves
17 Oct 09

🙂
I would like to disagree with you there !!!! Ok maybe not :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

rc

Moves
17 Oct 09

What about Sean Connery?
Lol, nah, hes from Edinburgh, its practically England.

Moves
17 Oct 09

all being well. 🙂
Have you ever been south of Inverness?