WWJD? This is spot on!

WWJD? This is spot on!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N

The sky

Moves
16 Dec 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
Would Jesus watch football or have a favorite team?
American football or real football?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
16 Dec 06
2 edits

Originally posted by TheSkipper
Look, call me stupid if you want but in the pages and pages of stuff you pasted into this thread I can see a number of different passages that *could* pertain to my original post (which I did not write, BTW) but I still can't be sure exactly what your point is. Perhaps it is more clear to others? Suffice to say, I don’t get it, could you be more specifi orgive me if my own impression of your ability to learn is far from promising.

TheSkipper
Maybe it would be a good thing you start with explaining what the meaning is of your first post. I have a strong impression you are aiming at certain people. Who are those people ? What is their interpretation of Jesus Christs' teachings in your view ? What are you trying to achieve with your post ? Who wrote your post ? You vehemently object and ridicule cut and paste jobs, but as we all can see you use this technique yourself. Who wrote your cut and paste job and who do you think wrote mine ?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 Dec 06

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Perhaps in time you'll come to understand the overarching theme of the Bible. Currently, it's pretty evident that you've managed to distort the message in order to continue to live in iniquity. If you truly repent, the message will become clearer. Right now you're lost.

I hope you at least understand that the 'narrowed isolation of random quotes taken out of context' in this case was chosen by YOU.
Thanks for the loving rebuke. I'll be sure to take it under advisement from one whose biblical wisdom and understanding clearly exceeds my febble grasp. 🙄

E
Cognitive Junta

Moves
17 Dec 06
1 edit

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Maybe it would be a good thing you start with explaining what the meaning is of your first post. I have a strong impression you are aiming at certain people. Who are those people ? What is their interpretation of Jesus Christs' teachings in your view ? What are you trying to achieve with your post ? Who wrote your post ? You vehemently object a ...[text shortened]... use this technique yourself. Who wrote your cut and paste job and who do you think wrote mine ?
Wow, this is straight out of junior debating class.

Just a question i am curious about. You sound like you are a pretty passionate guy when it comes to your religion. Would you be willing to die for the Bible and what it teaches?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by Esoteric

Just a question i am curious about. You sound like you are a pretty passionate guy when it comes to your religion. Would you be willing to die for the Bible and what it teaches?
No, no. That's too easy. How about this one?

Ivanhoe, if God came down, commanded you himself, would you murder someone for your religion?

Then followed up with;

If the Devil came down, masquerading as God, and told you to murder someone....

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Dec 06

Would you ?

E
Cognitive Junta

Moves
17 Dec 06
2 edits

Would you ?
No, I value my life too much. I am not a overly religious person. I believe, but I don't believe in a priest, a book and a building.

Your turn.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

Would you ?
Good ol' evading the question. Nothing like answering it, huh?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Dec 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
No, no. That's too easy. How about this one?

Ivanhoe, if God came down, commanded you himself, would you murder someone for your religion?

Then followed up with;

If the Devil came down, masquerading as God, and told you to murder someone....
As pointed out in his Regensburger speech, the Pope made clear that, apparently in contradiction to Islamic faith, God's will is bound by reason. That is why a Roman-Catholic, or any other Christian for that matter, can never claim that he does God's will by targetting and killing innocent human beings.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

As pointed out in his Regensburger speech, the Pope made clear that, apparently in contradiction to Islamic faith, God's will is bound by reason. That is why a Roman-Catholic, or any other Christian for that matter, can never claim that he does God's will by targetting and killing innocent human beings.
So God isn't omnipotent then? He is bound by reason. And apparently, no free will on Gods part either, if he can't order you to kill someone.

But for now, the question. If God asked you to kill someone, would you do it??

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Dec 06

No, I value my life too much. I am not a overly religious person. I believe, but I don't believe in a priest, a book and a building.
Your turn.
According to the Roman-Catholic faith it is not allowed to seek martyrdom. I also value life, even that of others ...... born or unborn, young or old, healthy or ill, disabled or not, dying or not dying .....

Can you claim the same ?

Esoteric: "I believe, but I don't believe in a priest, a book and a building."

Neither do I ....

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Dec 06
1 edit

So God isn't omnipotent then? He is bound by reason. And apparently, no free will on Gods part either, if he can't order you to kill someone.

I would know that it wasn't God who was asking. It would have to be somebody else .... guess who ?

So, the answer is "no".

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
17 Dec 06

"So God isn't omnipotent then? He is bound by reason. And apparently, no free will on Gods part either, if he can't order you to kill someone."

Your interpretation of freedom is the liberal one of "doing what one pleases". I use the Christian interpretation of freedom "doing what is good".

If you choose doing "good" instead of "evil" you will be free.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06
1 edit

I would know that it wasn't God who was asking. It would have to be somebody else .... guess who ?

So, the answer is "no".
Again, avoiding the question.

IF GOD TOLD YOU TO MURDER SOMEONE, WOULD YOU DO IT?

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
17 Dec 06

"So God isn't omnipotent then? He is bound by reason. And apparently, no free will on Gods part either, if he can't order you to kill someone."

Your interpretation of freedom is the liberal one of "doing what one pleases". I use the Christian interpretation of freedom "doing what is good".

If you choose doing "good" instead of "evil" you will be free.
Isn't "good" just doing something the way God wants it done? In which case, anything God does is, by default, good.

Thus, your god is logically bound to not be able to do some things, irrespective.