Zarathushtra

Zarathushtra

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Dec 05

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
The real world or this world?

I feel compelled to point out that Zarathustra's name is supposed to mean "one who owns old camels".
I feel compelled to point out that Zarathustra's name is supposed to mean "one who owns old camels".

A palpable hit. 😵

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Dec 05

Originally posted by Halitose
What other world but this one has a jury?
So why are you going on about the real world???

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Dec 05

So why are you going on about the real world???
Allow me to quote:

Who's counting the wrongs you commit? When you start behaving in a right manner, your life is transformed. Your past wrongs become irrelevant. You can just let them go.

It just doesn't work that way in reality.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Dec 05

Originally posted by Halitose
It just doesn't work that way in reality.
It does in mine, man.

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
19 Dec 05

It does in mine, man.
Very well.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
That's what [b]you have to demonstrate. You claim that sympathy and empathy is what keeps men moral. Since these men were clearly not moral, you need to demonstrate to me that these men lacked those attributes. Otherwise, you cannot justify your claim.[/b]

Oh, I'm sorry...I must have missed the thread where you conclusively demonstrated that our morality is divinely implanted. Until I find it, I'll just have to assume that you have no way of knowing whether Manson and Hitler didn't have some vestiges of morality, however heinous their crimes.

"Dumbing it down" for me? ROTFL. Have you forgotten the high school math lesson you received from me not too long ago?

No, Mr. High-and-Mighty, it was great. Helped me pass my mid-term with a D+. Thanks!

My point is that it will [b]not prevent you from doing these things - you can still do them if you choose to.[/b]

uh, sure. Nor will a belief in a Great Big Spirit in the Sky prevent you from embezzling funds, drinking whisky to celebrate and then going out and having pre-marital sex....if you choose. So?

What's your rationale for being moral?

It makes me feel good. It helps create solid relationships with other people. Are you telling me if you weren't being threatened with eternal damnation, you'd be out snorting lines of coke off the ass-cracks of adolescent prostitutes?

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
20 Dec 05
3 edits

Originally posted by David C
[b]That's what you have to demonstrate. You claim that sympathy and empathy is what keeps men moral. Since these men were clearly not moral, you need to demonstrate to me that these men lacked those attributes. Otherwise, you cannot justify your claim.[/b]

Oh, I'm sorry...I must have missed the thread where you conclusively demonstrated al damnation, you'd be out snorting lines of coke off the ass-cracks of adolescent prostitutes?[/b]
Jeez, you cant be becoming like no1marauder like this so please dont compare LH's coke taking habit to that of Ivanhoe's

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Dec 05

snorting lines of coke off the ass-cracks of adolescent prostitutes?
Don't you find that to lead to unacceptable losses of coke?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Don't you find that to lead to unacceptable losses of coke?
It's the first sign that a coke-head is losing his marbles.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
20 Dec 05

It's the first sign that a coke-head is losing his marbles.
And that's a piss-poor place to be looking for them, too.

s

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
And that's a piss-poor place to be looking for them, too.
Would you all please leave. I'm feeling miserable today, and prefer that you go kidnap some else's thread, thank you. 😠

Let this one just drop into blessed oblivion if you have nothing to comment on Zarathustra. 😞

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
20 Dec 05

Originally posted by stocken
Would you all please leave. I'm feeling miserable today, and prefer that you go kidnap some else's thread, thank you. 😠

Let this one just drop into blessed oblivion if you have nothing to comment on Zarathustra. 😞
Sorry, stock...it's a worthy thread. Don't let it die, I'll even let Hammy have the last ad hominem I know is on the way...

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
21 Dec 05

Merry Yalda, y'all!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yalda

l

London

Moves
21 Dec 05

Sorry, stock...it's a worthy thread. Don't let it die, I'll even let Hammy have the last ad hominem I know is on the way...
(OK, since you asked nicely...)

There's a difference between a jibe, a straight insult and an ad hominem. Look them up.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
21 Dec 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
(OK, since you asked nicely...)

There's a difference between a jibe, a straight insult and an ad hominem. Look them up.
Thanks...for not disappointing.