Andy Murray

Andy Murray

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Jul 12

Originally posted by sonhouse
So if you were a top 5 tennis player and you wouldn't cry or sniffle, you would take it like a MAN if you lost bigtime like that... Bullcrap.
That is right, I wouldn't cry, sniffle or otherwise show a level of selfish inappropriate emotion in the face of superior quality performance.

You of course are entitled to believe what you wish and imagine yourself behaving any way you see fit in such a circumstance.

Moves
10 Jul 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Are you assuming He will not cry When He wins Wimbledon, if men give themselves permission to cry more often the world might just be a better place.
My view is a little sensitive emotion when you win is appropriate; tears of self pity when you lose is not. It's just my opinion.

Moves
10 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Are you assuming He will not cry When He wins Wimbledon, if men give themselves permission to cry more often the world might just be a better place.
Perhaps your use of capitalisation will bring tears to some... 😛

st johnstone

Moves
10 Jul 12

Originally posted by divegeester
My view is a little sensitive emotion when you win is appropriate; tears of self pity when you lose is not. It's just my opinion.
so paul gascoigne crys his heart out during a game for getting booked, low and behold hes a national hero. andy murray does the same after the game and hes a spoilt brat? with you it seems what part of the uk the player is born in if he can behave in a certain way or not. as you have stated the guy is a multi millionaire, he certainly did not cry for the money, he cried because he thought he let down the 16.9 million fans that where watching, he was beat by the best player that has ever played no shame in that, no shame in showing your emotions. thats my opinion

Moves
10 Jul 12

That is right, I wouldn't cry, sniffle or otherwise show a level of selfish inappropriate emotion in the face of superior quality performance.

You of course are entitled to believe what you wish and imagine yourself behaving any way you see fit in such a circumstance.
Frankly, mate, with that attitude there is not a snowflake's chance in Hades that you'll ever be in the world's top four at anything except macho posturing.

Richard

Ro

Moves
10 Jul 12

How do you know?

Maybe Andy Murray thought exactly the same thing but, when it came to it, found something different.

I have read many accounts of people reacting very differently to situations previously unencountered to how they believed they would react. Sometimes this is for the better, sometimes for the worse.

Until you have dedicated yourself to sport to this level, faced the physical challenges and emotional disappointment etc, it is impossible for you to know. You may believe this, but you can't categorically know.

Ro

Moves
10 Jul 12

I have never heard Andy Murray make any self-pitying remark. When he has lost, he has generally acknowledged the superiority of his opponent or accepted he wasn't good enough and needs to improve.

Must tears in defeat always be self-pitying? Cannot emotions simply take over without you even understanding why?

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
10 Jul 12

Perhaps your use of capitalisation will bring tears to some... 😛
What can I say I've given myself permission to dream as well; shoot me.😞

Moves
10 Jul 12

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I have never heard Andy Murray make any self-pitying remark. When he has lost, he has generally acknowledged the superiority of his opponent or accepted he wasn't good enough and needs to improve.
you keep that close a watch on all his comments do you?

Moves
10 Jul 12

Cannot emotions simply take over without you even understanding why?
Sure, if you are having your period.

Ro

Moves
11 Jul 12

you keep that close a watch on all his comments do you?
What a straw man.

I have probably seen or read about 20 or 30 interviews after he has been defeated. In none of these has he shown himself to be self-pitying. Exactly the opposite.

Now, if you had said this about Sergio Garcia I would have agreed with you. He is always coming off the course complaining about his bad luck, how others seem to get the right breaks at the right time etc. He is very self-pitying.

Ro

Moves
11 Jul 12

Sure, if you are having your period.
Sarcastic, ignorant, inaccurate and sexist in just 7 words.

I have to admire your economy of expression.

Moves
11 Jul 12

Sarcastic, ignorant, inaccurate and sexist in just 7 words.

I have to admire your economy of expression.
Jeez, get a SoH dude.

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by roma45
so paul gascoigne crys his heart out during a game for getting booked, low and behold hes a national hero. andy murray does the same after the game and hes a spoilt brat? with you it seems what part of the uk the player is born in if he can behave in a certain way or not. as you have stated the guy is a multi millionaire, he certainly did not cry for the mone ...[text shortened]... layer that has ever played no shame in that, no shame in showing your emotions. thats my opinion
the difference is being aware of whats coming, for gazza it happened in a split second, out of nowhere his dream is crushed. he had no time to think, no time to understand what has just happened. as murrays game when on he got further and further into trouble, he can see whats coming well before the final ball is hit.

another thing to take into account is the fact that the world cup happens every 4 years, not only is it extremely hard to win, but you only get 2 or 3 chances for most players. murray is going to have a crack at wimbledon every year and also have all the other grand slams in between.

im not saying murray shouldnt have cried, but i would have rather seen some controlled anger or determination, getting beat in your own backyard in front of your own crowd should elicit a 'im not having this, next time im going to wipe the floor with you' kinda emotion.

st johnstone

Moves
11 Jul 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the difference is being aware of whats coming, for gazza it happened in a split second, out of nowhere his dream is crushed. he had no time to think, no time to understand what has just happened. as murrays game when on he got further and further into trouble, he can see whats coming well before the final ball is hit.

another thing to take into accou ...[text shortened]... ld elicit a 'im not having this, next time im going to wipe the floor with you' kinda emotion.
i think the worst thing about this is murray having a microphone rammed in his mouth about 1 minute after losing, the same goes for football managers, normally after the ref has made a huge blunder, the manager normally ends up on a charge, if the bbc had given murray a little time to compose him self before asking dumb questions, as for gazza he knew before the game started that a booking and he was banned for the next game, then slid in two footed tackle against the best divers in football, germany, he had 4 days to think about what could happen, not exactly spur of the moment reaction. when gazza played for randers he would go out in perth, met him a few times a total really nice guy, down to earth not big headed, i have seen even celtic fans in his company, as for murray he was still in it untill he lost the last game