2013 NFL Season News & Points of View

2013 NFL Season News & Points of View

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Moves
23 Sep 13

Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
No, but I would say that for most games. No week 1 win at home or on the road should be used to prove a team is not good.

I guess you had the miners steam rolling through the whole season. Typical miners fan, they have a couple good seasons and all of a sudden you'd think Joe Montana and Jerry Rice were playing in their prime again.
"I guess you had the miners steam rolling through the whole season."

An interesting take considering I've never said, nor implied such a thing. In fact, I talked about how tough of a schedule the 49ers have.

Who's your team? I'm just wondering which fan base is represented by dull, window licking mouth breathers who can't read, such as yourself.

MC

Moves
23 Sep 13

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
"I guess you had the miners steam rolling through the whole season."

An interesting take considering I've never said, nor implied such a thing. In fact, I talked about how tough of a schedule the 49ers have.

Who's your team? I'm just wondering which fan base is represented by dull, window licking mouth breathers who can't read, such as yourself.
Yet it wasn't fairly predictable for them to start 1-2? Lmao!

I've dropped enough hints by now for you to figure out Im for the Colts but just in case you're having problems I'll tell you again. Im a Colts fan.

Z

Moves
27 Sep 13

Any hot tips this week?

I like the Ravens as 3 pt road dogs against a depleted Bills D.
I'll take the over on the Bears-Lions tilt as well (46.5)

MC

Moves
27 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Zamboner
Any hot tips this week?

Yes, I garauntee the Saints cover the spread against the Dolphins. The Dolphins are following the 2012 Cardinals blue print, meaning they aren't as good as their record says because they can't continue to win close games when their O line has more holes than swiss cheese.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
29 Sep 13
2 edits

NFL Block Party in London draws half a million fans

By Henry Hodgson NFL.com (Published: Sept. 28, 2013 at 12:42 p.m. Updated: Sept. 28, 2013 at 07:46 p.m.)

"LONDON -- More than half a million people were drawn to the NFL Block Party on Saturday afternoon, as Regent Street, in London's busiest shopping district, was closed down for the day to play home to football fans celebrating before Sunday's game between the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Minnesota Vikings.

NFL Exposure: 2013 International Series
Take a look at photos of the NFL across the pond as the Steelers and Vikings prepare for battle.

NFL fans wearing every one of the 32 team jerseys (yes, I counted them myself) were out in force, enjoying a string of delights put on by the NFL and eating American-themed food.

The main attraction, though, was a stage upon which appeared a host of big-name talent from the Steelers and Vikings, including both teams' head coaches, likely future Hall of Famers in Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu of the Steelers, and Vikings stars Adrian Peterson and Jared Allen.

All of the players and coaches who appeared on stage exited stunned by the level of support, as fans from across the world turned out to see them and cheer them on before the game.

"Shout out to London," said Pittsburgh's two-time Super Bowl-winning cornerback Ike Taylor. "There are so many Steelers fan here."

"We are just excited to be here powered by the fan support for this football game," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said as he addressed the crowd. "It's an honor to represent you guys. We appreciate the fan support, we are excited about this football game, and we are honored to be here."

Fans also were treated to appearances by the Vikings' ''Skol" drumline, and, of course, the Vikings cheerleaders, who received bigger cheers than even the reigning MVP Peterson.

Kinkhabwala: London football, A to Z Leading up to Steelers- Vikings in London, Aditi Kinkhabwala provides everything you need to know about the game. READ

The next generation of future British NFL stars was being groomed on a small AstroTurf field built in the middle of the road, as droves of 5 to 10-year-olds got some expert coaching, courtesy of the NFL's Play 60 campaign.

With British-born Menelik Watson, Jack Crawford and Lawrence Okoye all entering the NFL in the past two years, there's suddenly a path for aspiring youngsters to make it to the NFL from within Europe.

"It's so much fun to play," said 7-year-old Tom. "I sometimes watch NFL games with my dad on TV, but I hadn't played until today. I had a great time."

While the Steelers and Vikings both own 0-3 records, British fans' spirits weren't dampened ahead of Sunday's game.

"It's going to be a great game," said Steve, Mark and Leon, a trio of fans sporting matching Ben Roethlisberger jerseys. "We're expecting it to be a close one, but the Steelers are going to come out on top."

Duncan, a Vikings supporter from London wearing a Daunte Culpepper jersey that must have been a decade old, was hopeful about his team's chances of finally getting their first win of the season.

"We've been so close in the last couple of games, that this is the one we're going to win," he said. "I don't think the Steelers can stop Adrian Peterson."

Whether the Steelers can stop Peterson will be discovered Sunday, but on Saturday, Regent Street shoppers learned one thing for sure -- the NFL can stop traffic in London."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000251637/article/nfl-block-party-in-london-draws-half-a-million-fans

Took Pittsburgh -1.5 with mixed feelings.

MC

Moves
29 Sep 13

Crazy game in Texas right now.

Moves
29 Sep 13

Crazy game in Texas right now.
Houston wrapped this one up, tied the prettiest of bows on top and then sprinkled some sugar on top before presenting it to the Seahawks.

MC

Moves
29 Sep 13

Originally posted by neilarini
Houston wrapped this one up, tied the prettiest of bows on top and then sprinkled some sugar on top before presenting it to the Seahawks.
I don't know. The seahawks were notorious for their slow 10 am road starts last year. Remember the epic almost comeback against the falcons last year? It's hard to tell which team is better after a game like that.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
29 Sep 13
1 edit

Moves
29 Sep 13

I don't know. The seahawks were notorious for their slow 10 am road starts last year. Remember the epic almost comeback against the falcons last year? It's hard to tell which team is better after a game like that.
Seahawks are dangerous, and they started slow but Houston threw that one away big time!

MC

Moves
29 Sep 13

Seahawks are dangerous, and they started slow but Houston threw that one away big time!
Yes, but then you can claim that any time a team loses after being up by two scores that they threw it away, shaub threw two picks but he also shredded that vaunted secondary in the first half. The two picks were expected but shaub throwing almost 400 yds? Against lesser opposition they would have won. I learned before that it goes both ways, you earn your wins and losses. Both teams earned the result they achieved.

In other news, the colts won!

Moves
29 Sep 13

Yes, but then you can claim that any time a team loses after being up by two scores that they threw it away, shaub threw two picks but he also shredded that vaunted secondary in the first half. The two picks were expected but shaub throwing almost 400 yds? Against lesser opposition they would have won. I learned before that it goes both ways, you earn y ...[text shortened]... r wins and losses. Both teams earned the result they achieved.

In other news, the colts won!
I hear what your saying. The same team always wins - the best team. Still think the Texans could, and should, have done a lot better in closing the game out.

And it 'aint news beating the Jags. They suck big time.

MC

Moves
29 Sep 13

I hear what your saying. The same team always wins - the best team. Still think the Texans could, and should, have done a lot better in closing the game out.

And it 'aint news beating the Jags. They suck big time.
True but they did what they were supposed to and won big. The jags schedule really isn't fair considering how poor they did last year.

MC

Moves
29 Sep 13

Uh oh, Jake locker is carted off the field. Hope he's ok. That sucks, that game is all but over too.

Z

Moves
30 Sep 13

Originally posted by Zamboner
Any hot tips this week?

1 fer 2