Your Jesus and you.

Your Jesus and you.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Moves
01 Jun 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Is YOUR Jesus really going to send YOU to hell?
Firstly and most importantly, Jesus is not going to send anyone to hell, it is us, ourselves that make that determination by how we choose to live in this life. God is going to deal with sin, and if we are in sin... we go along for the ride so to speak. It's our choice.

Much in the same way if we put our hand of our own volition into a flame we will surely be burned, people who continue a life in sin will be destroyed, consumed, burnt up and be no more (from what I see in scripture) or whatever term you choose. Burnt up, consumed is forever.

Personally not existing any longer is more frighting than an eternal suffering, but we don't have that choice.

The wages of sin is death, and that is forever.

The following is take from this website... http://www.allaboutgod.com/what-is-sin.htm

What Is Sin

What Is Sin - The Big Question
We live in a culture where the concept of sin has become entangled in legalistic arguments over right and wrong. When many of us consider "What is sin?" we think of violations of the Ten Commandments. Even then, we tend to think of murder and adultery as "major" sins compared with lying, cursing, or idolatry.

The truth is that sin, as defined in the original translations of the Bible, means "to miss the mark." The mark, in this case, is the standard of perfection established by God and evidenced by Jesus. Viewed in that light, it is clear that we are all sinners.

The Apostle Paul says in Romans 3:23: "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

In light of this, it does no good to compare ourselves to others. We cannot escape our failure to be righteous in our own strength. This is by God's design, because only when we understand our weakness will we consider relying on the atoning sacrifice of Jesus.

What Is Sin - A Biblical Perspective
Sin is mentioned hundreds of times in the Bible, starting with the "original" sin when Adam and Eve ate of the tree of knowledge. Often it seems as if sin is simply the violation of any of God's laws, including the Ten Commandments.

Paul, however, puts this in perspective in Romans 3:20, when he says, "Therefore no one will be declared righteous in His sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin."

God wanted us to recognize our sins. Even those who have not murdered or committed adultery will find themselves convicted of lying, or of worshipping false idols like wealth or power ahead of God.

Tragically, sin in any amount will distance us from God.

"Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short to save, nor His ear too dull to hear," says Isaiah 59:1-2. "But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear."

We must resist the temptation to act as if we are righteous, especially by leaning on our good works.

"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives" (1 John 1:8-10).

What Is Sin - A Call to Repentance
The good news in all of this is that, once we recognize ourselves as sinners, we need only to repent and embrace Jesus to be forgiven. Jesus can forgive us because he died and rose again three days later in victory over sin and death.

The Apostle Paul refers to this process of recognizing sin and being responsible for it as "godly sorrow."

"Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death," Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 7:10-11. "See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. At every point you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter."

Hope that answers your question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jun 17
2 edits

If you don't want to answer, then fine. It would shed light on your view.
You know my view on your shallow OP.

I'm asking you to produce the "quotes" you claim to have.
If you can't produce them then you should consider apologising for claiming you do.

c

Moves
01 Jun 17

Originally posted by divegeester
You know my view on your shallow OP.

I'm asking you to produce the "quotes" you claim to have.
If you can't produce them then you should consider apologising for claiming you do.
So you are not going to hell.

That wasn't hard, now was it?

Please show my words saying I had "Dive quotes". I see you are acting like your old self again, too bad, you were likeable for a day.

c

Moves
01 Jun 17

Originally posted by leunammi
Firstly and most importantly, Jesus is not going to send anyone to hell, it is us, ourselves that make that determination by how we choose to live in this life. God is going to deal with sin, and if we are in sin... we go along for the ride so to speak. It's our choice.

Much in the same way if we put our hand of our own volition into a flame we will ...[text shortened]... t you have proved yourselves to be innocent in this matter."

Hope that answers your question.
Well, I personally don't see anyone going to hell. I recently posted in another thread that the sacrifice of Jesus was too great for that.

God may judge us, and we may have our own personal price to pay.....depending on the severity of sin....but not hell.

c

Moves
01 Jun 17

Well, I personally don't see anyone going to hell. I recently posted in another thread that the sacrifice of Jesus was too great for that.

God may judge us, and we may have our own personal price to pay.....depending on the severity of sin....but not hell.
If Dive didn't always seek confrontation, he would likely agree with this.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jun 17
2 edits

Firstly and most importantly, Jesus is not going to send anyone to hell, it is us...
Oh I see, it's our fault.

It's our fault that god had to create us, allowed satan to mess with us, and then he's judged us. But...in the meantime he has created this place, a place of unimaginable flesh-melting horror, where he will supernaturally keep billions of people alive while he tortures them for eternity.

Sorry, I got carried away there...you were saying that it's our fault, please carry on.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jun 17
4 edits

Please show my words saying I had "Dive quotes".
You're the one who mentioned "quotes"... You posted on page one: "not just some abstract Jesus, with quotes."

Jeez.

Edit: what quotes?

l

Moves
01 Jun 17
2 edits

Oh I see, it's our fault.

It's our fault that god had to create us, allow satan to mess with us, and then judge us. But...in the meantime he has created this place, a place of unimaginable flesh-melting horror, where he will supernaturally keep billions of people alive while he tortures them for eternity.

Sorry, I got carried away there...you were saying that it's our fault, please carry on.
Did you read my post, or are you just acting out?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jun 17

Did you read what I posted, or are yoy jusr acting out?
I'm responding to the piece I quoted. If I've misquoted or misrepresented you then please correct me.

c

Moves
01 Jun 17

You're the one who mentioned "quotes" you idiot. You posted on page one: "not just some abstract Jesus, with quotes."

Jeez.

Edit: what guides??!!
I was referring to the quotes of Jesus....in the Bible...about sin and hell. Not you.

Apologies if I was unclear.

Note: Dive quotes no longer needed....please see above rant.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Jun 17
1 edit

I was referring to the quotes of Jesus....in the Bible...about sin and hell.
What quotes?

c

Moves
01 Jun 17

What quotes?
Are you seriously saying you are unaware of Jesus talking about sin and hell?

l

Moves
01 Jun 17

I'm responding to the piece I quoted. If I've misquoted or misrepresented you then please correct me.
Hmmm. I dont see where anything you stated was a quote or attributed to something i said. Could you please clarify your point or question?

c

Moves
01 Jun 17

Hmmm. I dont see where anything you stated was a quote or attributed to something i said. Could you please clarify your point or question?
In your first sentence, you said it's our fault for being 'sent' to hell, and not Jesus.

l

Moves
01 Jun 17

In your first sentence, you said it's our fault for being 'sent' to hell, and not Jesus.
You made many statements there bucky which I did not make, a little bit disingenious.

Hell (whatever you interpret that as being), is a choice we make by our life here on earth. Do you agree/disagree?