1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 12:54
    Regardless of whether or not you're an agnostic, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc... If someone offered to buy your soul, would you consider selling it. If so, what would you sell it for? World peace, immortality, fame, sexual gratification, etc....? Suppose they demonstrated that they could grant any wish, any desire?
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 13:03
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Regardless of whether or not you're an agnostic, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc... World peace, immortality, fame, sexual gratification, etc....? Suppose they demonstrated that they could grant any wish, any desire?
    If someone offered to buy your soul, would you consider selling it.

Yes.

If so, what would you sell it for?

Omnipotence. Then I'd take it right back.
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 14:01
    Regardless of whether or not you're an agnostic, atheist, Christian, Muslim, Hindu, etc... If someone offered to buy your soul, would you consider selling it. If so, what would you sell it for? World peace, immortality, fame, sexual gratification, etc....? Suppose they demonstrated that they could grant any wish, any desire?
    Yes if I believed in such things I would sell my soul for my daughter's salvation (meaning her soul would be saved guaranteed).
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 15:23
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Yes if I believed in such things I would sell my soul for my daughter's salvation (meaning her soul would be saved guaranteed).
    How noble of you, Joe. (Non-sarcasm disclaimer).
  5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 15:27
    Since I don't believe in a soul, I would have to say yes, how much are you prepared to pay?
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 19:12
    Why trade the infinite for the finite?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 20:36
    Is there an assumption that the soul actually exists and that I know this at the time of the offer? I'd consider 'selling' it, if I didn't think it existed. I'd have to discuss it with the person in question to see what they were talking about and why they thought I had a soul I could sell.
  8. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 22:05
    No.
  9. Playing with matches
    Moves
    11 Oct '05 22:29
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Is there an assumption that the soul actually exists and that I know this at the time of the offer? I'd consider 'selling' it, if I didn't think it existed. I'd have to discuss it with the person in question to see what they were talking about and why they thought I had a soul I could sell.
    It doesn't really matter if you believe in a soul.

Would you find it unsettling to have someone, in all seriousness, offer to buy your soul. I am tempted to proposition strangers with this question as a social experiment. I'm thinking I can get some very unusual reactions out of mothers of newborns in the mall, the elderly in my wife's assisted living corporation or those retards they hire at Walmart to pull it all day. I'm think of drafting a contract to present to my test subjects and I anticipate physical violence could result from my proposal.

As far as your discussion questions, I'd keep my answers simple. "I happen to have need for a human soul and if you don't believe that you have a soul, you should have no problem handing it over."

From a legal standpoint, could it be argued that your 'soul' has intrinsic value. Afterall, we tyically frown on late term abortions as the fetus can be demonstrated to have rudementary sentience and survival,detached from the womb,increases dramatically. One could argue that this rudemetary sentience is the forming of a 'soul' and you are essentially signing over ownership of what makes you... well, you.
  10. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 02:461 edit

Would you find it unsettling to have someone, in all seriousness, offer to buy your soul. I am tempted to proposition strangers with this question as a social experiment. I'm thinking I can get some very unusual reactions out of mothers of newborns in the mall, the elderly in my wife's assiste ...[text shortened]... ing of a 'soul' and you are essentially signing over ownership of what makes you... well, you.
    Jesus died to free my soul.The question to me is here>Would you let someone bring your soul to life if they died for you.My answer is yes.Yes I would.🙂
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 03:13

Would you find it unsettling to have someone, in all seriousness, offer to buy your soul. I am tempted to proposition strangers with this question as a social experiment. I'm thinking I can get some very unusual reactions out of mothers of newborns in the mall, the elderly in my wife's assiste ...[text shortened]... ing of a 'soul' and you are essentially signing over ownership of what makes you... well, you.
    I would certainly find it unsettling. I'd probably be waiting for the guy/gal to whip out a knife and sacrifice me to God.

So I'd probably say, "No, thanks," and then walk away quickly.

Now if I wasn't concerned for my physical safety, I'd say, "Hell, yeah sucker. I'll even throw in my chi and my animal spirit for discount. "
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 03:15

Wait, are you asking if I'd trade my cerebral cortex? No chance.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 03:21
    Where would the Devil cut you off in this trade?

What is a soul worth to him??? If so much, I think I'll hold on and see what it gets for me.

P-
  14. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 04:58
    Originally posted by telerion
    I would certainly find it unsettling. I'd probably be waiting for the guy/gal to whip out a knife and sacrifice me to God.

So I'd probably say, "No, thanks," and then walk away quickly.

Now if I wasn't concerned for my physical safety, I'd say, "Hell, yeah sucker. I'll even throw in my chi and my animal spirit for discount. "
    Yeah, that sounds about right.
  15. Playing with matches
    Moves
    12 Oct '05 12:12
    Originally posted by windmill
    Jesus died to free my soul.The question to me is here>Would you let someone bring your soul to life if they died for you.My answer is yes.Yes I would.🙂
    Just when I thought we'd reached 'The Retardation Barrier' you go and break it. The sucking sound as you broke through The Barrier was extraordinary. "WHHHUUUUUUUSHHHCK!" is a very close approximation of what I can only assume was your frontal lobe imploding under the high 'R-Force'.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree