Argentina best attacking team??

Argentina best attacking team??

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
10 Jun 08

Argentina have a multitude of attacking players to pick from. look at the likes of Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Crespo, Lavezzi, Higuain and the list goes on and on. but why do they fail against brazil? can anyone answer that question for me?

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
10 Jun 08

I didn't realise that Argentina was such a 'hot topic' during the Euro Championships... are they playing in that?

D

Moves
10 Jun 08

Originally posted by blade68
I didn't realise that Argentina was such a 'hot topic' during the Euro Championships... are they playing in that?
World Cup qualifiers on in South America I think...

After watching todays games Spanish attacking players can certainly rival any team in the world...

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
11 Jun 08

Originally posted by Pawafool
Argentina have a multitude of attacking players to pick from. look at the likes of Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Crespo, Lavezzi, Higuain and the list goes on and on. but why do they fail against brazil? can anyone answer that question for me?
Messi will be the next Maradon / Zidane.

Mark my words.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
12 Jun 08

Originally posted by shavixmir
Messi will be the next Maradon / Zidane.

Mark my words.
Maradona could only kick with one foot and Zidane was a bald Frenchman... Messi's welcome to your accolade!!!

m

Moves
13 Jun 08

Zidane was a bald Frenchman... Messi's welcome to your accolade!!!
A bald French genius though.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
13 Jun 08

Originally posted by mtthw
A bald French genius though.
His footballing talent was never in question! Merely his follicle attributes!

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
15 Jun 08

Maradona could only kick with one foot
You do realise that the only people in the whole wide world who don't appreciate Maradona are the English.

Now, why would that be? Because Maradona scored two of the best goals ever made against them? Yup. More than likely.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
16 Jun 08

You do realise that the only people in the whole wide world who don't appreciate Maradona are the English.

Now, why would that be? Because Maradona scored two of the best goals ever made against them? Yup. More than likely.
You're wrong actually.

I read an article in an Irish newspaper a couple of months ago, in which some unknown footballer called Pele was saying that Maradona could never be considered a great footballer for exactly the reasons I stated...

Also, what are these 2 goals you mention?

The fact is that although his 2nd against us in '86 could be considered decent, he would never have scored that if he hadn't already gained the 'upper hand' and psychological edge by cheating for the 1st goal.

S

Utrecht

Moves
17 Jun 08

And one dutchman as well Shav.
Maradonna could play great football, for sure, but he was a pain in the neck too. All that diving and crying for murder when someone lifted his toe. Nasty attitude.
And that high kick against some brazilian at some WC (86?) was outrageous.
To me that places him lower in rank than Pele, Cruyff, Bergkamp.

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
18 Jun 08

...not forgetting old Georgie Best!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
19 Jun 08

The attack of Mascherano on Anderson was indeed impressive. 😞

m

Moves
27 Jun 08

They suffer the lack of a good center forward. Crespo is old, Cruz is no big deal (and is also old). They have many skilled forwards, but they are all very short and all very young.

But they are not playing well lately. Brazil is also stinking.

m

Moves
27 Jun 08

To me that places him lower in rank than Pele, Cruyff, Bergkamp.[/b]
Bergkamp?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
27 Jun 08

Lol, it is sooo funny how hard it STILL aches to some English the goal with the hand by Maradona in Mexico '86, as well as the other beautiful one from midfield forward.

Oh well, they took the Falklands. Maradona took their football dignity in return.

Fair deal, isn't it? 😵