2010 NFL Season 'Big Pond Pub'

2010 NFL Season 'Big Pond Pub'

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
05 Jul 10

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Yes, two competitive events planned open to all 'Big Pond Pub' Regulars.

Announcement to follow.
Are there plans for a Fantasy Football League here this year?

Maybe on Yahoo, or maybe NFL.com?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
05 Jul 10

[In anticipation of the crowd's wave of boo's]
Go Browns!

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Go Browns!
Browns??
I didn't know Cleveland still had a team!!! 😲

s

Moves
06 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Go Browns!
NO boos! They've now got a proven winner in Colt McCoy. He might do for the Browns what Sanchez did for the Jets. I would never underestimate the Browns. They already have a solid foundation. A tweak here, a tweak there. One never knows. 49rs wer big losers forever and ever and then in came Montana! I see McCoy in the same mold. I wish my Cowbiys had picked him instead of locker room cancer in waiting Dez Bryant!

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10
1 edit

*** Will there be friendly competition among Sports Forum posters? Yes, two competitive events planned...

Your 'Big Pond Pub' first wishes to thank all RHP Members (curious readers and thoughtful posters alike from around the globe) for a successful opening day in cyberspace which exceeded expectation. Both competitive events planned for the 2010 NFL Season share the same focus. Only question on the table at the moment is which of the thirty two teams will win Super Bowl XLV to be played on February 6, 2011, at the new state of the art Dallas Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

Level #1 Challenge - "Three Team Picks, Please" (simple hip shot)

All pub members are invited to predict the 2010 NFL Season Super Bowl Winner. Everyone gets to make three guesses, selecting any AFC or NFC Teams, ranked in order of confidence #1-3. Member with highest ranked pick wins the heightened esteem of all regulars and bragging rights during the 2011 off season. Selections due by August 31, 2010. In the event of a two or more pub member tie the 2010 NFL Super Bowl Winner’s Opponent, if one of your picks, will serve as the tie-breaker.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10

Laugh if you must but I'll go against the popular grain with 1) Tennessee Titans, 2) Carolina Panthers, 3) Houston Texans.

S

Internet

Moves
06 Jul 10

1) Colts
2) Cowboys
3) Ravens

s

Moves
06 Jul 10

I will look at training camps before I make my picks. It is always hard to pick. Who had the Saints last year, for example? Colts is always an easy pick because they are perennially in the mix. Picking the Texans is a much bolder move. This may be their year. Got all the pieces in place indeed!

Moves
06 Jul 10

[b]Level #1 Challenge - "Three Team Picks, Please" (simple hip shot)

...................................................[/b]
The way I see it:

1. Indy
2. Eagles
3. San Diego (despite Norv Turner)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Coronel
The way I see it:

1. Indy
2. Eagles
3. San Diego (despite Norv Turner)
Thanks for your picks, Coronel. Please help us understand your sense of Norv Turner's liabilities.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by Svin1
[b]Level #1 Challenge - "Three Team Picks, Please" (simple hip shot)

1) Colts
2) Cowboys
3) Ravens[/b]
Appreciate your timely selections, Svin, all the way from Denmark. By the way,

my ancestral paternal/maternal family tree heritage is firmly rooted in Sweden.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
I will look at training camps before I make my picks. It is always hard to pick. Who had the Saints last year, for example? Colts is always an easy pick because they are perennially in the mix. Picking the Texans is a much bolder move. This may be their year. Got all the pieces in place indeed!
Take your sweet time, Scacchi. On the other hand, this is only our Level #1 (hip shot).

May I suggest saving something for our Level #2 Challenge (post season enhanced).

k

Moves
06 Jul 10

[b]*** Will there be friendly competition among Sports Forum posters? Yes, two competitive events planned...

Your 'Big Pond Pub' first wishes to thank all RHP Members (curious readers and thoughtful posters alike from around the globe) for a successful opening day in cyberspace which exceeded expectation. Both competitive events planned for t ...[text shortened]... ker.

..............................................................................[/b]
Hello, Sir Bob. Now I know nothing about American football, but I'm very fond of competitions, as you may remember. So it would be nice to have a list of teams with a realistic chance of winning, from which I (with considerable input from Cynthia, of course) could pick 3 at random.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jul 10

Originally posted by kes29
Hello, Sir Bob. Now I know nothing about American football, but I'm very fond of competitions, as you may remember. So it would be nice to have a list of teams with a realistic chance of winning, from which I (with considerable input from Cynthia, of course) could pick 3 at random.
So very pleased you're here... so much so, 'Big Pond Pub' will plan to open the Grey Goose (and serve it to your liking

with pickles). Meanwhile, please check out the op NFL links. Kindest regards to both you and Cynthia. ~wobbly bobby

..................................................................................

S

Internet

Moves
06 Jul 10

Appreciate your timely selections, Svin, all the way from Denmark. By the way,

my ancestral paternal/maternal family tree heritage is firmly rooted in Sweden.
Cheers. Unfortunately I didn't get to watch more than a few games last season. In the seasons before that, Colts and Steelers seemed the most consistent to me, but I understand that Roethlisberger is now suspended so I'll go for Colts.

Cowboys and Ravens are just wild guesses based on tiny glimpses from last season.

Sweden is great, I'll probably defect to either there or Norway some day :p