1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    13 May '14 13:37
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Well Big Bang theory also 'stretches out the heavens' but it still shows the universe to be 14 odd billion years old. BTW, the 'heavens' are being stretched out as we speak, the entire universe gets bigger second by second and there are parts of the universe we can never even see because light from those stars there are stretched out so far the light can ne ...[text shortened]... cta from the Yucatan made it 1500 feet deep of crushed and shocked rock, all the way to Bermuda?
    He cannot. Yucatan is not mentioned in his bible. Therefore he doesn't know anything about it.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '14 14:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    He cannot. Yucatan is not mentioned in his bible. Therefore he doesn't know anything about it.
    Bible, hell! It probably is unknown in his whole state🙂
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    14 May '14 02:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Holy Bible mentions many times that God stretched out the heavens, so I believe that has something to do with the space/time and light/distance or the so-called Light/Travel problem.

It is something I am not really concerned much about since it is clear from Genesis that there is no millions or billions of years to be found there. It is also clear th ...[text shortened]... out this and one or a combination may be correct, but it is not important enough to worry about.
    So then RJ your saying God is deceptive then right? All of them super novas are just fake and the Light we see is of a past that did not happen ?

Manny
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 05:15
    Well Big Bang theory also 'stretches out the heavens' but it still shows the universe to be 14 odd billion years old. BTW, the 'heavens' are being stretched out as we speak, the entire universe gets bigger second by second and there are parts of the universe we can never even see because light from those stars there are stretched out so far the light can ne ...[text shortened]... cta from the Yucatan made it 1500 feet deep of crushed and shocked rock, all the way to Bermuda?
    If God stretched out the heavens with the stars in it, then obviously the stars were once closer to the earth about 6,000 years ago. If we see light from stars, then obviously it has reached us in 6,000 years and there is no need for billions of years.

There may be fools claiming that a Mt Everest size meteor hit the earth, but it has not been proven. It is only a hypothesis - a guess.

Why do you choose to believe this Yucatan conspiracy theory about the extinction of dinosaurs? Who was there to see what happened if it supposedly happened 65 million years ago? It is all so stupid.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 May '14 05:53
    If God stretched out the heavens with the stars in it, then obviously the stars were once closer to the earth about 6,000 years ago. If we see light from stars, then obviously it has reached us in 6,000 years and there is no need for billions of years.
    I am afraid this simply doesn't work. But trying to explain basic geometry to you would be a waste of time.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 06:33
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I am afraid this simply doesn't work. But trying to explain basic geometry to you would be a waste of time.
    I studied basic geometry in high school and antalytic geometry in college. That has been a long time ago, but I may remember enough if you wish to give it a try.

If you have the ability to watch the following linked video, it explains why trying to disconnect the physical universe from the spiritual can lead to a misunderstanding of both realities.

YouTube
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 May '14 06:38
    I studied basic geometry in high school and antalytic geometry in college. That has been a long time ago, but I may remember enough if you wish to give it a try.

If you have the ability to watch the following linked video, it explains why trying to disconnect the physical universe from the spiritual can lead to a misunderstanding of both realities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMZbpDnYZ2Y
    If you really have studied geometry (which I seriously doubt, because genesis tells us nothing about geometry), you should know that the spirituality world cannot be calculated in any way.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 08:06
    Scientific Evidences for a Young Earth

YouTube

Dr. Kindell presents an examination of numerous physical processes in our galaxy, in our solar system, and on the earth that indicate that the Biblical age of the earth is correct.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 May '14 08:142 edits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_9c0-hbmIA

Dr. Kindell presents an examination of numerous physical processes in our galaxy, in our solar system, and on the earth that indicate that the Biblical age of the earth is correct.
    As youtube always stands for the ultimate truth:
    YouTube
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    14 May '14 08:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_9c0-hbmIA

"Dr"
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 May '14 08:33
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "Dr"
    "Doctor" of Divinity from Trevecca Nazarene University. Anyone can call themselves a "Dr" if they are creationists. That's why they don't know anything about science.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 May '14 08:40
    Its really quite simple. If the light left the stars when they were less than 6000 light years away, then they would appear to us to be less than 6000 light years away.

If they appear to us to be more than 6000 light years away, then supposing that they were actually closer when the light left them, does not explain the apparent distance.

If the heavens were 'stretched out' after the light left the stars, we would have no way of knowing this as we would only see the stars as they were before the stretching and not after.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 May '14 15:35

There may be fools claiming that a Mt Everest size meteor hit the earth, but it has not been proven. It ...[text shortened]... there to see what happened if it supposedly happened 65 million years ago? It is all so stupid.
    So lets see, he stretched out the 'heathens, er heavens, and in 6000 years, well it had to be a lot less time than that since A&E could see stars at night, so lets say it took only 1 day for the stretching part.

So in one day it, this god it, stretched out the heavens which presumably were only a few hundred miles out away from the Earth at the start, to the 14 billion light years we see today. So it, this god it, stretched out the heavens at a rate of about 112 trillion times the speed of light.

Wow, Totallllly awesome.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 18:33
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If you really have studied geometry (which I seriously doubt, because genesis tells us nothing about geometry), you should know that the spirituality world cannot be calculated in any way.
    Sacred Geometry

YouTube
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 May '14 18:39
    So lets see, he stretched out the 'heathens, er heavens, and in 6000 years, well it had to be a lot less time than that since A&E could see stars at night, so lets say it took only 1 day for the stretching part.

So in one day it, this god it, stretched out the heavens which presumably were only a few hundred miles out away from the Earth at the start, to ...[text shortened]... he heavens at a rate of about 112 trillion times the speed of light.

Wow, Totallllly awesome.
    There are about 17 times that the strectching out of the heavens is recorded. Perhaps this means there was about 17 times of this stretching also.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree