2010 Tri Nations

2010 Tri Nations

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New York

Moves
27 Aug 10

Yeah, should be a cracker. Even though the Tri-Nations title is decided, both these teams have a lot to play for. The Boks for Matfields 100th, plus the fact they need to snap this horrid losing streak then there's Aussie, who need wins to get the public back on side.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
30 Aug 10

Nice Finish by the Boks but still get the impression Aussie are a work in progress.. just hope they don't lose confidence (if they have any) in Robbie Deans).

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
30 Aug 10

Horrible defensive play and bad option taking by both teams, with small mistakes costing both sides.
Neither side, at this moment, looks like they have anything to stop the All Blacks next year and they'll have to sort themselves out.

January is horribly out of form and needs to go. Francois Hougaard is breath of fresh air and JP Peterson showed that we missed his experience and calm head on the wing. Habana has seemigly lost all his sprk and needs to be replaced by Gio Aplon.

If we can just get our best team ready this year we might have a chance.
Fourie du Preez and Heinrich Brussouw should be back from injury at the end of the year, plus it was good to see Juan Smith back to his best.

New York

Moves
30 Aug 10

Agreed. The Springbok team with Juan Smith in it is a vastly better side. Love watching him play.

B

Moves
30 Aug 10

Yeah horrible defence from both sides was the order of the day, made for a fun spectacle for the impartial observer though.

I can't believe SA even started Habana given his lack of form this series but not taking him off at half time in this particular game and leaving Aplon - who was superb against the ABs - out of the team is criminal coaching.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
05 Sep 10

Well done Aus.. The Great Escape..

shocker for Habana
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/best-of-sport-analysis/news/article.cfm?c_id=1502180&objectid=10671304

will this be enough to save Robbie Deans or execute Devilliers.

B

Moves
05 Sep 10

Yeah stunning finish. When Beale stepped up to take that kick I was thinking "no chance" but then he calmly slotted it straight through the uprights and my Aussie mate next to me went nuts. Epic game!

I don't think you can blame Deans for the Wallabies form really, he just doesn't have the players at the moment especially with all the injuries.

Personally I think de Villiers should stay. Not only because of the entertainment he provides us with his crazy comments off the field but also because of his clear lack of coaching ability on it. If he stays it can only be good for the All Blacks come the world cup! 😉

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
06 Sep 10

It was entertaining, although both sides seem to crumble under pressure. The boks can't seem to start a game without nerves jangling and the wallaby inexperience showed when the boks started carrying the ball.

The wallabies are at least in a position where their players will get more settled and experienced and then they will be a real force. The boks have a problem where their senior players have to play out of their skins to come back from early pressure, and this will surely burn these guys out.

De Villiers is showing his inability to coach at this level as the sheen of Jake White's legacy is being washed away.
John Smit is a great player, but is just not cutting it anymore at this level. He played his best game in ages, but was still only just in the game.
Bryan Habana has truly lost the plot now and needs to be replaced ASAP.
Pierre Spies is also seemingly struggling and Morne Steyn has showed that he needs to always be on the front foot, else he looks decidedly ordinary.

Unfortunately, as a good buddy of mine says: "It's easier to play yourself into a bok side than it is to play yourself OUT of it..."
It seems that once the selectors and coaching staff make a decision to include a player, their form just does not matter anymore. Sure, there is something to be said for some loyalty to proven, experienced players, but this is bordering on madness now.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
07 Sep 10

Haha, Jake White has now publicly stated he and Eddie Jones a re available to take the boks to glory in 12 month's time.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
12 Sep 10

6 love.. great to see the abs coming through strong to the finishing whistle something they didn't for a long time and five changes with the pressure off the cup win the depth is starting to shine too. Aus really did nothing wrong... they'll continue to improve but the 10 win streak over Aus may well have Robbie sent away smarting.

PS :Has anyone confirmed their RWC 2011 ticket ballot entires yet.. I'm in getting packs for Uk rellies coming over - expensive business though .. got the first and second ballots venue packs now to wait until 20th Oct to find out how many individual tickets we got.